Riverdale at Lavergne

TDCman

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually CR scored on a "Doug Flutie" hail-mary pass with no time left on the clock to make the game appear close even though it was not really very close. Their first score was a gift as well as their guy walked in untouched on pick-6 underthrown ball early in the game. Yet, LHS should have hung 50 on them anyway, instead of 29...thus Riverdale would have to be viewed as a favorite tonight, but maybe not a total blowout.

If LHS insists on QB keeper left/QB keeper right/QB keeper middle with the once in a while long sideline pass, they will have no chance. I am shocked at how vanilla and generic their offense has been in the 1st 2 games.

Actually CR scored on a "Doug Flutie" hail-mary pass with no time left on the clock to make the game appear close even though it was not really very close. Their first score was a gift as well as their guy walked in untouched on pick-6 underthrown ball early in the game. Yet, LHS should have hung 50 on them anyway, instead of 29...thus Riverdale would have to be viewed as a favorite tonight, but maybe not a total blowout.

If LHS insists on QB keeper left/QB keeper right/QB keeper middle with the once in a while long sideline pass, they will have no chance. I am shocked at how vanilla and generic their offense has been in the 1st 2 games.

You donta wanna showa toa mucha toa earlya, ifa youa knowa whata Ia meana. I will say the they will go deep into the playbook maybe the second page. :popcorneater:

so i go to the game anticipating run right left and middle but i think you can count on 1 hand how many times they ran the ball tonight they passed and passed all night and our boys bent but didnt break...I do not know how we will stack up against the superior teams in the region kinda like oakland and smyrna and blackman but our defense is pretty good lavergne is also an athletic team and we showed again tonight that we have GREAT TEAM SPEED and i like how our defense plays fast...

Dillon "woody"Woodruff is a BEAST and he is only a sophmore...he has some really good back that defenses have to respect but he is legit...along with adam and whichever Odom kid plays we are stacked in the backfield and then late in the game #41 looked really good...good game tonight

we started slow tonight with just a 14-0 lead at the half but i got a feeling there might have been a little but chewing at halftime because we took the next 2 or 3 possesions and scored to create the seperation...there are 2 things that i like about this team that i have seen improvement is 1 discipline we dont get a lot of stupid penalties we get one or 2 here and there but not an abundance and 2 we are not turning the ball over thus far and we look to be protecting it well...GREAT JOB WARRIORS!!!!

so i go to the game anticipating run right left and middle but i think you can count on 1 hand how many times they ran the ball tonight they passed and passed all night and our boys bent but didnt break...I do not know how we will stack up against the superior teams in the region kinda like oakland and smyrna and blackman but our defense is pretty good lavergne is also an athletic team and we showed again tonight that we have GREAT TEAM SPEED and i like how our defense plays fast...

Dillon "woody"Woodruff is a BEAST and he is only a sophmore...he has some really good back that defenses have to respect but he is legit...along with adam and whichever Odom kid plays we are stacked in the backfield and then late in the game #41 looked really good...good game tonight

we started slow tonight with just a 14-0 lead at the half but i got a feeling there might have been a little but chewing at halftime because we took the next 2 or 3 possesions and scored to create the seperation...there are 2 things that i like about this team that i have seen improvement is 1 discipline we dont get a lot of stupid penalties we get one or 2 here and there but not an abundance and 2 we are not turning the ball over thus far and we look to be protecting it well...GREAT JOB WARRIORS!!!!

Nice win, Warriors. I knew there was no way LHS would try to run it at yall all night long. That Grooms kid has a very nice arm and I think he is a dual threat every time the ball is in his hands.

What kind of numbers does LHS have out right now? I thought maybe with the new staff that some kids walking the halls might be out on the field . Do you think they are capable of causing an upset in our region if overlooked?

I don't think they will finish last.Seegull will finish last this year.I hate to post this, because I really like Coach Wyant, but it is true.TDCMAN, I hope you attended the game last night.I hope you remember what I said in the summer about our young QB at Riverdale.HE is learning the game real fast like I said he would, and he will surprise a lot of teams with his speed.Just ask anybody from Lavergne.

If LHS had scored all those times they got to or inside the 10 yard line, that would have been a pretty good game. They went back to the Will Hester spread offense at least for a night. That makes sense because how much of a power running game are you going to have with a tailback listed as 5-2 and 112.

I saw where McGavock had to return a kick 97 yards with a minute left to get by Cain Ridge. Unrelated to the RHS-LHS game, but interesting anyway.