Cowbell Game (Giles vs. Lawerence)

gcbobcat

I don't see how you could have a much better high school atmosphere than what was witnessed at LC last night. Congrats to the GC fans for their awesome support of their team and to the team and their coaches for a hard fought and classy display. It was huge for LC to get the ball into the endzone at the end of the first half to cut into a 10-0 GC lead and then for the LC defense to get a three and out on the GC offense on the opening drive of the 2nd half. Also, huge mistake for GC to go for it on 4th and 2 from their own 28 trailing 21-10 in the third quarter. LC then drove it in to go ahead 28-10 and that was the death knell. Big home region game against Lincoln Co. up next for the Cats this week. Hopefully there will be as much excitement as there was last night.

Wiseoldman you were right again! The "T" didn't do 39 they did 42. Not sure who Coach B is but he did get it hung on him tonight! The pigeons have come home to roost!

The "T" hung 21. The "D" hung 21. The kicker is a weapon. Lawrenceburg will not suffer the "L" again. #9's a stud with a great supporting cast. Pigeons are still evolutionarily dysfunctional nomads without a cause. Some things change. Some things never will :thumb:

I don't see how you could have a much better high school atmosphere than what was witnessed at LC last night. Congrats to the GC fans for their awesome support of their team and to the team and their coaches for a hard fought and classy display. It was huge for LC to get the ball into the endzone at the end of the first half to cut into a 10-0 GC lead and then for the LC defense to get a three and out on the GC offense on the opening drive of the 2nd half. Also, huge mistake for GC to go for it on 4th and 2 from their own 28 trailing 21-10 in the third quarter. LC then drove it in to go ahead 28-10 and that was the death knell. Big home region game against Lincoln Co. up next for the Cats this week. Hopefully there will be as much excitement as there was last night.

Great analysis. GC had to make something happen and couldn't. LC had their number on defense. Giles D played well but defending in your own territory all night + allowing the LC staff so many opportunities to exploit different points of attack took its toll. GC had to keep the starting point for LC at the 20 to 30. Not their own 30 to 40.

It was a great atmosphere and the game turned out to be one of the "cleanest" cowbell games in memory. I do think the GC staff will use this game to bury Spring Hill next week. The Cats had a lot of unanswered questions and L'burg slapped the answers on their foreheads last night. 8-)

The "T" hung 21. The "D" hung 21. The kicker is a weapon. Lawrenceburg will not suffer the "L" again. #9's a stud with a great supporting cast. Pigeons are still evolutionarily dysfunctional nomads without a cause. Some things change. Some things never will :thumb:

You are right old man. I shouldn't have given the "T" all the scoring credit! #9 is indeed a stud, been a long time since LCHS has had the best athlete on the field. The "L" statement is a bold one even for the LCHS fans. We have a tough schedule and if we do make the playoffs they will toss us in the west. Your team showed a lot of class tonight in defeat! Kudos for know all to well how to win(a bunch) and lose with class. Don't think LCHS didn't notice all the young talent and we all know over here that it is going to be hard to keep the bell for an extended time as yall have. Losts of hard work is ahead if LCHS wants to keep it for more than one year!

Well it seems the "Hungarian population" made a bold statement last night! :roflolk:

And the Carson comment amused me about as much as the scoreboard must have done you last night! The talking was apparently done "on the field" and not on this board. But look on the bright side rock, it wasn't my last post! Great Job by the Wildcats!

Other big winners in the district were Columbia, Shelbyville and Tullahoma!

Congrats to a LC team that stayed focused. That late TD before half was huge for you. Then the early turnovers in the second half became huge. Our O is not built to come from behind. If the interception that was returned for a td in the 1st half hadn't been reversed the wheels to the Bobcat offense may have fallen off earlier. Looking at the game as a whole, GC had some really nice plays surrounded by a whole bunch of bad ones. Its interesting because last years jv offense looked like new money and so far this years O looks like a bill you've been shooting craps with. You hope its got some luck left in it.

Believe it or not LC, other than this week most of us look to your scores through the season and hope you come out on top. Best of luck for the rest of the season to all you Hungarians!

Good game great atmosphere, hate to see the cats get it handed to them like they did, congrats to L'burg got a good team size and speed should do well this year, The Bobcats will do fine some growing pains, BUT expected I am proud of the way they played hard till the end , and the field looked good!

Giles showed their youth last night. They made mistakes that one would expect a young team to make. They have to take this game as a learning experience. This team is not used to losing, especially this years team. It may help fuel the fire to experience a loss. Hopefully OC will get the team turned around this week.

As for Lawrence, you have an amazing team. I was surprised at all of the athletic talent. This team has a chance to make it deep into the playoffs, they'll just have to get by Columbia in the rematch. The wildcats kicker looked outstanding, I noticed he was pretty upset after missing the 52 yarder, but that is nothing to be ashamed of. NFL kickers miss kicks from that distance regularly and he was pretty close to hitting it.