Licoln County Oakland

BigBoroFan

Thanks for the kind words, there. Don't remember anyone from L.C. on here trashing Blackman when they were "Horrible",not very long ago. Hard to compete with 2000 student schools when we only have 1100 to pick from, that, is what has changed from the past, the enrollment used to be a lot closer than it is now. As far as the glory days comment goes, At least we have had some "Glory days" to remember. By the way it is spelled Lincoln , not licoln,and County not Conty,and also Oakland, not Oaklnad.

If Lincoln County only has 1100 students, then they need to drop down in classification. Its hard to go thru bad times when your used to winning but it happens to every team and unfortunately for you guys its your turn. But hey, it will feel really, really good when you come back. But who knows when that will be. I know your coach is a great coach but its probably time for him to go as probably no one really believes in him anymore. It happened to Red Roberts at Franklin County several years ago and it happens to all coaches eventually if they hang around long enough (Bobby Bowden, Phil Fulmer). It just happens, no ones fault. Its just the way it is.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'll be the first to admit that we didn't play to our abilities, but LC is far from horrible. If we have another 3-7 record ( God forbid ) LC will still be far from horrible. Lets all remember these are just young men playing a game that they love. I still believe that the coaching staff will get these young men better prepared for this week game.

Lincoln's 2008 enrollment the TSSAA used to set their class was an even 1500.

I don't know who gathers the numbers but I think they count the freshmen as well. Don't know why, they don't even go to the high school. Any way, looks like it's going to be another long year for us and I just don't know what the answer is. The coaches have proven themselves over the years and the players, at least the juniors and seniors, if memory serves, were good at NGA with only a loss or two between them over 2 seasons. I may not know the answer but I'll back them as long as I have breath in my body. Go FALCONS.

I don't know who gathers the numbers but I think they count the freshmen as well. Don't know why, they don't even go to the high school. Any way, looks like it's going to be another long year for us and I just don't know what the answer is. The coaches have proven themselves over the years and the players, at least the juniors and seniors, if memory serves, were good at NGA with only a loss or two between them over 2 seasons. I may not know the answer but I'll back them as long as I have breath in my body. Go FALCONS.

:thumb: Falcons needs more fans like you. Yes, they will have great teams in the future.

:thumb: Falcons needs more fans like you. Yes, they will have great teams in the future.

I have been critical of coach Thompson and there is a lot of things I have seen the 3 years my daughter was in school there I did not like and I did send him an e-mail about those things. Year after year I am in the stands making more noise than anyone else and I will continue to be so for as long as I can. I am not a fan that you only see when your team is winning, I am a fan that is there no matter how good your team is. Last year I did not get to as many games because I was trying my hand at officiating but this year look for me at the home games. The economy keeps me from traveling to most of the road games but if you are ever at one of our home games look for me on the home side, south end, 10 yard line about 5 rows up. I'll be the loud mouth. Come on Falcons lets get a win.

I have been critical of coach Thompson and there is a lot of things I have seen the 3 years my daughter was in school there I did not like and I did send him an e-mail about those things. Year after year I am in the stands making more noise than anyone else and I will continue to be so for as long as I can. I am not a fan that you only see when your team is winning, I am a fan that is there no matter how good your team is. Last year I did not get to as many games because I was trying my hand at officiating but this year look for me at the home games. The economy keeps me from traveling to most of the road games but if you are ever at one of our home games look for me on the home side, south end, 10 yard line about 5 rows up. I'll be the loud mouth. Come on Falcons lets get a win.

:thumb:

Who is calling the defense for LC this year?

Secondly has Coach T officially told anyone this is his final year?

Coach Alvin Palmer is the Def. Cord. this year and has the boys fired up. They didn't tackle against Blackman, but I believe #4 (Mathers) had something to do about that. The guys will just keep getting better.

On your second question I haven't heard officially. Lots of rumors, but only Coach T knows that answer.

Yes they do count the 9th graders at NGA and city in our enrollment. Thats the way it reads is 9th thru 12th. It really isn't fair but thats how it it set up.

The juniors and seniors from NGA both went undefeated. The junior class actually went to the championship game but lost to Tullahoma.

I have been a long supporter of Falcon football also and will continue to be. Win or lose.

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!

Edited by naildriver247