District 9AA AND 10AA

papadoc

I not sure what your point is in the above post.

I think what NUGGET is trying to say is that you keep telling everone DL is a good basketball team because they are beating teams that are just as bad if not worse than they are. DL will have to prove themselves against teams that are actually good...(CPA, East Lit, Maplewood, MLK, etc.)

Well, I think in district 9aa everyone is fighting for 3rd with sycamore and white house battling it our for the top spot

only seen whhs 1 time and my scouting report is they have multiple 6-3/6-4 guards, that don't like to boxout and are in love with shooting 3's and play a zone that is not very effective against athleticism. i am basing my scouting report off of watching them play east lit., who could make a lot of good teams look bad. but i have a feeling that is the way whhs would play more times than not, limited defense, have a tough time rebounding and peremiter oriented. they do have some shooters, but it is hard to win a lot of games relying on 3's. agree that they have the talent to finish in top 2 in 9aa, outside of that it will get much tougher unless they improve rebounding and defense.

I think what NUGGET is trying to say is that you keep telling everone DL is a good basketball team because they are beating teams that are just as bad if not worse than they are. DL will have to prove themselves against teams that are actually good...(CPA, East Lit, Maplewood, MLK, etc.)

I don't know that I ever said that DL is a good (or bad) basketball team. I have them at either 4th or 5th in District 10AA with MLK. If the MLK team that took East Lit to OT last week shows up the rest of the season, I would put DL at no better than 5th. Just an opinion that is very open to change as the season "proves" out.

I am not too sure about DL's talent level this year, but I bet that they will play hard nosed ball with good defense and be well coached. Losing to FRA on Friday in OT doesn't help their case any as CPA beat FRA on Saturday by around 30.

I am more than happy to admit mistakes in judgement/opinion. The biggest pre-season prediction mistake so far has been my prediction that Pearl-Cohn would be in the top half of the district. It doesn't look like that is going to happen.

only seen whhs 1 time and my scouting report is they have multiple 6-3/6-4 guards, that don't like to boxout and are in love with shooting 3's and play a zone that is not very effective against athleticism. i am basing my scouting report off of watching them play east lit., who could make a lot of good teams look bad. but i have a feeling that is the way whhs would play more times than not, limited defense, have a tough time rebounding and peremiter oriented. they do have some shooters, but it is hard to win a lot of games relying on 3's. agree that they have the talent to finish in top 2 in 9aa, outside of that it will get much tougher unless they improve rebounding and defense.

You make a very good point Basketball Jones. WH has the personel to be a great team, but they don't seem to play their height the way they should. But WH could suprise alot of people... :popcorneater:

You make a very good point Basketball Jones. WH has the personel to be a great team, but they don't seem to play their height the way they should. But WH could suprise alot of people... :popcorneater:

i live in sumner county and that would be fine with me if they play to their potential. i'm just a basketball fan in general and was giving my take on what i saw from them, of course that was 1 game, but saw quite a bit of the same last year too when i watched them.

i just know 10aa is far and away more talented and deep compared to 9aa from top to bottom.

Edited by basketballjones85

I SAW DAVID LIPSCOMB PLAY LAST YEAR 2 OR 3 TIMES AND I THOUGHT THAT THEY WERE SORRY. ON TOP OF THAT THE BENCH WAS WEAK, AND THAT IS THE FUTURE FOR DL BASKETBALL.

Well....SORRY, DL finished 2nd in the District last year. They were the only team that beat Maplewood last year. And I believe Maplewood went to State last year. Maybe you should check out the district leaders from last year, you might find some DL players on there. Plus DL's post player quit towards the end of the season which really put the team in a bind. Their seniors from last year played a huge role in sending DL to State in 2009. They have a very talented team this year; however, they didn't get of lot of playing time due to the upperclassman talent form previous years. DL is always well coached, and recruiting transfers are not a part of DL basketball. So, yeah picking DL as last...you obviously don't have a clue or maybe you're just a DL hater.

Who can rebound against East Lit? If they just show up they will finish 2nd. Trust me they will win at least 7 games in that disrict. Who besides sycamore could finish ahead of them?

Edited by wariors24

Who can rebound against East Lit? If they just show up they will finish 2nd. Trust me they will win at least 7 games in that disrict. Who besides sycamore could finish ahead of them?

Not So fast Wariors24, Greenbrier is playing some good ball. They have won 5 in a row and are looking pretty good. They are playing like a team that could upset somebody in district 9. Watch out for them Bobcats :roflol::roflol:

White house is just now starting to figure out how to play and win without R. P. Coach Spencer is getting the boys where they need to be. Of course, a little more rebounding is needed from our guys, but doesn't everyone??? With District play really starting after the holidays, I think ya"ll will see a much improved and much more cohesive white house team. The devil train is coming!!!

Also, we have a very good tourny we're going to Monday in franklin, Ky. The devils will go up against a team from Canada. Also in the tourny are some really good Kentucky teams, i.e. Bardstown, Owensboro, Frankilin-Simpson. Let's Go Devils! BDP!

I don't know that I ever said that DL is a good (or bad) basketball team. I have them at either 4th or 5th in District 10AA with MLK. If the MLK team that took East Lit to OT last week shows up the rest of the season, I would put DL at no better than 5th. Just an opinion that is very open to change as the season "proves" out.

I am not too sure about DL's talent level this year, but I bet that they will play hard nosed ball with good defense and be well coached. Losing to FRA on Friday in OT doesn't help their case any as CPA beat FRA on Saturday by around 30.

I am more than happy to admit mistakes in judgement/opinion. The biggest pre-season prediction mistake so far has been my prediction that Pearl-Cohn would be in the top half of the district. It doesn't look like that is going to happen.

After Whites Creek took East Lit down to the very end in the Overton Tournament, the Cobras seem to be making a move up to the top half of the district. District play cranks up full time on Tuesday. Should be fun the rest of the season.