Crockett Co(1-0) @ Obion Co.(1-1)

treefitty74

Ah, so you see it too. I talked about how in the Sikeston game the D-line over ran the play and what I feel the D-line needs to do. I say forget the penetration and concentrate on gap control. Passing offenses will not be the killer for the OC defense, but the run will be. Gap control does not give you tackles for a loss, but it can sure minimize those long breakaway runs. The paper had Miller with 24 stops (14 solo) for the Rebs. No way that should happen for a safety. The D-line still needs to step up and make more plays at the line and I just don't see that happening when they have their heads down driving for penetration. With that said, the defense did look much better this week. Glad to see that kind of improvement. The passing game never got in rythym, although Fair looked great in the run game. Appears to me Phipps has to pass often to get his timing and to excel at his game. And that could be a lack of maturity for the junior. The kid has great potential and I hope he has a great season.

Crockett didn't look like the #3 team in the state that night. They are still a good team, and they did what they had to for the win. Congrats to the Cavs. But they also have some "fixin" to do to make their presence known in the state this year. Good luck to CC from here on out.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw Tanner with 24 stops...I was like wait a minute Tanner's a flippin safety...That shouldn't ever happen...

I still think Trey was coming out of the huddle with one receiver on his mind...He didn't really go through his progression, to me it didn't look like it...He looked like he was trying to throw through closed windows instead of waiting another second or so to find his open receiver...The Rebs routes are pretty complex and CC's secondary couldn't cover them all...I think Trey helped them out alot...He wasn't getting any kind of pressure either because of LeDevin's threat of the run...It was just a weird game all the way around....He'll get better, he just has to be more patient....

Edited by Purple & Gold Standard