Tennessee @ David Crockett

THSVikings2004

Any thoughts on this game? How has Crockett looked so far this season? Tennessee once again has a pretty good running game with Howard, Fersner, and Delaney. Rowell and Wilson are good assets as well. I could've sworn that I saw Gammon on special teams but he didn't play at all on offense Friday and to my knowledge he didn't play on defense either. Is he 100% yet?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a good game.

This is shaping up like a rockemsockem affair. Crockett appears to have much more than I gave them credit for early and it is interesting that both teams have the one common opponent (East) only 2 weeks in. That should make film study and comparisons pretty accurate. I see a fairly even game on the ground with Tn Hi pulling away late resorting to the passing game with Snyder to Downs.

This is shaping up like a rockemsockem affair. Crockett appears to have much more than I gave them credit for early and it is interesting that both teams have the one common opponent (East) only 2 weeks in. That should make film study and comparisons pretty accurate. I see a fairly even game on the ground with Tn Hi pulling away late resorting to the passing game with Snyder to Downs.

I read the East Crockett game was 20-14 before Crockett pulled away late in the 4th?

I was impressed with Tennessee's performance on Friday. I think the passing game will come along eventually, but they didn't need it on Friday. I think they'll try their best to get the ball to Downs a few times every game. I would like to see how good the secondary is, but I doubt I'll find out until about week 4.

I read the East Crockett game was 20-14 before Crockett pulled away late in the 4th?

I was impressed with Tennessee's performance on Friday. I think the passing game will come along eventually, but they didn't need it on Friday. I think they'll try their best to get the ball to Downs a few times every game. I would like to see how good the secondary is, but I doubt I'll find out until about week 4.

I'm anxious tp see what the Vikings have to do offensively to put Crockett away and whether the Pioneers can make any headway rushing against the viking D.

On a side note to this thread: Viking fans, is what I'm hearing true? Is Taylor Harmon the Starting QB at UT Martin playing against the Vols in Neyland Saturday?

I'm anxious tp see what the Vikings have to do offensively to put Crockett away and whether the Pioneers can make any headway rushing against the viking D.

On a side note to this thread: Viking fans, is what I'm hearing true? Is Taylor Harmon the Starting QB at UT Martin playing against the Vols in Neyland Saturday?

Derek Carr is listed as the starting qb on the depth chart followed by Julius McNair.

Derek Carr is listed as the starting qb on the depth chart followed by Julius McNair.

I was told that they are considering red shirting Taylor this year to give him time to learn the system… and that he would not dress out for the UT game unless the starting QB couldn’t go. He has had some injury problems.

Since I was in the penalty box last weekend I didn’t get a chance to comment on the Vikings performance. I have to say that I was surprised… and pleasantly so!! Looks like we have some young talent of our own coming out of the shadows… so talent won’t be an issue for this team. However experience will… so it’s good to get these games in early to allow these young bloods (especially on defense) to get their feet wet before the battle begins. The way our schedule is laid out will benefit the Vikings more than ever this year. Coach Stubbs will slowly build up the play book each game to include all of the tools he’s working with this year until we are fully equipped to take on the post season competition. There is no reason at this point not to believe that we will be in every regular season game this year… and EVERY includes the game against the “superhero crew†down in Kingsport… for those of you that thought I st-st-st-stuttered. I look to see us pass more against Crocket to give the rookie QB an opportunity to develop his confidence. :excl: Side note: I don’t know how good the two D1s are… but I be dang if I would want to be the one to line up in front of them in a game!!! No doubt… there will be MANY who will be lookin up at them during the course of this season… and it has nothing to do with how tall they are. I’m just sayin….. ;)

Since I was in the penalty box last weekend I didn’t get a chance to comment on the Vikings performance. I have to say that I was surprised… and pleasantly so!! Looks like we have some young talent of our own coming out of the shadows… so talent won’t be an issue for this team. However experience will… so it’s good to get these games in early to allow these young bloods (especially on defense) to get their feet wet before the battle begins. The way our schedule is laid out will benefit the Vikings more than ever this year. Coach Stubbs will slowly build up the play book each game to include all of the tools he’s working with this year until we are fully equipped to take on the post season competition. There is no reason at this point not to believe that we will be in every regular season game this year… and EVERY includes the game against the “superhero crew†down in Kingsport… for those of you that thought I st-st-st-stuttered. I look to see us pass more against Crocket to give the rookie QB an opportunity to develop his confidence. :excl: Side note: I don’t know how good the two D1s are… but I be dang if I would want to be the one to line up in front of them in a game!!! No doubt… there will be MANY who will be lookin up at them during the course of this season… and it has nothing to do with how tall they are. I’m just sayin….. ;)

Your a legend in your own mind