Soddy Daisy vs Science Hill

Quasar

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really think this SH team isn't better than any team Scott Smith put on the field? They may of been some of the worst coached teams I have ever seen. Such a waste of talent.

They will be by mid-season. Coach Carter started slow at South losing games to East, Johnson Co.,and by 45 to Tn. Hi. By the end of the season, he had it moving forward. I just think travel and 1st game jitters will be tough for them to overcome and then they will have Elizabethton to contend with before christening Kermit Tipton with sacrificial lamb Volunteer. If they thump Soddy, I'll be the first to give you kudos.

They will be by mid-season. Coach Carter started slow at South losing games to East, Johnson Co.,and by 45 to Tn. Hi. By the end of the season, he had it moving forward. I just think travel and 1st game jitters will be tough for them to overcome and then they will have Elizabethton to contend with before christening Kermit Tipton with sacrificial lamb Volunteer. If they thump Soddy, I'll be the first to give you kudos.

I'll be 2nd

Well, the commercial buses should help ease the pain of a long trip rather than riding those school buses. :D

dont get me wrong,im just saying you ever rode a greyhound.SD is better than last yr not saying SH aint.just the ride alone and they playing a good team at home?

dont get me wrong,im just saying you ever rode a greyhound.SD is better than last yr not saying SH aint.just the ride alone and they playing a good team at home?

Just speaking from experience, but I've taken a 10 hour bus ride on a charter and it didn't hamper our play one bit vs a good home team.

Wow . . . What a game! The Hill's defense played better than I expected and the offense played worse than expected. Lots of first game mistakes. Both teams are young and inexperienced, but a very hard fought game on both sides. Very proud of our boys. The Hill had some very sweet and sharply executed plays and some plays were you said, what was that? But, that is to be expected. :thumb:

We will enjoy this win this weekend and start getting ready for Betsy Monday.

A few thoughts:

Congrats to Science HIll, It was defintly too early to be playing a football game. Both teams played hard and you hated to see either team lose. Soddy-Daisy played well in spurts and for his first game in three years their quarterback played pretty well and he will get better. What has many Blue and Gold fans puzzled is why we didn't call timeout immediately after the sack with 1:47 left on our own 8 yard line? Why let 30 seconds run off clock and then call time? After we punt the ball back to them with a minute left, do we not remember the swing pass right before half that Science HIll just about burnt us on, well guess what, as open as he was and being in the same situation they'll run it again, which they did for about 35 yards.

It's only one game, lets correct some of these mental mistakes and keep our heads in the game. The effort was there, this team has potential but it can not make silly mistakes

Wow . . . What a game! The Hill's defense played better than I expected and the offense played worse than expected. Lots of first game mistakes. Both teams are young and inexperienced, but a very hard fought game on both sides. Very proud of our boys. The Hill had some very sweet and sharply executed plays and some plays were you said, what was that? But, that is to be expected. :thumb:

We will enjoy this win this weekend and start getting ready for Betsy Monday.

Don't worry Hill fans, the offense will get rolling. Carters first season at South took a few games for the offense to gel, but as we all know he knows how to coach offense. By mid season this team will be putting up the points. you've got one heck of a staff (of course im a little partial). How's the new stadium coming?

Congrats TOPHAT58 :thumb:

I'm confused. If you are a DB alum, how can you cheer Science Hill and Down Sullivan South? Anybody that has lived in the tri-cities long engouh knows that DB and SH has been a much BIGGER rivalry than DB and South has been. Don't get me wrong, I am glad Science Hill won against a 'west' TN team, but why do you get so much pleasure seeing South lose?

Confused.