Memphis Westwood

megatron

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like your enthusiasm, but I would caution you about getting your hopes up too high... It's just because I know this from experience. Humboldt (the team you all played in the first round this past State Tourney) has been going to the State Tournament for 4 times out of the past 5 years. In 2005, we were in Class AA and were expected to make the final round. We didn't win... the next several seasons we returned A WHOLE LOT of players... We were expected to make a State Final appearance in 2006, 2007, and were DEFINITELY expected to win the State Tourney with a perfect winning streak in 2009 with a bunch of talent... did any of that happen? No. In the 2009-2010 season, we lost about 8 Seniors from the previous season, but yet we fought through the season and soon were expected to make a State Final appearance (yet again)!... Did that happen? No... you all beat us in the first round. Humboldt's a PERFECT example of a very good team that hasn't made it all the way yet. My point: anything can happen... just because you return all your players doesn't mean you all will win. Will they have more experience? Most definitely! I wish you all have a good season and I cheer on for my Humboldt Vikings :). Maybe we may meet up at State once again haha. But you can NEVER be too sure which team will win State.

Edited by igloo

well one thing is for sure Humboldt won't win state!!! lol!!

Westwood will get it done this year!

How that butt whooping feel from last march???

Lol... just more trash talk from a Memphis fan. Did you read any of what I said? I BET that you wouldn't be saying that if you all played us before last season. From 2005-2009, Humboldt would have beaten MEMPHIS WESTWOOD BY 20 PTS MINIMUM (in the '08-'09 season, we probably would've beaten you all by a margin around 30-40 pts)!!! Ya'll would have been no competition for us and you all would've seen that your once victory over us was a fluke because we played bad in a DOWN SEASON. Last season was a down year for us, but yet we still made it to State! If you're just going to base our team off of the game you all played against us last March, then you are HORRIBLY mistaken. In fact, I don't know if I should take your post seriously at all now. We'll see come Basketball season time :) We'll see. Like someone said above me... Comedy. It's just comedy. Post something else ridiculous so this laugh fest continues!

Edited by igloo

Are u sure?

Because HB sure couldn't beat Manassas in those past years!!! Lol!! Last time I checked Manassas was from Memphis also!

I seriously doubt Memphis Westwood would have "faired" better against Manassas than Humboldt did. In 2008, we were able to keep up with them until the 3rd quarter of the Substate game. In 2009, we played Manassas in the first round of State (Humboldt was #1 with a perfect record that season with 32 or 33 wins, Manassas was #2 with two losses)... if you were to ask anybody outside of Memphis on who was the better team, 90% of them would say Humboldt. But we played a mediocre game against them and lost at a BUZZER BEATER (63-60). We kept up with them the whole game... If you think Westwood could have done that, then hey... Go ahead and think that. But I doubt it. Both Manassas and Humboldt were better teams back then. You all were lucky to have played us in a down season.

I guess Manassas didn't have nothing to do with HB playing bad at state in 09!!! Lol!!!

Manassas won it all HB was not even 2nd best in the state that year temple was!!!

You can ask anybody throughout the WHOLE State of Tennessee who the best Class A basketball team that year ('09)... all of them would either say Manassas or Humboldt, with the majority saying Humboldt. NONE WOULD EVEN MENTION TEMPLE! Dude, both teams played some common teams that year and Humboldt performed better against the mutual competition! HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT MANASSAS WON IT ALL WHEN THEY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A PERFECT RECORD!?! HUMBOLDT'S RECORD WAS MUCH BETTER! Secondly, I'd like to point out a MAJOR flaw you just stated: Temple was the 2nd best team in the State that year?! HUMBOLDT LOST TO MANASSAS BY 3 POINTS ON A BUZZER BEATER WHILE TEMPLE LOST BY 26!!!

Clearly, you are no mathematician.

You know that Humboldt is a much, much better team than Westwood and you don't have an argument, so you just keep trying to make noise.

Edited by igloo

If Humboldt played Manassas schedule they wouldn't have been undefeated that year.

Maybe not, but I still stand by what I said... If you would have asked people that year who the best Class A team was, a majority of them would have said Humboldt. I'm not taking anything away from Manassas because they were also a very good team and a lot would have also named them as the best team, but what I said is true... if you look back two years ago, a lot of people on these message boards predicted Humboldt would win (ASSUMING the people were from all across the State, which I know some were and some weren't).

Edited by igloo