GOODPASTURE AT MACON COUNTY

NEEDFORSPEED

bluetube,

I think it all depends on the program. When Satt was at TC, we couldn't talk, cut up, listen to music, or anything...it was all business. Staying focused on the task at hand. "Getting wound up" can hurt more than it helps. No need to shoot your wad before warm-ups. I agree that they need to learn to win, but listening to 'lil Wayne in the locker room probably isn't the answer. Sounds like you're looking for some "ra-ra" speeches....nothing wrong with that, but I would think Pemberton's pre-game approach is closer to the norm, rather than the exception. JMHO.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bluetube,

I think it all depends on the program. When Satt was at TC, we couldn't talk, cut up, listen to music, or anything...it was all business. Staying focused on the task at hand. "Getting wound up" can hurt more than it helps. No need to shoot your wad before warm-ups. I agree that they need to learn to win, but listening to 'lil Wayne in the locker room probably isn't the answer. Sounds like you're looking for some "ra-ra" speeches....nothing wrong with that, but I would think Pemberton's pre-game approach is closer to the norm, rather than the exception. JMHO.

I can't speak for other school's, but Coach Martin at Goodpasture takes a very straight forward approach. He makes sure the boys are rested physically and ready mentally. He seems to go over the mental side of the game, to make sure the boys do not beat themselves. He is not a ra-ra coach, but he definately knows how to get his message across. I think the bottom line is a coach can prepare a team to play, but the player has to be ready to go when his number is called.

I just saw the first 3A poll. I have to be honest that I have not seen alot of west and east tennessee football, but if there are 4 teams in 3A that are better than Goodpasture, I would be surprised! I understand Alcoa, they are probably the best team in the state reguardless of classification. I hope Goodpasture is ready for Macon County because they are going to get there best game at home! Good luck and good health to both teams.

:popcorneater: New paint? indeed you're correct. New paint was applied and appeared a flying smurf took a dump all over the stadium. On that note, Goodpasture will leave with snot bubbles and a loss. The Tigers will have their eyes set on a playoff spot if they come out and play with the ability they have!! If Macon keep playing half the game flat it will be another long season....Just saying...Maconrulz words of wisdom for the week. Good luck to the Tigers and looking forward to a good game without injuries. :hungry: Tigers are hungry :roflol: 1..2..3... Hit Somebody!!

The field is even nicer than before. drove by there. new paint, sod looked great. mc will put a complete game together soon.

i like goodpasture in this one but im pulling for mc. good luck to both teams