Greenback vs Meigs Co.

semperwrestlin

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Greenback will surprise some people if they can stay healthy. They didn't look good in the jamboree but were missing some kids, no excuse, but I believe they will be fine. Not sure what Meigs County is bringing back from last year. I do know Greenback has some good skill people this year and in recent scrimmages has looked good up front. Should be a good game to watch.

I believe Greenback will surprise some people if they can stay healthy. They didn't look good in the jamboree but were missing some kids, no excuse, but I believe they will be fine. Not sure what Meigs County is bringing back from last year. I do know Greenback has some good skill people this year and in recent scrimmages has looked good up front. Should be a good game to watch.

Jack that is a, big key staying healthy Gback is pretty good in some key places but in some of those they are one deep. This could be a fun season if a few things go our way but it could be a long one if they don't.

Semper, does that mean you're getting out? or just on leave? and how is little bro doin?

Greenback line is undersized and a bit depleated due to injury. A real concern if they want to rely primarily on the run as they did last year. The line did not look very good against Coalfield in the last scrimmage which likely was a real wake up call for the coaches. One may be able to rationalize getting pushed around by much larger school WB in the jamboree but Coalfield is a similar size school and in the apples to apples comparison Greenback lines came up short. That said, GB still has a chance to win against Meigs but I doubt it will be with straight up football. Meigs always seems to have huge linemen. Maybe a page from last year's unconventional game plan where GB almost pulled off the stunning upset against much stronger team Grace Christian will be the way to win against the Meigs county beef.

I do not think we are better than Loudon. We are small on the line but I thought we played Coalfield well during the scrimmage. If we can get our tackle back we should be ok. Not sure what Meigs has at the skill positions either. I have heard there line is huge.

Our kids are still learning the new system every day. Our line is big and physical and fast.Sounds like it will be a good game.