Sevier Co. vs William Blount

tpoole12

Though I no longer have a "dog in the hunt" I have enjoyed this series and this is the game I'll be attending Friday unless something unforseen happens.

How are the Bears looking? Are you returning many staters? Who are the players to watch?

tpoole12

Sorry for the edit. I found two spelling errors and one grammar. Don't want lowkee on my back.... :roflol:

Edited by tpoole12

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know much about Sevier County this year but it does seem to always be a great game.

My prediction: Govs by 10

Go Govs!!

WBGradFan

Hope you are right... :thumb: I was hoping ole SCBear would join us and give us a scouting report. I have always enjoyed the banter with the folks at SC. I can't remember all the screen names from our Sevier County brethern ( and sisteren??).

I have a hard enough time trying to remember where I am and what I supposed to be doing. The stadium and field looked good friday night. It will be a while before they play at home again.

tpoole12

WBGradFan

Hope you are right... :thumb: I was hoping ole SCBear would join us and give us a scouting report. I have always enjoyed the banter with the folks at SC. I can't remember all the screen names from our Sevier County brethern ( and sisteren??).

I have a hard enough time trying to remember where I am and what I supposed to be doing. The stadium and field looked good friday night. It will be a while before they play at home again.

tpoole12

tpoole12

Love how you emphasis my age!

Would love to be able to give you some indepth scouting report but I am no where near as plugged in as some other SC followers on here. I can tell you that we lost a ton of experience to graduation on both sides of the ball including QB Zach Flynn who was the best passer we have had since Shane Kelly. Senior Danny Chastain will take over play calling duties and while not the passer that Zac was he has a pretty good arm himself. Where he should exceed though is that he is a little more like former QB Corey Watson in that he can pass pretty good but can also make plays with his wheels (not saying he is the dynamic playmaker that Corey was but that he is similar in style). If he struggles we may also see some of Jr. Cullen Lavoi who is also a pretty descent passer. Lost some experienced WR's but also have some good ones coming back in Gilson and Pippen. The ground attack hopefully will be more consistent this year led by bruising RB Dakota Cogdill and hopefully an unknown (at least to me) underclassman that can provide some sort of speedy, breakaway alternative. O line is a mystery as we lost 3 starters from last year but have heard some nice things from the McCallie camp about thier replacements.

The defense was solid last season if not unspectacular. The key returning starters are Cogdill at LB and Josh Johnson in the secondary. We also lost a lot of starters on this side of the ball too but again have heard some good things from camp about the younger players (especially the D line and secondary). Maybe someone who has seen this team in action this year can give a more thorough scouting report of what to expect.

Too many new faces and unknowns for me to know what kind of team we will field but hopefully we will not be too shell shocked when the lights go up Friday night. Love this rivalry that has developed with the Govs. Wish we could be in their region (promised myself that I won't go there as I did enough complaining about the stupid realignment last year). Love the trip to WB. Nice stadium and good people. Hope everyone stays safe.

Though I no longer have a "dog in the hunt" I have enjoyed this series and this is the game I'll be attending Friday unless something unforseen happens.

How are the Bears looking? Are you returning many staters? Who are the players to watch?

tpoole12

Sorry for the edit. I found two spelling errors and one grammar. Don't want lowkee on my back.... :roflol:

We all can make mistakes :rolleyes:

From what I understand, the cubs are lacking on the o line but are said to be able to throw the ball all over the field. Defense is said to be tuff. I think the G-Men have their work cut out for them. It seems to always be a game in which the score goes back and forth and fatigue plays a part in a win or loss. Hopefully coach G has them in shape. Hoping for no injuries on either side and a win for the G-Men :thumb:

tpoole12

Love how you emphasis my age!

Would love to be able to give you some indepth scouting report but I am no where near as plugged in as some other SC followers on here.

Thanks SCBear

In spite of what you said about not being "plugged in" I'd have to say that's a pretty good report. I can't offer any thing near that. We had eighteen seniors (my son was one) last year so we will be seeing many new faces also. I will brag a little though on some of the people that support the Gov's. The Stadium looks great. There has been many hours spent by hard working people who care about the program. The Stadium has been pressure washed, the fence painted and many other coats of paint applied all around. The field looked good but may show some wear and tear from the jamboree game last week. Look forward to friday night.

tpoole12

red rebells ... I'll be looking for you..............:)

Surely there is more fans than "ole" SCBear in Sevier County. They are sure being quiet or a bad computer virus has invaded the Sevier County internet. At the same time the WB fans aren't saying much either. Maybe everyone is still in wait and see mode. As I stated earlier I no longer have a dog in the hunt and cannot offer any insight on the Govs. I still can't remember the screen names of some of the SC fans or I would call them out. Gettin old aint for sissies.

Have a safe trip to Blount County.

tpoole12