Memphis Westwood

megatron

Maybe not, but I still stand by what I said... If you would have asked people that year who the best Class A team was, a majority of them would have said Humboldt. I'm not taking anything away from Manassas because they were also a very good team and a lot would have also named them as the best team, but what I said is true... if you look back two years ago, a lot of people on these message boards predicted Humboldt would win (ASSUMING the people were from all across the State, which I know some were and some weren't).

People could say HB was Better all they won't to but Manassas WON the state!!!

HB didn't even win a silver ball!!! Temple did

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manassas was the better team as they beat Humboldt head to head in the first round that year...

Humboldt was by far the second (very close to)best team in the state that year...

Getting the silver ball really doesn't mean your the second best team unless you have a round robin tournament...

This is an unbias opinion by someone who has nothing to do with any of these teams, but saw all three play that year...

• 5 weeks later...

Westwood is returning the entire team from a state run last year. this will be the year they take it all!!!

I still believe that westwood will have to get past city university before the dust clears after all it was city u that beat westwood at westwood then beat them for the district championship although westwood beat them at home and defeated them for the regional championship which I feel they just were rideing a high after convinceingly beating the team which defeated humbolt early in the yr and that would be the middleton tigers who at that time 2nd round of the regions middleton was ranked #1 in the state in single A and city beat them by 13. Then City went to humbolt loosing to humbolt by 8 due to their starting pg being suspended who was the 2nd leading scorer and rebounder.So what ever conversation goes around about westwood be sure to include City University.

well one thing is for sure Humboldt won't win state!!! lol!!

Westwood will get it done this year!

How that butt whooping feel from last march???

I dont think anyone can be sure who will claim that state title first of all it is not that easy to predict. 2nd there are a few good teams that will be better than they were last yr and could present a few problems for many teams although the goal is the same every year there are no guarntees that any good better or great team holds the ball when its all said and done.Thats why they play the game

I still believe that westwood will have to get past city university before the dust clears after all it was city u that beat westwood at westwood then beat them for the district championship although westwood beat them at home and defeated them for the regional championship which I feel they just were rideing a high after convinceingly beating the team which defeated humbolt early in the yr and that would be the middleton tigers who at that time 2nd round of the regions middleton was ranked #1 in the state in single A and city beat them by 13. Then City went to humbolt loosing to humbolt by 8 due to their starting pg being suspended who was the 2nd leading scorer and rebounder.So what ever conversation goes around about westwood be sure to include City University.

City lost it's best player Tevin Cox! He is with an already loaded Westwood team now!!!!

Edited by megatron

I dont think anyone can be sure who will claim that state title first of all it is not that easy to predict. 2nd there are a few good teams that will be better than they were last yr and could present a few problems for many teams although the goal is the same every year there are no guarntees that any good better or great team holds the ball when its all said and done.Thats why they play the game

Yea they play the game but with Tevin Cox, David Pledge, Montrez Gary, Jarvis Sullivan, and Zack Smith Westwood will win STATE IN 1A!!!! i most add westwood has another 4 players coming off the bench that can play also!

Yea they play the game but with Tevin Cox, David Pledge, Montrez Gary, Jarvis Sullivan, and Zack Smith Westwood will win STATE IN 1A!!!! i most add westwood has another 4 players coming off the bench that can play also!

Tevin was one of if not the best player on that team but if anyone watched the games played which they split out of four they would have easily saw who what and how they were able to defeat westwood although a great athlete in cox he will prove to be a great henderous and a liability on defense due to his fatigue issue and lack of discipline on the defensive end.Not to mention the chemistry issues they will encounter trying to put the ball into a new players hand allowing him to lead a team who already has a core that is familiar with each ohter this to will prove to be a fatal flaw in westwoods state run. In saying all of that they will still go very far. But mark my words City University will be in stride with them step for step eventually surpassing the longhorns as 1A Champs.

Tevin was one of if not the best player on that team but if anyone watched the games played which they split out of four they would have easily saw who what and how they were able to defeat westwood although a great athlete in cox he will prove to be a great henderous and a liability on defense due to his fatigue issue and lack of discipline on the defensive end.Not to mention the chemistry issues they will encounter trying to put the ball into a new players hand allowing him to lead a team who already has a core that is familiar with each ohter this to will prove to be a fatal flaw in westwoods state run. In saying all of that they will still go very far. But mark my words City University will be in stride with them step for step eventually surpassing the longhorns as 1A Champs.

Ok, well tell me a little about city's team for this season?

Ok, well tell me a little about city's team for this season?

For one they are also returning 11 players off of that team several of those players not only played but started at least 3 or more games.The jrs were a bulk of the teams talent and scoring they have added a few surprises this yr there guard play is always excellent and the pressing style they play is one of if not the best in the 1A league they have finally in my opinion added the main ingredients that have been missing and that is more consistant long range shooting and this along with 3 new players to help in the post they will be more than a load to go against.I do agree westwood by going to the state and returning the players they are returning does warrant them the conversation of number one but if you come see the games for yorself the score will not reflect the dominance city will display against a very talented westwood team. But on another note i dont think westwood will beat Douglass twice this yr which means the division will be tougher on everyone this yr making for a interesting district play. Edited by seniors

For one they are also returning 11 players off of that team several of those players not only played but started at least 3 or more games.The jrs were a bulk of the teams talent and scoring they have added a few surprises this yr there guard play is always excellent and the pressing style they play is one of if not the best in the 1A league they have finally in my opinion added the main ingredients that have been missing and that is more consistant long range shooting and this along with 3 new players to help in the post they will be more than a load to go against.I do agree westwood by going to the state and returning the players they are returning does warrant them the conversation of number one but if you come see the games for yorself the score will not reflect the dominance city will display against a very talented westwood team. But on another note i dont think westwood will beat Douglass twice this yr which means the division will be tougher on everyone this yr making for a interesting district play.

'

Hold up 1 minute!!! DOUGLAS? lmao!!!

wESTWOOD WILL KILL THEM i SAW THEM PLAY THIS SUMMER AND THEY WILL BE VERY BAD!

• 4 months later...