Dresden High School Lady Lions

vols25

Maybe put down was the wrong wording to use. I've read the post about winning the District 3 times now to make sure I wasn't see things wrong. Nowhere did they say that Dresden would win the Region, said it was a toss-up.

My question is I guess why bring everything up about the other District when nothing about this post said anything about any of those teams.

I was trying to look to see if I could answer your question about if Dresden beat Lake Co., Bradford, or Greenfield. They didn't play Lake Co or Bradford (snow cancelled both games), and Greenfield beat them 2 times I believe, once in a close game and once in a blowout.

Dresden has to improve alot to win the region or compete to but they have everyone but 1 player back from last years team that had Humboldt on the ropes in the Region and Gleason in the District Championship game.

Vol25 did say maybe a region title.That's what I was answering.

Anyone have any thoughts on how the DHS Lady Lions will do this year? They only lost one player from last year's squad and seem to be on the right track to bring home a district and maybe even a regional title this year. Any thoughts?

The post above says maybe even a region title..No they didn't say Dresden was going to win the region title.It said maybe .!

And even Gibson Co Pioneer answered that maybe a district title but wasn't sure about a region title..And in my answer to the maybe that thet were talking about..I didn't say Lake Co would win the region.I said there were a few teams that would have a say in that..Is that not true?It could be Union City even.It could be Bradford.I never said Lake Co..I never said Dresden wouldn't win it.Just that there are some teams in our district that would have a say.Dresden lion 69 said he/she thought the region would be a toss up..Again..in answer to that comment,,It may be..Vol 25 said they thought Dresden could go far in the region.And they may.They may win the whole thing.I didn't say they wouldn't or aren't capable.Good luck to Dresden.I've heard good things last year and expect them to be very good this year.!Wasn't trying to down them..Dresden may win that district but still , Gleason seems to always be there at the end most years.They'll probably have a say for the district title even.!

Edited by mrbigster

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe put down was the wrong wording to use. I've read the post about winning the District 3 times now to make sure I wasn't see things wrong. Nowhere did they say that Dresden would win the Region, said it was a toss-up.

My question is I guess why bring everything up about the other District when nothing about this post said anything about any of those teams.

I was trying to look to see if I could answer your question about if Dresden beat Lake Co., Bradford, or Greenfield. They didn't play Lake Co or Bradford (snow cancelled both games), and Greenfield beat them 2 times I believe, once in a close game and once in a blowout.

Dresden has to improve alot to win the region or compete to but they have everyone but 1 player back from last years team that had Humboldt on the ropes in the Region and Gleason in the District Championship game.

No big deal.I heard a lot of good things about Dresden last year.And I also know that a team can get beat no matter how good they think they are.Humboldt did beat Lake Co last year when it counted but Lake Ci didn't play as well as previous nights and Hubbard got hot.Even at that,Lake Co took a 1 point lead and missed 2 free throws that would have sealed it..But do I think Humboldt was the better team? But on that 1 night they were.Lake Co had beaten them twice during the year by about 20 points each time.!

Edited by mrbigster

Anyone have any thoughts on how the DHS Lady Lions will do this year? They only lost one player from last year's squad and seem to be on the right track to bring home a district and maybe even a regional title this year. Any thoughts?

Dresden does not have a chance in the region. they are in a very weak district, so that does give them a chance there. Gleason should be no problem for anyone.

• 4 weeks later...

Dresden does not have a chance in the region. they are in a very weak district, so that does give them a chance there. Gleason should be no problem for anyone.

Any team has a chance on any given night, can't wait for BBall to start. And you should know to never count Gleason out, you may just be surprised at what our girls can do. Good luck to all the teams this year. :flower:

Any team has a chance on any given night, can't wait for BBall to start. And you should know to never count Gleason out, you may just be surprised at what our girls can do. Good luck to all the teams this year. :flower:

I'll agree with you about Gleason..And in my previous posts,wasn't stating that Dresden wasn't good enough to win the district and region.Just the region especially has sonme very good teams.I heard good things last year about Dresden and many think they'll be the team to beat in their district..But like you sad..don't count the LADYDAWGS out

Edited by mrbigster

• 2 weeks later...

I SAW DRESDEN PLAY SOME IN THE SUMMER. YOU GUYS HAVE A REAL GOOD TEAM. YOU SHOULD WIN THE DISTRICT. GLEASON IS DOWN A LITTLE THIS YEAR (BUT NEVER COUNT THEM OUT). AS FOR REGION IT WILL BE A UP HILL CLIMB FOR ANY TEAM TO BEAT LAKE CO. THE HAVE A LOT OF SOLID PLAYERS. THAT BEING SAID ANY TEAM CAN LOSE ON ANY NIGHT. THAT IS WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME.

• 2 weeks later...

After today, I would say Gleason and Dresden have an equal shot of coming out on top in District 13A. In fact, they are both very similar teams, and one would suspect that they will have some good battles this year. That being said, I don't know that either can make it out of the Region 7A Tournament this year. 14A looked considerably stronger than 13A today, and at most, I would think that 13A gets only one first round Region 7A Tournament win (and that depends heavily on the matchup). Regardless, should be a great battle for the District 13A Title between Dresden and Gleason this season.

Gleason and Dresden SHOULD be the two teams out of District 13A, but when it comes to tourney time anything can happen. District 14A definitely has the talent to compete with anybody, but it depends on how prepared the teams are at tourney time and how disciplined they are. It appeared to me in the region tourney last year that the District 14A teams started out with a good gameplan, but became undisciplined as the game wore on and their frustrations rose.

Back to 13A, Dresden is highly favored. Gleason has a chance but it depends on who will step up this year with their post play last year mainly being seniors and their best shooter was a senior. Good luck to all teams. Have a healthy season!

Edited by OKCthunder11

• 4 weeks later...