Retired Numbers/Jerseys at Alcoa

Tornado74

Was wondering if anyone could give me some help on this. Ive been racking my brain for 2-3 days. Im almost positive that Todd Upton and Albert Davis numbers are retired. Im just not sure what they were. I was thinking Upton was #70 and Davis was either #22 or #32. Its been ages since I was in the school or seen the old trophy/display cabinets that were in the hall (which have been removed I believe). Can anyone shed light on this or other numbers? I know currently Cobb's #7 is in semi retirement until next year.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Stars and APB. I knew about Upton and Davis UT #s but wasnt sure about their HS ones. I completely forgot about Parker. I was for sure that Davis was 32 in HS but also knew I had seen 22 retired somewhere. I know 7 comes back into play next year as they're doing 2 year retirements from what Ive heard.

Roomer haz hit APB haz hiz number retarred at AllinWick.... :shock:

It is true. On the last day of school in May 1982, I went into the equipment room in the "Covair Field House" and walked out of there with the 33 over my shoulder on the last day the school was open. 33 is now also forever inscribed on every bottle of Rolling Rock Beer.

It is true. On the last day of school in May 1982, I went into the equipment room in the "Covair Field House" and walked out of there with the 33 over my shoulder on the last day the school was open. 33 is now also forever inscribed on every bottle of Rolling Rock Beer.

Sounds like a good plot line for a movie to me...I am thinking along the line of the Blind Side...or maybe a commercial like the classic with Mean Joe Green, a Coke, his jersey and the kid.

Tommy Yates also has his number retired at Alcoa. I'm not for sure, but I believe he was number 52. This was before you had to wear a certain number because of your position. He was an All-Southern running back at AHS in Bill Bailey's early years as HC at Alcoa. There are many other great players in AHS history. Boomer Boring and several players that went to Georgia Tech and played. H. H. Lingenfelter and his brother Ronnie can help with that information. Bobby Phipps would also be helpful. When I went to AHS in 1969, Tommy and Albert, SR were the only players to have their number retired.

Edited by clintabbott

Tommy Yates also has his number retired at Alcoa. I'm not for sure, but I believe he was number 52. This was before you had to wear a certain number because of your position. He was an All-Southern running back at AHS in Bill Bailey's early years as HC at Alcoa. There are many other great players in AHS history. Boomer Boring and several players that went to Georgia Tech and played. H. H. Lingenfelter and his brother Ronnie can help with that information. Bobby Phipps would also be helpful. When I went to AHS in 1969, Tommy and Albert, SR were the only players to have their number retired.

53 instead of 52. 52 has been used by many and is currently being used. 53 is retired.

APB....Eye beeleeve ewe should chainge that and start AllinWick Red Stripe....Wif all tha caindy cains and all...."Corvair Field House" iz classick!!!!!....Eye still thank Nancy Martin and Judy Haun could post up Charlie and Don Hamil in a little gaim ov 2 on 2.....What say ye??...... :popcorneater:

Thanks Mr. Abbott, I didnt know about Yates having his number retired.

For the record my jersey is unofficially officially retired as I took all mine with me when I graduated :)