Alcoa vs Maryville

a-town1408

Well its Alcoa vs Maryville week finally. I can't wait until thursday to see if Alcoa can repeat for once. I believe that we have a great shot this year to beat them again. Alcoa has great coaching, great strength, great atheletes, great experience, and great disclipline. With all these components put together they make a tough opponent for anyone in any classification. I believe that Maryville will not have the toughness to match Alcoa for the second straight year. I think that Maryville is still too inexperienced and not having a proven qb hurts there chances as well. Both coaches are great and I wouldn't hesitate to say that they are the best 2 in the state. So it will come down to the players and who wants it more. I think that Alcoa will win by 2 tds and if there passing game is firing on all cylinders than I believe 3 or more. But we will see. Thats why they play the game right. I would like to get some other opinions about the big game so feel free to chime in.

Alcoa wins in a very close game. Maryville will be improved. Hard for Alcoa to be much better than they were last year, so I think the Rebels will close the gap. One victory by Alcoa in the last 7 or 8 years should not and will not make Maryville players intimidated by the big windy machine. But the victory last year by the Tornadoes should bolster their confidence a bit and they should not be as uptight.

Both coaching staffs are outstanding, both are elite programs, the support is strong, and there are good athletes all over the field on both sides. Obvious ingredients for an outstanding football game. Ultimately I just believe Alcoa has more positives than Maryville does and that will win out over the 4 qrts. I'll be pulling for Alcoa, but in a game like this, one play, one penalty, one turnover, can mean the difference in victory or defeat. Good luck to both teams for an injury free contest :thumb:

How much does not having the kid that was ejected last week affect Alcoa going into a tough game at Maryville?

I think it will have a big effect on things. You double up on Warren and McGlothlin (sorry if I misspell his name) would terrorize the Maryville backfield. Now you're gonna have someone with less experience then Tyler at one end and probably a lot more double teaming of Warren (who wore Maryville out last year). Should be interesting to see who steps up for Alcoa at the End position.

I think it will have a big effect on things. You double up on Warren and McGlothlin (sorry if I misspell his name) would terrorize the Maryville backfield. Now you're gonna have someone with less experience then Tyler at one end and probably a lot more double teaming of Warren (who wore Maryville out last year). Should be interesting to see who steps up for Alcoa at the End position.

Tyler is actually a DT. Jonavan Henry is at the other end and had a hack of a game on Friday. 99 will be backed up by Evans and Revels. Evans forced and recovered a fumble against Middlesboro. Both got a lot of snaps on defense. I just hate that a senior did not have the mental toughness to walk away. He will wind up missing more than one game.

Edited by AlcoasPaintedBridge