Oak Ridge @ Knox Central

tnchad1980

Wildcats or Bobcats  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins this one?

• Oak Ridge
    • Central

You all are remembering the good ol'days of OR football...When the question of IF the wildcats would win was never asked; only how much we would win by. The Central/OR playoff game was, by far, the best HS game I've ever witnessed or been a part of. That era of football seems so long ago. Seems that the days of having a long list of talent has fallen to the wayside...Shawn Summers, Ron Black, Antoine Thrift, Richard Howard, and on, and on, and on... I hope we can regain that prowess in the future, but it'll take the community to rally for that to ever happen.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

norm, you are exactly right, it will take everybody involved pulling in the same direction to have any chance of climbing back on top.

i am pretty sure johnny andshawn are brothers? my sisters good friend, her sister is married to johnny williams... yeah, i used to live in the house that chris groff lived in.. anybody remember groff? still the leading tackler in OR history i think, a mlb... i remember i was like 11 years old, he had his football helmet on his dresser sittin there scratches and marks all over it, i was in awe lol

I am still scratching my head trying to figure out how the Wildcats could loose the this years Farragut team??? What happened??

Roll Cats Roll

Roll Tribe Roll

Art,

The wildcats are lacking in experience and talent i hate to say, so that's what you get... i feel in about 2 years we should be much much better, till then there is going to continue to be some growing pains in oak ridge football, maybe longer than that i hate to say cause i am an oak ridge alum.. not used to us being mediocre haha

I think Central 20 -14.But I really think Oak Ridge will be 10 times better about 6 games into the season.All the sophs will get alot better and they are not to bad right now.2 or 3 starters on the line will be back which will send flowers back to defense and help alot.Coach Blade said in the spring flowers could be the best d end he ever coached when its said and done.He was moved bc of injurys.Anybody have news on when 4 sure Sam Bingham and Jaron will be back.I also heard Shink Jackson is 50/50 if he would be back.I know he would be Oak Ridges 2nd best O lineman.But more important is a healthy heart.I think Oak Ridge would really go up a level if jose and some others played both was atleast some.I dont think a D-1 player should come off the field much.But I was watching my cuz play and get ready bc the player Oak Ridge fans have been waiting on is Jalen Henderson.I couldnt belive how good he was.They said he works with Jerry Colquitt 3or 4 times a week and it shows.He can run all day and pass even better.Be ready bc he is gonna be great.

I think Central 20 -14.But I really think Oak Ridge will be 10 times better about 6 games into the season.All the sophs will get alot better and they are not to bad right now.2 or 3 starters on the line will be back which will send flowers back to defense and help alot.Coach Blade said in the spring flowers could be the best d end he ever coached when its said and done.He was moved bc of injurys.Anybody have news on when 4 sure Sam Bingham and Jaron will be back.I also heard Shink Jackson is 50/50 if he would be back.I know he would be Oak Ridges 2nd best O lineman.But more important is a healthy heart.I think Oak Ridge would really go up a level if jose and some others played both was atleast some.I dont think a D-1 player should come off the field much.But I was watching my cuz play and get ready bc the player Oak Ridge fans have been waiting on is Jalen Henderson.I couldnt belive how good he was.They said he works with Jerry Colquitt 3or 4 times a week and it shows.He can run all day and pass even better.Be ready bc he is gonna be great.

STILLNUM1 - Jerry lives in Washington state.

Art,

I will tell you what I saw at the Farragut game. It is true we are very young, like you guys were the last couple years. We have several linemen out with injury or health issues and we moved 12 of the 22 starters to new positions about a week before the ball game. The changes were due to the injuries and the fact that what we were doing just wasn't working, we didn't win a scrimmage. In fact, none of them were even close. Anyway, Farragut had a couple kids with excellent speed and they ran around us all night, we never did seal off the ends. Plus they hit a one play 73 yard pass for a TD, that really hurt. We went up 7-0. Farragut came back and tied. We went up 14-7, Farragut came back and tied. We went up 21-14 Farragut came back and tied. We went into overtime on defense first. Finally, got a stop, forced a field goal. We got the ball, fumbled the pitch out on first down, called time out. Second down from the 14, we threw a jump ball fade route to the shortest guy on the field and it was intercepted. Game over Farragut 24-21. The game was ours for the taking, even though it seemed we were outplayed all night long. I don't want to second guess the play calling, BUT down by three in overtime with the ball. It's second down, fade route, jump ball? It was a tough way to lose. The kids played hard and gave all they had, we just came apart on the last two offensive plays with the game on the line. Give Farragut credit too, they put up about 400 yards, never quit and came back four different times in the game.

One of the Colquitts.Im a Clinton fan and dont know alot about OR.I just heard that and i watched him play and was impressed.Its hard cheering for Oak Ridge but I gotta go for my cuz the next few years and I have had fun watching OR and meeting new people.Oak Ridge people have been great to get to know and there are alot of true wildcat fans that just love the program.My dragons will be back though in about 15 years.