Big 8

There will be more upper east tn. DB haters at the game cheering for Farragut than there will be Farragut fans. Farragut could probably get one of the local bands and save expenses of hauling theirs up here.

WaCo . . . I'll be pulling for our Big 8 foes to whip them boys from Knoxville! 8-)

Edited by The Hill

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I can see from reading a majority of the posts over the last week or so, Everyone hates boone thanks to tosssweep. But here is the way that I see it. Alot of people in the Boone area have remarked that it will take awhile before SH is any good... I disagree with this. The tricities sports preseason Big 8 predictions had SH in the lower 4 which is bogus. I dont see Boone beating SH for a good 10 years. The mental block that south brought has moved over to SH. IMO. Stacey has the talent, coaching ability, and money to make SH something special. With that being said I will still be on the sideline chanting "Go Boone". I was not impressed with DB during the scrimmage. Im not sure if they just decided to hide everything play a basic quarter and be done with it, or if this is a preview of a long season for DB? Take away the 70 yard run from seabolt and a miscued snap from volunteer and the Falcons looked like a better team. IMO. South and TN looked like a pretty evenly matched contest. TN has the center and tight end, but other then that I wasnt impressed by either team. The contest between SH and Central can merely be considered a contest. 7 minutes into it God decided that he would put Central out of their misery. Im not sure that the Boone-DC is a proper assesment of what Boone can do. They pretty much ran the ball up the middle everytime, only giving DC the ball once and allowing one first down. DC did look like a more talented group then years past. Boone has leaked out some trickery that may be used this season. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. With all of this being said I am only assesing what I saw at the scrimmage, and I am not attacking any team or it's fans. I would like to know if what I saw was just me, or if others saw it to.

So DB vs Volunteer was a 37 - 0 win for DB in 2009. DB had their worst season in some 2 decades or more as far as talent and records go. DB played the whole team in the jamboree. Now I know the new offense needs to be worked on, but you can't take away much from that scrimmage. Especially given Clark's well established, non aggresive play everyone, show no card approach to a scrimmage that did not matter against the Falcons whom I promise tried hard to do some damage to DB.

I see you are a boone fan, and respect the fact you beat the Indians last year. But if you are interested in a little bet on the 2010 time around, let me know

Science Hill had some very good teams before Scott Smith arived on the scene. I can remember several barn burners between DB & SH. They should be able to put some good talent on the field this year. I wouldn't give all the credit to Carter, but I know thats where it will all go if they have a good year. I don't think you got to see much in the Jam-Bore-Re from any team except Science Hill. If Carter would of had time he would of scored 80 on Central. Clark hates the Jam-Bore-Re and is never going to show anything in it. We still don't know if this is a team that can get us back the respect that we lost last year but we'll find out in a few days. I am hearing that Farragut is alot better than people are giving them credit for. Was talking to a friend in Knoxville Sunday and he says this team will be better than last years. I still think Boone is playing a cat & mouse game with its Big 8 foes. Their going to be better than last year also. I think their the team to beat up here.

Cat and Mouse is always how we will play. There are NOT that many posters from Boone on this message board, and the ones that do post are usually ones who don't want us to be too too noticed (except for Crockett.....but that is something else). I think that it'll come down to DB and DB....but a lot can happen and kids can change year to year. I'll be supporting Boone all the way and I hope they have an even better year than last years. DB was a sweet bit of success, but it was the TN High game that made the year worth while.

Cat and Mouse is always how we will play. There are NOT that many posters from Boone on this message board, and the ones that do post are usually ones who don't want us to be too too noticed (except for Crockett.....but that is something else). I think that it'll come down to DB and DB....but a lot can happen and kids can change year to year. I'll be supporting Boone all the way and I hope they have an even better year than last years. DB was a sweet bit of success, but it was the TN High game that made the year worth while.

That's no lie, the win over DB was alright. Seeing Jeremy jump like a little kid gets a blazers blood pumping, but it was the win agaisnt TN that made the season complete. Now everyone can say that "It'll never happen again" "ya lost two big defensive players" so on and so forth, and that's alright but Boone is a physical team. We don't have any 5 star athletes, heck we dont even have any 3 stars but we play together as a team. The pride is there in the school and community and regardless of the outcome of this season there will still be that pride. So I'd rather be a 4-6 trailblazers team then a state winning DB, SH, TN, or South. Boone is a family and at the end of the day it is truly great to be a DANIEL BOONE TRAILBLAZER!

Science Hill had some very good teams before Scott Smith arived on the scene. I can remember several barn burners between DB & SH. They should be able to put some good talent on the field this year. I wouldn't give all the credit to Carter, but I know thats where it will all go if they have a good year. I don't think you got to see much in the Jam-Bore-Re from any team except Science Hill. If Carter would of had time he would of scored 80 on Central. Clark hates the Jam-Bore-Re and is never going to show anything in it. We still don't know if this is a team that can get us back the respect that we lost last year but we'll find out in a few days. I am hearing that Farragut is alot better than people are giving them credit for. Was talking to a friend in Knoxville Sunday and he says this team will be better than last years. I still think Boone is playing a cat & mouse game with its Big 8 foes. Their going to be better than last year also. I think their the team to beat up here.

A D-B loss to Farragut would be very disappointing based on preseason hype. But my sources in Knoxville also confirm that K-F could be pretty good this year. Certainly, it is the marquee game tomorrow. I hope that D-B can win solidly and represent NET football well.

As far as the Big 8 goes, I think Boone will be surprisingly good. The overall finish will be:

D-B

Boone

Science Hill

South

THS

Volunteer

Crockett

Central

As much as things change, they stay the same - look for the following trends in the next few seasons.

D-B over South - the coaches have even bought into the voodoo

South over THS - despite last year's exception, see above comment regarding Coach Stubbs

Science Hill over Boone - the Stacy Carter fear factor takes hold

D-B over Science Hill - why hire Stacy Carter to beat D-B when you could have gotten any old Region II 4 seed coach for a lot less money?

South over Boone - the Blazers become a different team when they see Columbia Blue; perhaps Crockett should change their colors.

D-B and THS - ? Way too much vitriol on another site about this one. D-B will win big in '10. Viking reloading efforts are underway.

Boone over D-B - maybe not in '10 but look out. Coach Jenkins is not intimidated by D-B and the Blazer style matches up well with the Indians.

The next reclassification is scheduled to occur after the '12 season. It may come as early as next season based on state and county budget cuts.

Assuming we keep HS football in all the budgets (no foregone conclusion for all school systems), 6A will be D-B, Boone, Crockett, and S-H. 5A will be Volunteer and THS. Central and South will move to 4A. More travel for the big schools or split gates are in the offing. It will be very controversial but I can see most smaller, local schools refusing to play D-B and S-H. This was certainly not the intent of the TSSAA re-classification but it may be the outcome.

A D-B loss to Farragut would be very disappointing based on preseason hype. But my sources in Knoxville also confirm that K-F could be pretty good this year. Certainly, it is the marquee game tomorrow. I hope that D-B can win solidly and represent NET football well.

As far as the Big 8 goes, I think Boone will be surprisingly good. The overall finish will be:

D-B

Boone

Science Hill

South

THS

Volunteer

Crockett

Central

As much as things change, they stay the same - look for the following trends in the next few seasons.

D-B over South - the coaches have even bought into the voodoo

South over THS - despite last year's exception, see above comment regarding Coach Stubbs

Science Hill over Boone - the Stacy Carter fear factor takes hold

D-B over Science Hill - why hire Stacy Carter to beat D-B when you could have gotten any old Region II 4 seed coach for a lot less money?

South over Boone - the Blazers become a different team when they see Columbia Blue; perhaps Crockett should change their colors.

D-B and THS - ? Way too much vitriol on another site about this one. D-B will win big in '10. Viking reloading efforts are underway.

Boone over D-B - maybe not in '10 but look out. Coach Jenkins is not intimidated by D-B and the Blazer style matches up well with the Indians.

The next reclassification is scheduled to occur after the '12 season. It may come as early as next season based on state and county budget cuts.

Assuming we keep HS football in all the budgets (no foregone conclusion for all school systems), 6A will be D-B, Boone, Crockett, and S-H. 5A will be Volunteer and THS. Central and South will move to 4A. More travel for the big schools or split gates are in the offing. It will be very controversial but I can see most smaller, local schools refusing to play D-B and S-H. This was certainly not the intent of the TSSAA re-classification but it may be the outcome.

Solid :thumb:

That's no lie, the win over DB was alright. Seeing Jeremy jump like a little kid gets a blazers blood pumping, but it was the win agaisnt TN that made the season complete. Now everyone can say that "It'll never happen again" "ya lost two big defensive players" so on and so forth, and that's alright but Boone is a physical team. We don't have any 5 star athletes, heck we dont even have any 3 stars but we play together as a team. The pride is there in the school and community and regardless of the outcome of this season there will still be that pride. So I'd rather be a 4-6 trailblazers team then a state winning DB, SH, TN, or South. Boone is a family and at the end of the day it is truly great to be a DANIEL BOONE TRAILBLAZER!

Well that is where I will disagree with you. First off, saying there are no 3 star athletes is wrong. Boone has a ton of kids who have worked year in and year out to be athletes. We aren't just some team that works on the farm all week and tries to play some football on Friday night. These kids have worked hard in the off season and such...just like the other programs in the area. Last year was a great start to a winning tradition program that sees 8-9 wins a season, just have to keep the momentum going. I am ready to see the Blazers keep winning. Little community Boones Creek, Gray, Sulphur Springs Fall Branch whatever pride needs to all come together for Boone Pride and support. Last year really did that big time. I fully support the coaching staff and kids and I think they are all a group of winners.

I know it has turned into a circus over the last few weeks.There are a few new "DB" posters and a couple have more than one screen name,it doesn't take a better speller than me or a rocket scientist to figure that out.I know some of us big 8 fans will get after each other and that's part of the fun,even on our own teams every now and then.Please know that most fans have a respect for all the local teams but we do want to beat anyone in front of us,that's why we play the games.I hope to have a great year and have a real nice playoff run at DB,but it wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit to see another local team win it all in 1A,2A,3A,4A or 5A.I can't wish the complete same for SH,because that would mean our demise.

Congrats to D-B and Crockett for the wins last night :thumb:

The question is... Will the Toppers match the Indians in Week 0 with a bigtime win over a 6A Oppenent? My guess is yes they will. South may have a tough time with Knox West. Boone should handle Seymour with very little trouble.

Dobyns-Bennett, Daniel Boone & Science Hill... those 3 will shake out on top of the Big 8. Graham Clark has got something for 2010.

Roll Tribe Roll

I know it has turned into a circus over the last few weeks.There are a few new "DB" posters and a couple have more than one screen name,it doesn't take a better speller than me or a rocket scientist to figure that out.I know some of us big 8 fans will get after each other and that's part of the fun,even on our own teams every now and then.Please know that most fans have a respect for all the local teams but we do want to beat anyone in front of us,that's why we play the games.I hope to have a great year and have a real nice playoff run at DB,but it wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit to see another local team win it all in 1A,2A,3A,4A or 5A.I can't wish the complete same for SH,because that would mean our demise.

I'm just getting started so bear with me. I'll be putting my 2 cents in from time to time. Getting butterfly's waiting for the season to start and am about to bust. Good Luck to all the teams!

Edited by NoDaddyBall