Knoxville Volleyball

K2ruth

Oak Ridge and Farragut are end of the road teams! I expected Oak Ridge to fall, Farragut has been a bit of a surprise.

I agree with the above posts, it is much harder coaching a competitive high school program. Coach Foster was simply not prepared this season. Neither was the Farragut coach. It is sad to see two of the top programs disappear so quickly. It shows what a difference a strong coach makes.

As far as Catholic, they have to be the best surprise of the season. They are playing as well as anyone. Maybe it is COACHING!

I think Catholic beats AC tonight. Catholic is playing big, and AC is young!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oak Ridge and Farragut are end of the road teams! I expected Oak Ridge to fall, Farragut has been a bit of a surprise.

I agree with the above posts, it is much harder coaching a competitive high school program. Coach Foster was simply not prepared this season. Neither was the Farragut coach. It is sad to see two of the top programs disappear so quickly. It shows what a difference a strong coach makes.

As far as Catholic, they have to be the best surprise of the season. They are playing as well as anyone. Maybe it is COACHING!

I think Catholic beats AC tonight. Catholic is playing big, and AC is young!

Tonight at Catholic, I went to see a great game but was totally surprised by AC, This is a different team than what I saw early in the year. AC destroyed the Irish, Catholic could not overcome the more atheltic AC team. AC had the setter out with sickness but it didnt slow down the Lady Mav offense. If someone knows anything about AC please tell me who number 1 is, I think she has started there 10 years! Great defensive player! AC will be reckoned with this year.

OK, before Orcat gets on here and slams me, Anderson County dominated Catholic last night. 25-10; 25-16; 25-9 and it wasn't that close. The setter and 1 of their senior hitters did not play because of injury and Catholic couldn't keep AC off of them.

Even though they start 4 sophs they are so big and athletic that Catholic couldn't exploit their youth.

My hats are off to AC. They were focused and aggressive the whole match. With their youth and the quality of their coaching they will only get better all season. Catholic and Bearden will dominate their district but it won't matter. Karns and Anderson County are 2 levels above every other team in the region.

Oak Ridge will not take a game off of either school. As previously reported AC had a rough opening week with the fatal car wreck and the injuries to 2 of their starters. A healthy AC with 6 weeks to improve before the tournament will give Karns all they want in October.

Orcat, you can enjoy the Regional Tournament WATCHING Karns, AC, Bearden and Catholic play for a title.

And thats the K2ruth

I like one of Oak Ridge's middles and their setter, but if they don't improve their passing, it won't really matter. They won't have a chance against Karns and AC and they'll probably lose to Halls who is well coached, passes well and makes you beat them. If Hardin Valley is coached to win, OR may lose to them as well. They could very well be looking at competing against Powell for being the best of the bottom of the pack in District 3.

I would be quite surprised if Catholic is able to make it to Regionals. I understand that their line-up makes the AC lineup look like grizzled seasoned veterans. There is more parity in District 4 than District 3 with at least five teams better than the 3rd best team in District 3, IMO. Just making it may be quite a coaching feat for Catholic.

I don't think Oak Ridge is very well coached, and could see them finishing dead last.

I agree that our district has more parity. Maryville is decent, and Farragut has some players, just little direction. Bearden has the most talent, Catholic is the best coached, and I think they will win.

Unfortunately, after what I saw last night, the argument is moot because absent an injury, Karns and Anderson County are too good.

Tonight at Catholic, I went to see a great game but was totally surprised by AC, This is a different team than what I saw early in the year. AC destroyed the Irish, Catholic could not overcome the more atheltic AC team. AC had the setter out with sickness but it didnt slow down the Lady Mav offense. If someone knows anything about AC please tell me who number 1 is, I think she has started there 10 years! Great defensive player! AC will be reckoned with this year.

So Much for K2ruth's predictions. :roflol:

Two years ago, the regional battle in region 2 was between Catholic and Anderson in AA. Realizing both were going to make a jump to AAA, it was only time the battle would be reborn. It is getting closer. It looks as if the only question is who are the other two schools. Karns, IMO right now, is one of the Schools.

Great article about volleyball in the Knoxville paper. Only complaint is Farragut's ranking. Karns should be 1 and AC, Bearden, Maryville and Catholic are the next best 4. Oak Ridge should NOT have been ranked.

Also, the Karns coach made an odd comment complimenting her Libero, when she has recruited her replacement for the end of the season.

If Catholic is a top 5 team, then Knoxville volleyball is in trouble! They were not impressive at all in the Choo Choo tournament this weekend. They didn't even make it to the gold tournament. Farragut looked much better than Catholic, but have dropped off since last year themselves. If either of these two teams is in the regional, it says alot about the state of Knoxville volleyball. South handled Catholic pretty convincingly. Don't drink the Kool-aid, Knoxville volleyball is not anywhere close to the level in middle TN. In the words of ORCat, that's just K2bad!

I agree but that is changing. With K2 supporting the schools, look for a complete transformation in 3 to 4 years.

For decades Knoxville volleyball has been defined by Anderson County. One reason they did so well was coaching, and the other was they (for the most part) kept their athletes away from Smokey Mountain Juniors. SM was an awful club. Bad habits were taught, and it killed competitiveness. Look what has happened at Oak Ridge in just 1 year with SM at the helm?

K2 will change all of that. The schools that use K2 will be in the mix for a state title.

Karns has the talent this year, but lacks the coaching. You can't have a high school coach that openly recruits.

Catholic is young, but has great coaching. They will make Regionals, so will Bearden, but neither should get past Karns or Anderson County this year?

With K2's support look at Catholic to be back in Murfresboro next year, and Karns will be another talented team that threw

away a great opportunity.

Farragut need to make a coaching change.

And thats the K2ruth :thumb:

...Don't drink the Kool-aid, Knoxville volleyball is not anywhere close to the level in middle TN...

From the article: "This area has grown tremendously. We're still trying to play catch-up to the Chattanooga and Nashville groups".

Thanks for the dig at us though. I guess as long as your area is better than the rest of the state you'll be content. Maybe they should just shut K2 down now rather than anybody try to help improve volleyball in the rest of the state. We don't want Tennessee as a whole to get a reputation as a good volleyball state do we?

;)

Edited by JamesVB