Crockett Co(1-0) @ Obion Co.(1-1)

treefitty74

I think the oc defense will be a little better this week. Sikeston was a really fast athletic team, in alot of positions. I really think sikeston is far better than any team in our district athleticaly. Should be an interesting game.

Crockett County should have a better offense than last season. The key to the Wing T/Double Wing is the FB. He hits inside quick as a change of pace from the HB's who run off tackle in slower-developing plays. When Jarvis Perry was at FB and the Johnson boys were WB's for Pratt about 5 years ago, they were one of the best teams in this area. In the past few seasons, the CC FB's have not been outstanding. Taylor is the best to come along, stronger than Perry but not as quick. The only team which I have seen physically beat Crockett in the past few years was Liberty in the playoffs last year, and Liberty nad speed, coaching, and depth.

Crockett--41; OCCHS-7

• Upvote 1

Crockett County should have a better offense than last season. The key to the Wing T/Double Wing is the FB. He hits inside quick as a change of pace from the HB's who run off tackle in slower-developing plays. When Jarvis Perry was at FB and the Johnson boys were WB's for Pratt about 5 years ago, they were one of the best teams in this area. In the past few seasons, the CC FB's have not been outstanding. Taylor is the best to come along, stronger than Perry but not as quick. The only team which I have seen physically beat Crockett in the past few years was Liberty in the playoffs last year, and Liberty nad speed, coaching, and depth.

Crockett--41; OCCHS-7

Guarantee the point difference won't even be close to that......

I really hope people underestimate Central this year....

From The Union City Messenger

CROCKETT CO. AT OBION CENTRAL — Don’t think for one second P.A. Pratt would’ve returned for one final season on the sideline if the Cavaliers weren’t projected to be pretty good. Those who correctly pointed out that CC didn’t complete a pass last week and didn’t attempt but two, probably should expect a rebuttal of ‘why would you?’ after two backs went over 100 yards and a third had 98 and three TDs. Defense is indeed a major concern at Central, where the Rebels offered little in the way of resistence vs. a good-but-not-great Sikeston club that essentially ran and passed at will. And while OC will be capable of winning a shootout with anyone with its own offense, some semblance of defense is a must to beat the upper-echelon teams. —CROCKETT CO.

Points are shown on the scoreboard, defense is played on the field.

The Rebels should score points and have shown they can, what they have NOT shown is stopping the other team yet....really can't count Fulton Co. game. The defense has to pick up and "if" C C scores several T D's, the Rebels will have to do something with the tough next 3 weeks facing them.

Good Luck

• Upvote 1

CROCKETT CO. AT OBION CENTRAL — Don’t think for one second P.A. Pratt would’ve returned for one final season on the sideline if the Cavaliers weren’t projected to be pretty good. Those who correctly pointed out that CC didn’t complete a pass last week and didn’t attempt but two, probably should expect a rebuttal of ‘why would you?’ after two backs went over 100 yards and a third had 98 and three TDs. Defense is indeed a major concern at Central, where the Rebels offered little in the way of resistence vs. a good-but-not-great Sikeston club that essentially ran and passed at will. And while OC will be capable of winning a shootout with anyone with its own offense, some semblance of defense is a must to beat the upper-echelon teams. —CROCKETT CO.

The Rebels should score points and have shown they can, what they have NOT shown is stopping the other team yet....really can't count Fulton Co. game. The defense has to pick up and "if" C C scores several T D's, the Rebels will have to do something with the tough next 3 weeks facing them.

Good Luck

I don't ever do this UCGRAD but this is pretty much what I said in my initial post...I really think anybody that has seen the Rebels' two games this year would agree with this assessment...I know I do...

"To be the best you gotta beat one of the best and Crockett County has been one of the best in this district...P.A. Pratt will have his team ready, no doubt...The Cavs didn't complete a pass against Bolivar and didn't need to...Two guys had over 100 yards rushing...That kind of offense keeps you off the field...I doubt that Bolivar had the level of offense that the Rebels have this season...OC will move the ball and will score...The question right now is can the defense get any stops ??...Against Sikeston they only had one...You can't win games that way...

Crockett County has been a real thorn in the Rebels' side the last few years...They have beat the Rebels down a few times...OC has a real opportunity here...They shouldn't be in any sort of awe of the Cavaliers, they saw a very good team in Sikeston...I doubt CC will have as many athletes as Sikeston and I know they won't throw the type of offense at OC that Sikeston did...It was a very spread out, multiple offense that kept the Rebs off guard every play all night long...The Rebs need to concentrate on the run and try to stop it..If the Cavs do pass then so be it but don't get beat by what they do best....

My heart wants to pick the Rebs but my head says that the Rebs have to prove something on defense first..Prove me wrong boys...

Cavs-38

Rebs-34 "

Crockett--41; OCCHS-7

I don't see CC holding OC to 7 points....I could see them (CC) scoring 41 though....

This is a completely different animal than what OC saw last week...The Rebs won't have to worry much about the pass...They will have to respect the possibility but I doubt they will have the threat on every play that Sikeston's offense posed...CC won't be spread out all over the field like Sikeston was....OC actually was in position to make plays on multiple occasions, they just didn't seal the deal...They will need to create a couple of turnovers and the Rebs D will have to make at least three stops...OC's offense will score..Heck, they've scored 21 points in each of the last two games against them...

Edited by Purple & Gold Standard

Just read the paper, That idiot hutch says sikeston was a good not great team. I thought they were a little better than just a good team! 500 teams are good teams sikeston was 13-1 last season, makes them a very good team to me!!

To be honest it is too early to crown Sikeston as a "great" team right now...They are good, no doubt...They were 13-1 last season but did lose 20 or more seniors off that team...They are not the same team...Now, if after Week 10 they are 9-1 or 10-0 then we could say they had a great regular season...They are as fast a team as I have seen in a long time...They were well coached...They didn't beat themselves but they didn't play much defense...I feel pretty confident had OC not turned the ball over those two times they would have scored..They only forced OC to punt once, after all...The word "great" gets used pretty liberally nowadays anyway...Alcoa is a great team...Would you put the Sikeston team that came to Troy last Friday night in Alcoa's league ??...Yeah, I wouldn't either...

Edited by Purple & Gold Standard

What kind of team did Bolivar have ??....

OC has a real good passing team...Good QB with multiple receivers...

not a passing team.. they passed more than us..wasnt to excited about pass defense..if there receivers could catch a lil better and qb did a lil better ..game might bn a lil closer..they dropped a few passes they shouldn have

sorry about spelling words crazy..i can spell.. shorting words has became a bad habbit lol!!

Edited by Ratherberacin

You know, I gotta feeling that OC might pull this game off IF they can get the CC RB's down on initial contact. I think OC is good enough to beat CC this year especially after seeing OC play with Sikeston.

I'm going:

Obion Co. - 21

Crockett Co. - 14

Dont think theyll get taylor down on intial contact.....maybe 1 out 4 trys lol.....hope its a safe game...gooo cavs..... gota say oc 21 cc 35

Good Luck

I don't put any stock into his column myself. Maybe it's just me, but I see bias in everything he writes. Now I would agree that Sikeston was not a GREAT team, but they were darn good and quite possibly as good as any OC will see this year. In my opinion, had Sikeston been a one dimensional team OC would have prevailed. Their ability to run and throw from the spread was tough with the new defensive scheme the Rebels are trying to work. It was unexpected I believe and they weren't prepared. As I stated in an earlier post, IF the Rebel corners can play man and allow OC to get 8 or 9 men in the box, they have a chance to win against Crockett. But the linebackers must be disciplined against the crossbuck. I've watched the Cavs run that 15 times in a game against OC and be effective each time. 1 or 2 stops may be all it takes to swipe a victory from the Cavs. Everyone knows they are going to run down your throat and dare you to stop them. I agree with P&G, I would load the box and force you to beat me with the pass. Not saying CC couldn't, but I would force the issue. I love watching Pratt's teams run the Wing-T. So much you can do from that set and the Double wing. Cavs fans, have a safe trip. GO REBELS!!!

And you're right P&G, Offense is played on the field as well. :thumb:

Edited by justaOCfan