Crockett Co(1-0) @ Obion Co.(1-1)

treefitty74

To be the best you gotta beat one of the best and Crockett County has been one of the best in this district...P.A. Pratt will have his team ready, no doubt...The Cavs didn't complete a pass against Bolivar and didn't need to...Two guys had over 100 yards rushing...That kind of offense keeps you off the field...I doubt that Bolivar had the level of offense that the Rebels have this season...OC will move the ball and will score...The question right now is can the defense get any stops ??...Against Sikeston they only had one...You can't win games that way...

Crockett County has been a real thorn in the Rebels' side the last few years...They have beat the Rebels down a few times...OC has a real opportunity here...They shouldn't be in any sort of awe of the Cavaliers, they saw a very good team in Sikeston...I doubt CC will have as many athletes as Sikeston and I know they won't throw the type of offense at OC that Sikeston did...It was a very spread out, multiple offense that kept the Rebs off guard every play all night long...The Rebs need to concentrate on the run and try to stop it..If the Cavs do pass then so be it but don't get beat by what they do best....

My heart wants to pick the Rebs but my head says that the Rebs have to prove something on defense first..Prove me wrong boys...

Cavs-38

Rebs-34

The Rebels defense will have to step up for sure. They really have not proven that their defense can help their offense by stoping the other team.

Several good running teams ahead with C C one and U C another. A team may pass the ball all night, but until your defense can slow down the other teams offense...things will be tough.

Sikeston racked up over 500 yrds offense against the Rebels which show for s VERY weak defense.

C C 42

Rebels 28

Cape Central broke a 13 game losing streak last night beating a team that had been held in pretty high regard by people in SEMO (New Madrid County Central) 41-6...The Tigers have been turning many heads over the summer..The Rebs play them before UC and they will have a chip on their shoulder after what happened in Troy last season...

Where ya at Cavs fans ??

Well one cav fan is here...me..i meant to start this topic but have been busy. I gotta say my cavs win with a very solid run offense....austin taylor is a handfull to stop and bring down! Only thing is our pass defense has to step up!! Run defense im not worried about...its stoppin the pass!! Gotta say cc 35 obion 24!

Well one cav fan is here...me..i meant to start this topic but have been busy. I gotta say my cavs win with a very solid run offense....austin taylor is a handfull to stop and bring down! Only thing is our pass defense has to step up!! Run defense im not worried about...its stoppin the pass!! Gotta say cc 35 obion 24!

What kind of team did Bolivar have ??....

OC has a real good passing team...Good QB with multiple receivers...

No doubt the Cavs have a very solid run game. CC always puts athletes on the field and offense is always strong. I think this may be somewhat of a shootout Friday night. The Rebels are lacking in run defense and absolutely have to make a defensive adjustment. One starting corner was out last week but will hopefully return tomorrow night which could allow playing man pass coverage and get more defenders in the box. I think the Rebel linebackers are pretty good, but the D-line has to fill some gaps. The OC offense is looking good so far. If the passing game continues on course, it may actually open up the run for some key plays. Sikeston, Mo had a good defense and team speed far above the norm. Hopefully the Rebels can get a few defensive stops and outshoot the Cavs. Looking forward to what I expect to be a closer game than in recent meetings. I say OC 41 CC 38

(Wallace Milam)

Only problem for Obion Central is that their offense is not going to be on the field much. CC will get it and keep it. If both safeties crowd the box, they may throw, but Coach Pratt knows how t shorten a game as well as anyone. Simplicity, execution, and no turnovers--that's the Crockett County formula, and it works.