Happy Valley (1-0) vs Elizabethton (1-1)

EHSTrack06

So EHS win 13-10 but once again the scoreboard does not tell the whole story. EHS didn't deserve to win this game and in my opinion we played worse than HV did tonight. HV came out motivated and it showed each play. EHS looked sloppy out there until the last 80yrd drive that won the game with 24 seconds to go.

This game should not have been close but yet it was. EHS had 15 penalties for 115 yrds. 3 of those were personal fouls. I dunno much about #55 but he had 2 PF called on him tonight I believe and 1 I think against SH last week. That guy needs to adjust his attitude.

EHS had 3 Int I believe and HV had 8 fumbles.

The running game from HV and EHS was pretty even tonight. Once again, passing was a problem as we had a few excellent passes dropped or bobbled. #15 went 8-20 passing I think. Our RB stood out again and had almost 100 yrds rushing with a TD so it was good.

Hardin is no longer perfect. She missed a long FG(for her it was long) It was blocked. And she went 1-2 in EP.

Next week EHS had better fix everything!!! Otherwise it will be a slaughter :(

[/quote I agree.I think the word SLOPPY about sums it up.

The cyclones have some serious issue to address next week in practice. First and foremost the passing game. After watching them for the past 3 friday nights this has to be fixed if betsy wants to be a contender. Yes Berry is struggling at times, but it is not all his fault. He threw several good balls that were very catchable that his receivers just dropped. We had several opportunities to make big plays but the Wr's let the ball slip through their hands. Yes I will say that Berry has thrown his share of bad balls. A couple for sure that he should not have tried to thread it in. The part that kills me the worst is the penalties. There is no excuse in racking up that many yards due to lack of discipline. I know from experience from playing that you sometimes get frustrated but you have to think about the consequences before you engage in extra curricular activity after the whistle is blown. But all in all betsy's run game looked solid. the backs are finding the holes and hitting them. I believe if berry can get some more experience and settle down that he can get the job done. He showed great composure marching his team down the field to pay dirt. He threw a good ball to ray that put them in scoring position. But what was witten thinking to try an on side kick there? that was very dangerous in my opinion. If happy valley gets it there you give them a short field to work with. What does everyone else think of that decision? i think that is a risk that you just dont take in that situation. Our d had held them pretty much all game. HV had not proven that they could throw on us. Why not let your defense win you the ball game? The game is not exactly what was expected from the cyclones but we still found a way to pull out a W. At the end of the day thats all that matters. My hat goes off to the warrior players and coaches. You all came out fired up and ready to play unlike us. Thats just my 2 cents worth :popcorneater:

yeah, I remember last year they had a number of people talking crap but yet they haven't had anyone say anything this season. Even against Unaka

we don't do much talking last year we had some really bad leaders and that's not only what lost us games but why there was so much talking on here nothing has changed about our team except that we have some great leaders like logan baker nick campbell and coty cooper and that really helps in ball games

The cyclones have some serious issue to address next week in practice. First and foremost the passing game. After watching them for the past 3 friday nights this has to be fixed if betsy wants to be a contender. Yes Berry is struggling at times, but it is not all his fault. He threw several good balls that were very catchable that his receivers just dropped. We had several opportunities to make big plays but the Wr's let the ball slip through their hands. Yes I will say that Berry has thrown his share of bad balls. A couple for sure that he should not have tried to thread it in. The part that kills me the worst is the penalties. There is no excuse in racking up that many yards due to lack of discipline. I know from experience from playing that you sometimes get frustrated but you have to think about the consequences before you engage in extra curricular activity after the whistle is blown. But all in all betsy's run game looked solid. the backs are finding the holes and hitting them. I believe if berry can get some more experience and settle down that he can get the job done. He showed great composure marching his team down the field to pay dirt. He threw a good ball to ray that put them in scoring position. But what was witten thinking to try an on side kick there? that was very dangerous in my opinion. If happy valley gets it there you give them a short field to work with. What does everyone else think of that decision? i think that is a risk that you just dont take in that situation. Our d had held them pretty much all game. HV had not proven that they could throw on us. Why not let your defense win you the ball game? The game is not exactly what was expected from the cyclones but we still found a way to pull out a W. At the end of the day thats all that matters. My hat goes off to the warrior players and coaches. You all came out fired up and ready to play unlike us. Thats just my 2 cents worth :popcorneater:

Are you kidding, did you not see the start of the second half? HV took the ball back to the 3 yard line for HV'S only TD. I think that was that best call all night. 22 sec. HV had no timeouts. EHS has a strong secondary, and it worked.

They could have kicked it out of bounds and it would have been better. I think they were trying to squib kick but did not kick hard or far enough.

That was a onside kick all the way! It was a perfect call because no one expected it and as you know in football if you think about it the play is over before you react just like there front line did.We just better learn wether you are bigger,stronger and faster you still have to strap it on and play the game. this close game will help this group.

i agree

Nothing against Scotty, but as a former Warrior, I'm glad to see some new blood. I think Shiveley has the right attitude and he showed me a lot, suspending a couple of his best players in the season opener. I think discipline was one area lacking in Coach Verran's regime. Also, as far as asst coaching departures, the one's that are no longer there, didn't have any choice.

Nothing against Scotty, but as a former Warrior, I'm glad to see some new blood. I think Shiveley has the right attitude and he showed me a lot, suspending a couple of his best players in the season opener. I think discipline was one area lacking in Coach Verran's regime. Also, as far as asst coaching departures, the one's that are no longer there, didn't have any choice.

im not sure who you are and i dont care but you are wrong.the two best players that you are talking about only one of them even started last year.suspending them one game for breaking the the law is not discipline.as far as the asst coaches you are wrong again all were asked back even scotty was asked back as a asst.coach ....all declined if you are going to post about people get the facts right

im not sure who you are and i dont care but you are wrong.the two best players that you are talking about only one of them even started last year.suspending them one game for breaking the the law is not discipline.as far as the asst coaches you are wrong again all were asked back even scotty was asked back as a asst.coach ....all declined if you are going to post about people get the facts right

Facts are correct. i stand behind my statement. one game suspension was still more than they would have recieved a year ago. One thing you are correct about. Both weren't starters last year, but they are this year and I think that is what matters.

• 2 weeks later...

Facts are correct. i stand behind my statement. one game suspension was still more than they would have recieved a year ago. One thing you are correct about. Both weren't starters last year, but they are this year and I think that is what matters.

facts are wrong two hv starters were removed from the team last year for breaking the law just like these kids did one of them is back and starting i just hope all these kids get their life on the right track.coach green is a great coach and man, he is missed by some at hv and hated by others for being loyal to coach verran.i have talked to coach green he wants to come back one day i just hope he does he is a great role model for all the kids at hv like i said he is missed by some and so is coach hyder

Coach Greene was a plus for HV and is missed very much. As far as coach Hyder he is exactly were he wanted to be all along, We arent interested in him............And Verran is much better in the classroom than on the football field.............Coach Shively holds the boys accountable for their actions unlike Verran ever did. Coach Shively is doing a wonderful job with the team. HV is very happy with the new coach....

• Upvote 1

Coach Greene was a plus for HV and is missed very much. As far as coach Hyder he is exactly were he wanted to be all along, We arent interested in him............And Verran is much better in the classroom than on the football field.............Coach Shively holds the boys accountable for their actions unlike Verran ever did. Coach Shively is doing a wonderful job with the team. HV is very happy with the new coach....

at least we agree about coach greene maybe he can come back soon hv needs a man like him