29 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins this one?

• Oak Ridge
    • Central

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha yeah it did, but helton is still the best hs qb i have ever seen in person, guy was awesome.

Seriously, all kidding aside, he was an awesome QB in high school. I played peewee ball with him at CBFO. If I remember correctly he played DE at that time. Jason Price was actually our QB. I think Price went on to play at Farragut.

Seriously, all kidding aside, he was an awesome QB in high school. I played peewee ball with him at CBFO. If I remember correctly he played DE at that time. Jason Price was actually our QB. I think Price went on to play at Farragut.

oh yeah, i remember price.. played for farragut in the late 80's.. another great game oak ridge farragut in 1988... joe white toss sweep left on the 2 or 3 yard line, oak ridge wins 14-13... coach gaddis' first year at oak ridge, awesome game... but yeah, helton was awesome, you couldnt sack that guy hardly..

haha yeah it did, but helton is still the best hs qb i have ever seen in person, guy was awesome.

I am sure that Bladerunner will disagree, but that will let me know that I am right. I believe that Helton was the best combination passer/runner/scrambler that I have seen at QB in high school, but the best QB I have seen was Doug Martin.

I am sure that Bladerunner will disagree, but that will let me know that I am right. I believe that Helton was the best combination passer/runner/scrambler that I have seen at QB in high school, but the best QB I have seen was Doug Martin.

i have heard of doug martin, but i was too young to remember him... the on that vividly stands out in my mind was tommy laurendine...he was my boyhood hero, and was a great qb, as well as a great safety.

oh yeah, i remember price.. played for farragut in the late 80's.. another great game oak ridge farragut in 1988... joe white toss sweep left on the 2 or 3 yard line, oak ridge wins 14-13... coach gaddis' first year at oak ridge, awesome game... but yeah, helton was awesome, you couldnt sack that guy hardly..

####, try having to go against Joe White in practice. Also, Shawn Summers and Shaun(sp?)Williams! All during two-a-days. It was brutal!

Edited by OmahaVol

i have heard of doug martin, but i was too young to remember him... the on that vividly stands out in my mind was tommy laurendine...he was my boyhood hero, and was a great qb, as well as a great safety.

Tommy Laurendine was very talented and very good. Another great one was Dean Nichols.

Omaha, Jed is correct on that, did you play for 6 seasons? No wonder we used to be so good. Just kidding guys

Sorry, guys. It was Johnny Williams. I played during the 89-90 season, during my sophomore year. Shawn Summers, Joe White, Curtis Booker, and Jerry Colquitt, just to name a few, were on that team. I just remember Joe White was tough as nails and Shawn Summers was fast as lightning. I wasn't a starter or anything..just a backup LB. So, since I was a backup I had the honor of getting pounded during practice by these guys. The next year I moved to VA and started at LB for a prep school up there. Of course, the year I move OR wins the state title. Just my luck!! Missed out on my ring.