Centennial...For Real?

stringmusic

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as far as i can see centennial is for real. they already have the best record in school history and the season is only half over. they have an excellent defense with some hard nosed player. their offense has been producing very well on the ground. the passing attack is struggling, but the running game is amazing. they either go three and out or two and score everytime they touch the ball. they run a very hard to read offense in the wishbone that if run properly can be very exciting to watch. tracy beech is a senior running back for the cougars who just last night against father ryan had about 250 yards running with 4 touchdowns. centennial has franklin this week in the battle of franklin it is always a great game. franklin won last year when they returned a kick off after a safety that got the cougars down and they never seem to get back up. this years team does not get down. they fight the whole game, which is evident from the chs bhs game. it will be a great one to watch, and it will answer the question, it centennial for real? thank you

[Edited by c on 9-29-02 12:15A]

i think centennial is for real. Since the school has opened centennial has always been overlooken as an easy team to play on the schedule. This year is very different. i think the team has a lot of chemistry but this year they have a little more depth and experience. They always play really hard on defense. They have a lot of leadership on the team. C, are you a student or a player on the team????

Posted by c:

as far as i can see centennial is for real. they already have the best record in school history and the season is only half over. they have an excellent defense with some hard nosed player. their offense has been producing very well on the ground. the passing attack is struggling, but the running game is amazing. they either go three and out or two and score everytime they touch the ball. they run a very hard to read offense in the wishbone that if run properly can be very exciting to watch. tracy beech is a senior running back for the cougars who just last night against father ryan had about 250 yards running with 4 touchdowns. centennial has franklin this week in the battle of franklin it is always a great game. franklin won last year when they returned a kick off after a safety that got the cougars down and they never seem to get back up. this years team does not get down. they fight the whole game, which is evident from the chs bhs game. it will be a great one to watch, and it will answer the question, it centennial for real? thank you

[Edited by c on 9-29-02 12:15A]

Last year Franklin vs. Centennial was the CSS game of the week and there were well over 3,000 fans there. This year I would bet that number will almost double. Get there at leat an hour early if you want a seat, and buckle up cause its going to be an exciting ride!!This truely will be THE BATTLE OF FRANKLIN!!!

I think Centennial is very much for real, but I'm excited becuase this week we find out just how real they are. Franklin is playing a notch above the competition and it will be interesting to see if the Cougars can match it. But you have got to love the matchup. Franklin QB Josh Reffugee against the fierce Centennial pass rush lead by Josh Booker. The oportunistc Cougar secondary matching up with Kevyn Murray and Ryan Nicols. All the while MLB Phillip Bates patroling the middle of the field for the Cougars and trying to contain Marcus Otey. The Rebel dline will have to step up and match the physical Cougar front and big Mike Smithson. Cougar QB's will have to make some plays in the passing game to keep the Rebs from ganging up on the run. And perhaps the key to the game will be Sr Tracy Beech and just how many yards and big runs he can @@@@ up this week. He's having a great year and steps up for big games. This will be a great one.

father ryan did not intercept any passes. centennial's drew petterson had two ints from the free safety possition. as for the passing qb sitting on the bench he isn't. both qbs get time. if one is not doing good then the other goes in. they both have there days. al veach has not been throwing too well lately, but he can run the option very well. if he has to pass, which he will against franklin, he can do it if he does not force the pass (which he has a huge problem with). thank you

Father Ryan did have 2 interceptions. One was returned for a TD the other was insignificant, at the end of the half.

Regardless they better be able to throw the ball this week or Franklin will send everybody to stop the run. Franklin is doing an awesome job of keeping people off balance with their offense. The cougar defense will face a tough challenge,(easily their toughest yet) as will the Rebel offense. I do not think the Rebels have played a defense with as much quickness/speed as Centennial has.

Still have to favor the Rebels in this one.....