CLINTON 1-1 @ KARNS 0-2

92Dragon

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to move on DB is probably the most talented team we will play, hopefully everyone stays focused so we can get back on track.

I agree. This team has alot of heart and i believe we will have a great week of practice and come ready to play friday night at Karns. Did you hear about the Pyke kid? He broke his ankle in two places. The Kenner kid should be ok.

I agree. This team has alot of heart and i believe we will have a great week of practice and come ready to play friday night at Karns. Did you hear about the Pyke kid? He broke his ankle in two places. The Kenner kid should be ok.

I hate to hear that the Pyke Kid broke his ankle. I hope both breaks heal wothout future complications. Was the Kenner Kid the one that went out on the stretcher? If so he is a real cool kid. When they was rolling him by our crowd, we clapped and he held up 2 fingers to let us know he was ok and the crowd errupted. Glad he is going to be ok. I think 6 or 7 guys went down on the clinton team, are the rest ok?

By the way, This was the longest football game in High school History. I enjoyed our trip but the refs are the worst in high school history as well.

I hate to hear that the Pyke Kid broke his ankle. I hope both breaks heal wothout future complications. Was the Kenner Kid the one that went out on the stretcher? If so he is a real cool kid. When they was rolling him by our crowd, we clapped and he held up 2 fingers to let us know he was ok and the crowd errupted. Glad he is going to be ok. I think 6 or 7 guys went down on the clinton team, are the rest ok?

By the way, This was the longest football game in High school History. I enjoyed our trip but the refs are the worst in high school history as well.

Kenner was the one that went out on the stretcher. He is going to be just fine. I believe that the Pyke kid was the worst injury of the night. Everyone else should be fine as well. We were not used to playing a team as physical as DB, but this game will only make us better.

I dont like to see the refs take over a game like that. I mean, if its obvious that a player does something illegal...throw the flag, but otherwise just let the kids play!

Edited by 92Dragon

Kenner was the one that went out on the stretcher. He is going to be just fine. I believe that the Pyke kid was the worst injury of the night. Everyone else should be fine as well. We were not used to playing a team as physical as DB, but this game will only make us better.

I dont like to see the refs take over a game like that. I mean, if its obvious that a player does something illegal...throw the flag, but otherwise just let the kids play!

Dragons,

Karns is a program that's been on the skids for many years. From reading several CoachT threads it seems that some alums are much more interested in throwing stones at coaches, admin, and even each other than they are working together to see the program turn around. This behavior surely must have a negative effect on the team. Your program wasn't too great for many years but you've finally turned it around. Any advice for the Karns crowd?

Dragons,

Karns is a program that's been on the skids for many years. From reading several CoachT threads it seems that some alums are much more interested in throwing stones at coaches, admin, and even each other than they are working together to see the program turn around. This behavior surely must have a negative effect on the team. Your program wasn't too great for many years but you've finally turned it around. Any advice for the Karns crowd?

I will have to be honest, it was hard to go and watch our teams that were struggling for all those years, but we did it. We hired a coach (Andy Shattuck) that is from Clinton and played his highschool football at Clinton. So we know that Andy is behind this program and really cares about it.

There are still some fans that think that our coaching staff could do alot better job, but i am very happy with our coaching staff and think there is alot more to football than just wins and loses.

My advice to Karns would be to hire a good coach that really cares about the Karns community and just be patient. All this negative behavior DOES affect the team. This team and probably teams in the past think that no one believes in them. Believe me, they hear all the boos and yelling at the coaches durning the games and these are 15-18 yr old kids and yes, it does affect them.

So just try to stay positive that you are going to turn things around. Cheer on these kids win or lose.

Is the coach you guys have now going to be the coach next year, or is he just filling in until you have time to hire someone else?

I'm not so sure that these refs knew anything beyond the basics of calling. They seemed so confused on their own penalty calls. I think they need a little more schooling. Glad to hear everyone is going to be ok on the team. I'm with you on playing better teams, it only makes you stronger and better. Thats why we like playing down the west way, it's alot better for us come playoff time. Good luck with the rest of your season :thumb: .

I will have to be honest, it was hard to go and watch our teams that were struggling for all those years, but we did it. We hired a coach (Andy Shattuck) that is from Clinton and played his highschool football at Clinton. So we know that Andy is behind this program and really cares about it.

There are still some fans that think that our coaching staff could do alot better job, but i am very happy with our coaching staff and think there is alot more to football than just wins and loses.

My advice to Karns would be to hire a good coach that really cares about the Karns community and just be patient. All this negative behavior DOES affect the team. This team and probably teams in the past think that no one believes in them. Believe me, they hear all the boos and yelling at the coaches durning the games and these are 15-18 yr old kids and yes, it does affect them.

So just try to stay positive that you are going to turn things around. Cheer on these kids win or lose.

Is the coach you guys have now going to be the coach next year, or is he just filling in until you have time to hire someone else?

The "interim" head coach has been an assistant for some time and has also coached the freshman. He didn't go to high school at Karns but he's definitely a guy who cares, especially about the kids. My understanding is that the situation will be "reevaluated" after the season. Honestly, the talent pool is far from the greatest, a relatively small number of players and a number of relatively small players. Very limited experience at QB. It's a very tough situation. I hope I'm wrong but I think it will very hard to get many wins against a tough conference schedule. Plus there's a brand new principal and AD. The new principal seems to fashion herself as a big football person. She's already made a number of changes including accommodatng a few very vocal alums by bringing back one of the old school colors that hadn't been used for quite awhile. To me it's a matter of majoring on the minors. I'll be there again Friday night to show my support but overall I don't feel very positive about it. Another coach fired, another new administration with another new set of ideas, another new booster club leadership with another set of new ideas .................