BIG 8 in Week 0

crawdad

Cap let me ask you something,Why you keep bringing up Maryville when your team couldnt beat them in 5A.Not even your MN,BA,MB Lead team in 2001. Heck yall cant beat Morristown West but what every 5 yrs.Dude its funny as heck to see fans hate a school so bad cause they cant beat them but every 10 or so yrs!And some cant do it then.Another thang thats funny is when you luck up and win {1 out of 10 yrs}you go on about it.Let me ask you i bet if you had beat Maryville that yr,you would have been going on how great tenn high is and think there on Maryvilles level.D-B is not winning state titles but they've owned all the teams around here.you want to talk 5A when you lose but Forget about it when you win.How about your rivil East and Vir. High there smaller schools but thats Different right.Dang yall some HATERS cause yall cant do what we do.but every 3 or 4 yrs. :thumb:

Well, I'm gonna have to recall my original comment-----I complimented you on your post, first time I saw you this year, but now yOu are beginning to get annoying. Who cares about about what DB has done over the last 200 years or what TN High hasn't done. DB should own all the teams around here, look at the number of students you have. That is why there is a 6A and 5A, etc. Your comments and other thread about DB-Haters---ridiculous. Grow up.

This is not the Big 8 in week 0, it's the bash the school we are all jealuos of and wish we could be but never will sight!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, eat that. Loved or hated but never ignored. Dream on boys, you will never be what we've been for almost a century. We own you all. I don't care if it's 1a,2a,3a,4a,5a or whatever a. Hoo rah for dear old Dobyns-Bennett, long may she be, best High School to be found, land or cross the sea, never more shall we be departed till school days are 'or, hoo rah for dear ole Dobyns-Bennett and shout, hey,hey,hey hey.................... Come on now, you know you know it........we know your humming.lol. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cap let me ask you something,Why you keep bringing up Maryville when your team couldnt beat them in 5A.Not even your MN,BA,MB Lead team in 2001. Heck yall cant beat Morristown West but what every 5 yrs.Dude its funny as heck to see fans hate a school so bad cause they cant beat them but every 10 or so yrs!And some cant do it then.Another thang thats funny is when you luck up and win {1 out of 10 yrs}you go on about it.Let me ask you i bet if you had beat Maryville that yr,you would have been going on how great tenn high is and think there on Maryvilles level.D-B is not winning state titles but they've owned all the teams around here.you want to talk 5A when you lose but Forget about it when you win.How about your rivil East and Vir. High there smaller schools but thats Different right.Dang yall some HATERS cause yall cant do what we do.but every 3 or 4 yrs. :thumb:

Fair enough question 4DB. Let me just start by saying I'm a realist. With that being said, I went to the game in 04' and witnessed Maryville up close and personal... and that was after we had OWNED each and every opponent in this area with the exception of DB who we did not play, and who ... can you believe :roflol: ... lost in the first or second round of the playoffs after holdin down their annual #1 in the State spot for most of the season. I came away from that experience knowing that the Rebels were like the Great Wall of China as far as the Vikings and ANYBODY ELSE ever making it to Murfreesboro from the NET. I posted that fact on these boards, and MANY DB fans shouted that Maryville WOULD NOT have that success if they were playing where they should be.... and that was with the "big boys". Well.......... reality came knockin last year. :roflol: And don't get it twisted, DB (with all their HISTORICAL history) has (IMO) NEVER had a complete team that could have showed up on week 11 of last year with much different results ... and Maryville was down by all accounts even for 5A. You can rest assure that it's not going to ever be that easy on you (despite the 40-0 score). That's not a football program... it's a machine... kinda like the Terminator. They just plug in just enough talent to do what they do. If THS would have beaten them in 04', I would have held it for what it would have been... a gift from the football gods!! Im not on Maryville's jock... I just give credit where it's due. You should try it sometimes.

As far as the "win one about every 10 years" goes... It's usually WacOff that pulls that one out.... and sometimes you just gotta overlook the special people. But sense you SEEM like you're trying to learn the ropes let me enlighten you. In the 31 games THS and DB have played since 1969 or so. DB has won 19 and THS 12. That's a little better than once every 10 years don't ya think!! Did you learn that math in North Carolina. Little bit of advice... WacOff is what I call the Shawn Hannity of coacht.... he speaks half truths that sucker in the "dumb and blind sheep" of the world. If you repeat his "facts" you will more times than not look like a CLOWN!!! :thumb:

Edited by Cap1

This is not the Big 8 in week 0, it's the bash the school we are all jealuos of and wish we could be but never will sight!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, eat that. Loved or hated but never ignored. Dream on boys, you will never be what we've been for almost a century. We own you all. I don't care if it's 1a,2a,3a,4a,5a or whatever a. Hoo rah for dear old Dobyns-Bennett, long may she be, best High School to be found, land or cross the sea, never more shall we be departed till school days are 'or, hoo rah for dear ole Dobyns-Bennett and shout, hey,hey,hey hey.................... Come on now, you know you know it........we know your humming.lol. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What makes you think that anyone on here would hate on a team that finished tied for 3rd in a in a 5A conference. You guys are funny... kinda like a kid that repeated the 8th grade twice bragging about being the only player on the team that has his license. I hope you are satisfied with wining a few conference championships because that's about as far as the accolades will go for DB football!! Tow the Tribe!!! :roflol: Now... anybody else want to do a Tarzan on this thread??!!! 8-)

Fair enough question 4DB. Let me just start by saying I'm a realist. With that being said, I went to the game in 04' and witnessed Maryville up close and personal... and that was after we had OWED each and every opponent in this area with the exception of DB who we did not play, and who ... can you believe :roflol: ... lost in the first or second round of the playoffs after holdin down their annual #1 in the State spot for most of the season. I came away from that experience knowing that the Rebels were like the Great Wall of China as far as the Vikings and ANYBODY ELSE ever making it to Murfreesboro . I posted that fact on these boards, and MANY DB fans shouted that Maryville WOULD NOT have that success if they were playing where they should be.... and that was with the "big boys". Well.......... reality came calling knockin last year. :roflol: And don't get it twisted, DB (with all their HISTORICAL history) has (IMO) NEVER had a complete team that could have showed up on week 11 of last year with much different results ... and Maryville was down by all accounts even for 5A. You can rest assure that it's not going to ever be that easy on you (despite the 40-0 score). That's not a football program... it's a machine... kinda like the Terminator. They just plug in just enough talent to do what they do. If THS would have beaten them in 04', I would have held it for what it would have been... a gift from the football gods!! Im not on Maryville's jock... I just give credit where it's due. You should try it sometimes.

As far as the "win one about every 10 years" goes... It's usually WacOff that pulls that one out.... and sometimes you just gotta overlook the special people. But sense you SEEM like you're trying to learn the ropes let me enlighten you. In the 31 games THS and DB have played since 1969 or so. DB has won 19 and THS 12. That's a little better than once every 10 years don't ya think!! Did you learn that math in North Carolina. Little bit of advice... WacOff is what I call the Shawn Hannity of coacht.... he speaks half truths that sucker in the "dumb and blind sheep" of the world. If you repeat his "facts" you will more times than not look like a CLOWN!!! :thumb:

I would like to add something if I may Cap. "04 and '05 was probably Maryvilles best teams talent wise. The '04 Vikings were monsterous. But the '05 MoWest Trojans were even better. Fielding 125 players they had RB's and LB's galore. Speed, speed, speed. And crushing FB's. Maryville toasted them in the final. Since then and my point, Maryville has not had more than a few skill jewels. Especially the last two years. But their claim to fame is not their talent normally. Yes, Brent Burnette and Aaron Douglas... But when you get a chance to play them and you are actually in the game for a while then you will see the magic that is Maryville. And that is coaching. Yes, DB has talent this year and talent is imperative. And yes, GC is a great coach. A great coach DURING the game? It's one thing to be a good enough coach to get to play them, but yet another to outsmart GQ. Not saying GC is not on that level, but what I am saying is that GQ takes average players and creates an animal through his genius. And he is a genius. And ruthless. In '08 Maryville lost the final. And they lost to a bunch of jokesters. It was the first time I have seen GQ lose composure. I mean, what was it GC said? Every now and then even Betty Crocker burns one. GQ plays to win. He doesn't play for character, or to allow his players to relalize there destiny or any of that stuff. He plays to win. However he can make it happen. And sometimes he plays "dingy" pool just clean enough to keep it from being dirty. It is truly a different level of coaching. And he comes out smelling like a rose.

Edited by compusatman
  • Upvote 1

Well, I'm gonna have to recall my original comment-----I complimented you on your post, first time I saw you this year, but now yOu are beginning to get annoying. Who cares about about what DB has done over the last 200 years or what TN High hasn't done. DB should own all the teams around here, look at the number of students you have. That is why there is a 6A and 5A, etc. Your comments and other thread about DB-Haters---ridiculous. Grow up.

who cares if theres 100,000 in the entire school,what does that have to do with the football team,if theres only 60 playing.And somebody made the comment why does D-B have that little of a team.Its because most of the kids now are scared to take a hit,and want to be gangbangers and thats at all the schools.This is to everybody thats got a team other than D-B.Why do yall play lower 4A and 3A schools its the same thing you talk about D-B doing.And you telling me to grow up, :thumb: you got alot of room to talk.thats what makes D-B so good ,yall HATERS eat ,sleep,drink hating D-B how lame is that.theres one thing ive seen on here almost every day.somebody putting D-B down ,i dont care what school your from {A BUNCH OF HATERS} :roflol:

Fair enough question 4DB. Let me just start by saying I'm a realist. With that being said, I went to the game in 04' and witnessed Maryville up close and personal... and that was after we had OWNED each and every opponent in this area with the exception of DB who we did not play, and who ... can you believe :roflol: ... lost in the first or second round of the playoffs after holdin down their annual #1 in the State spot for most of the season. I came away from that experience knowing that the Rebels were like the Great Wall of China as far as the Vikings and ANYBODY ELSE ever making it to Murfreesboro from the NET. I posted that fact on these boards, and MANY DB fans shouted that Maryville WOULD NOT have that success if they were playing where they should be.... and that was with the "big boys". Well.......... reality came knockin last year. :roflol: And don't get it twisted, DB (with all their HISTORICAL history) has (IMO) NEVER had a complete team that could have showed up on week 11 of last year with much different results ... and Maryville was down by all accounts even for 5A. You can rest assure that it's not going to ever be that easy on you (despite the 40-0 score). That's not a football program... it's a machine... kinda like the Terminator. They just plug in just enough talent to do what they do. If THS would have beaten them in 04', I would have held it for what it would have been... a gift from the football gods!! Im not on Maryville's jock... I just give credit where it's due. You should try it sometimes.

THEN STOP BEING A HATER GIVE CREDIT.YOU KNOW ANY OTHER YR D-B WOULD HAVE BEAT THAT ***!!! :thumb:

What makes you think that anyone on here would hate on a team that finished tied for 3rd in a in a 5A conference. You guys are funny... kinda like a kid that repeated the 8th grade twice bragging about being the only player on the team that has his license. I hope you are satisfied with wining a few conference championships because that's about as far as the accolades will go for DB football!! Tow the Tribe!!! :roflol: Now... anybody else want to do a Tarzan on this thread??!!! 8-)

You didnt say?How bout East and Vir High,You telling me thats the best you can do?lets see you got RICHLANDS,LEBANON,GATE CITY AND THATS BECAUSE I CAN SEE YOU LIKE TO PLAY POWERHOUSES FROM THE STATE OF VIRGINIA,ELIZABETHTON and you come up with EAST and VIRGINIA HIGH,HECK why dont you add JOHN BATTLE.LOL :roflol: and i know your going to say rivils but we got NORTH,you dont see us trying to get cheap wins.even before we joined the same conference we did play SOUTH and ELIZABETHTON.Dude get out of here with your weak come backs.

I would like to add something if I may Cap. "04 and '05 was probably Maryvilles best teams talent wise. The '04 Vikings were monsterous. But the '05 MoWest Trojans were even better. Fielding 125 players they had RB's and LB's galore. Speed, speed, speed. And crushing FB's. Maryville toasted them in the final. Since then and my point, Maryville has not had more than a few skill jewels. Especially the last two years. But their claim to fame is not their talent normally. Yes, Brent Burnette and Aaron Douglas... But when you get a chance to play them and you are actually in the game for a while then you will see the magic that is Maryville. And that is coaching. Yes, DB has talent this year and talent is imperative. And yes, GC is a great coach. A great coach DURING the game? It's one thing to be a good enough coach to get to play them, but yet another to outsmart GQ. Not saying GC is not on that level, but what I am saying is that GQ takes average players and creates an animal through his genius. And he is a genius. And ruthless. In '08 Maryville lost the final. And they lost to a bunch of jokesters. It was the first time I have seen GQ lose composure. I mean, what was it GC said? Every now and then even Betty Crocker burns one. GQ plays to win. He doesn't play for character, or to allow his players to relalize there destiny or any of that stuff. He plays to win. However he can make it happen. And sometimes he plays "dingy" pool just clean enough to keep it from being dirty. It is truly a different level of coaching. And he comes out smelling like a rose.

what? {You guys got it bad},what yall winning.Yall keep talking about Clark what is yalls head men doing.HATERS!!! :roflol:

who cares if theres 100,000 in the entire school,what does that have to do with the football team,if theres only 60 playing.And somebody made the comment why does D-B have that little of a team.Its because most of the kids now are scared to take a hit,and want to be gangbangers and thats at all the schools.This is to everybody thats got a team other than D-B.Why do yall play lower 4A and 3A schools its the same thing you talk about D-B doing.And you telling me to grow up, :thumb: you got alot of room to talk.thats what makes D-B so good ,yall HATERS eat ,sleep,drink hating D-B how lame is that.theres one thing ive seen on here almost every day.somebody putting D-B down ,i dont care what school your from {A BUNCH OF HATERS} :roflol:

So now we know why DB is not a legitimate 6A football team.... you got a bunch of punks walkin the crowded halls. :roflol: Thanks for enlightening us 4DB... even though you still can't grasp the 5A vs 6A thing. Let me fill you in on East and Virginia High since you insist on bringing it up. For your info... this is only the second year that East hasn't been in the same classification (and conference for that matter) as THS. In the 30+ years we have played, East has NEVER won a game on the field of play. But I bet you probably didn't know that because we don't go around shouting it form the mountain tops unlike the mighty tribe does to ALL of the teams in this area. It's called respect... something you obviously don't know about. The games against East and Virginia High go far beyond just rivalry ... it helps this community it many ways. But I would be foolish to waist my breath trying to explain it to someone that can't grasp the concept of different classifications in high school sports. This explanation would be WELL above your pay rate. Let me ask you somethin... what has playing all those teams from knoxville and beyond ever done for DB? You're still gonna make your annual exit in the first MAYBE second round.... AS USUAL. You and BUD talk about playing all these big time teams, but you have NOTHING to show for your efforts... so what's your point????!!! :huh:

You didnt say?How bout East and Vir High,You telling me thats the best you can do?lets see you got RICHLANDS,LEBANON,GATE CITY AND THATS BECAUSE I CAN SEE YOU LIKE TO PLAY POWERHOUSES FROM THE STATE OF VIRGINIA,ELIZABETHTON and you come up with EAST and VIRGINIA HIGH,HECK why dont you add JOHN BATTLE.LOL :roflol: and i know your going to say rivils but we got NORTH,you dont see us trying to get cheap wins.even before we joined the same conference we did play SOUTH and ELIZABETHTON.Dude get out of here with your weak come backs.

What??!!! :blink::roflol: