Lincoln County at Lawrence County

jabbo

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both teams had great moments and not so great moments - the Wildcats have a really good running game. The Falcons still need work on tackling and playing until the whistle blows - there were stretches of time where the defense played like wildmen - then there were times where they didn't - I don't get that. Several times I saw a defensive back slow down because he thought a teammate had the ball carrier - and then the ball carrier gets away and the back has to adjust to that. It's just nuts.

If the Falcons can fix the tackling problem and can learn to give every play everything they have until the whistle blows then they'll do well the rest of the season - the running game and passing game show lots of potential.

I have just not had a very good week with my picks! I thought Columbia would dominate Tullahoma first and we probably all know how that turned out and now I went out on a limb and said L'burg would run away with this game! A runaway was way off the mark to say the least! If one would just look at the rushing yards and not at the score I would say yes it was indeed a runaway but when you look at the score I would have to say L'burg is dang lucky to just get the win! I am not positive of the total yards each team had but I would say it had to be almost 2 to 1 in favor of the Wilcats! I am not sure about this team. They seem to be a little flat! It appears they have a lot of talent but a true get in your face leader has not stepped forward. I know there were lots of distractions this week for this team with the loss of many of the kids close friend but that is no excuse for not focusing and getting the job at hand done. Lincoln County is a fine football team and I thought they did everything in their power to win this game and it is such a shame it had to end with a missed extra point! Lincoln County needs to keep their heads up and focus on Riverdale and Lawrence County needs to get their heads out of something! This L'burg team needs to figure out they are good and and preform to their ability! Who knows, maybe try putting the QB in a shotgun might give him a little more time? And maybe Lincoln County could try and disguise their plays a little more? Make it look like a run and throw it; make it look like a throw and pass! Just a thought! Very intense game to watch and both teams played extremely hard!!

I have just not had a very good week with my picks! I thought Columbia would dominate Tullahoma first and we probably all know how that turned out and now I went out on a limb and said L'burg would run away with this game! A runaway was way off the mark to say the least! If one would just look at the rushing yards and not at the score I would say yes it was indeed a runaway but when you look at the score I would have to say L'burg is dang lucky to just get the win! I am not positive of the total yards each team had but I would say it had to be almost 2 to 1 in favor of the Wilcats! I am not sure about this team. They seem to be a little flat! It appears they have a lot of talent but a true get in your face leader has not stepped forward. I know there were lots of distractions this week for this team with the loss of many of the kids close friend but that is no excuse for not focusing and getting the job at hand done. Lincoln County is a fine football team and I thought they did everything in their power to win this game and it is such a shame it had to end with a missed extra point! Lincoln County needs to keep their heads up and focus on Riverdale and Lawrence County needs to get their heads out of something! This L'burg team needs to figure out they are good and and preform to their ability! Who knows, maybe try putting the QB in a shotgun might give him a little more time? And maybe Lincoln County could try and disguise their plays a little more? Make it look like a run and throw it; make it look like a throw and pass! Just a thought! Very intense game to watch and both teams played extremely hard!!

District8AAA

I am going to have to call you on that comment. Several of the Lawrence County players lost a very good friend and a family member to the tragedy that happened earlier in the week. While I agree sometimes distractions should be pushed through, This is one that is not easily pushed through. You need to remember that these are kids not grown men, and I am quite certain you are not aware of all the details of this weeks events and the situation some of these kids are in.

District8AAA

I am going to have to call you on that comment. Several of the Lawrence County players lost a very good friend and a family member to the tragedy that happened earlier in the week. While I agree sometimes distractions should be pushed through, This is one that is not easily pushed through. You need to remember that these are kids not grown men, and I am quite certain you are not aware of all the details of this weeks events and the situation some of these kids are in.

Catbacker33....call me if you want to but I was just calling it as I saw it! I am very aware of all the distractions that were going on but I still think this team needs more leadership! That has nothing to do with kids or grown men! I really don't see where you had anything to call me on but whatever. I plainly stated that I was aware of all the distractions. I think this LCHS team has all the tools to be a great team but they have to stop coming out and playing so flat and stop shooting themselves in the foot. There is tons of talent on this team and if they gel and find their identity they could go far in the playoffs. Lets see how they handle their in county rival this week and hopefully they score a touchdown in the first half. They must start games earlier! Good teams play 4 quarters!!

What was going on at the end of the game when the Lincoln Co. coaches got between both teams and appeared to be holding the Falcons back?Neither team shook hands after the game? Not judging just curious.

It was a precaution from what had happened earlier in the week. They wanted to clear the field as quick as possible. They would not let the players leave the field house after the game until most of the crowd had left the grounds.