District 9AA AND 10AA

papadoc

Whether you are a hater, a lover, or somewhere in between, a fairer obervation would be how were those decisions made, what was truly behind them, that appears to be the real issue with people. Don't you think?

I think kbrks has motives to discredit CPA...bitterness, resentment? There are rumors of accusations of Drew, be careful, some people know the truth.

I think kbrks has motives to discredit CPA...bitterness, resentment? There are rumors of accusations of Drew, be careful, some people know the truth.

And you’d be thinking wrong. I didn’t create any of this, that was done all on its own and not by me. If you do have any truth to share, please do, since I am not trying to hide anything or make bold statements hiding behind my screen name, unlike some of us. Characterizing as bitterness or resentment usually only a ploy to discredit and distract from the real issues, which in this case is not me. I am just willing to look at both sides based on the current facts and circumstances presented, since it is an important basketball and sports topic. Because of my background I do think I have something to add for the sake of truth.

Proof does, and there is a due process that will deal with it when proof arises. My last comment on the matter.

Of course what can be proved is different than what is actually true. For those of you who may have missed it, coachrus on the CPA? football thread issued the challenge of working to change the system of any illegal recruiting. Now that is a good point, a great ideal, but unfortunately unrealistic. Why? One reason is because the TSSAA is not as investigative as an organization such as the NCAA and people should not confuse the two. But the main reason is because for the system to change, those involved have to be totally honest and that is not going to happen. Why? Because there is too much to risk.

Coaches involved aren’t going to admit it for obvious reasons and learn easily to minimize and/or rationalize. Parents are ignorant of the rules and/or are flattered by their son or daughter being recruited. Why would they be honest and say anything? For the sake of doing what is right? Not hardly. In fact, when confronted, parents will backpedal, because being honest, in their mind, could ultimately hurt their child in some form or fashion and that is way too much to risk. Plus as I said, they like being recruited, who doesn’t like to feel wanted. And maybe that will be my last post on the subject, we’ll see.

Amen!

amen also! We all know the there is no perfect place. But, the obvious clue is you are bitter. Get over it, move on. It's unfair to the boys that work so hard to get your ridicule and accusations. This is not about you, but about some very Godly young men who belong here. Say what you will, until you know them personally, you might want to be careful what you say.

amen also! We all know the there is no perfect place. But, the obvious clue is you are bitter. Get over it, move on. It's unfair to the boys that work so hard to get your ridicule and accusations. This is not about you, but about some very Godly young men who belong here. Say what you will, until you know them personally, you might want to be careful what you say.

This was meant for kbrk, sorry.

Amen!

Hadn’t seen you around for awhile, still not a big fan, huh? That’s OK. I must admit it was/is posters like you, divepix, others, and now even sportsqueen who inspire me to get involved in this forum and not let random opinions without unsubstantiated information go unchallenged.

1. Again, you can express an opinion and enter into a discussion without being bitter. Course anytime you disagree with certain CPA folk, you have to deal with it being made personal. No worry, I am use to unfounded accusations.

2. Fair? That is an interesting concept, once again selective truth, apply it only when it serves the purpose. Do you really want to speak to the issue of fairness? Fairness also includes posting opinions along with supporting information, not random, personal opinions/accusations that lead people into wrong thinking. Whether you want to agree or accept it, I have and can back up my posts.

3. You are correct. No perfect place, but if something is wrong, don’t defend, excuse, justify, make it personal, etc. deal with it appropriately.

4. I know what I know, can’t help that and if what I know leads to a more balanced perspective and discussion of the issues facing high school athletics, then so be it. If you and others knew what I knew, you wouldn’t think any differently.

5. Players needing to be anywhere can only be justified if they got there 100% within the rules, in line with school’s philosophy and in CPA’s case not even creating a perception of anything but 100% being totally above board. If all 3 of those not in place, then it is a problem, in need of a solution. I did not make up their philosophy or their rules. Don’t shoot the messenger.

6. If you and others truly want me to move on and not reveal what is behind the “wizard’s curtain,†then be more careful what you post. I had 9 years of involvement, if you have a right to your comments, why don’t you think I have a right to mine?

Hadn’t seen you around for awhile, still not a big fan, huh? That’s OK. I must admit it was/is posters like you, divepix, others, and now even sportsqueen who inspire me to get involved in this forum and not let random opinions without unsubstantiated information go unchallenged.

You've misinterpreted. It's not that I'm not a fan. It's the continued flogging of that dead horse. You have your right to post, for sure. It's been 5 years, though. I wish you the very best!

You've misinterpreted. It's not that I'm not a fan. It's the continued flogging of that dead horse. You have your right to post, for sure. It's been 5 years, though. I wish you the very best!

Yes, but the issues are current to this year and the principles involved in the discussion/debate are timeless. And yes, I will agree, now is the time for me to move away from this one.

This was meant for kbrk, sorry.

Perhaps it disgusts him, as it does me...and many others, that you...and others...would so passionately defend or even ignore things that seem to be (and probably are) going on that are WRONG! Ever heard of 'let your yea be your yea and your nay, nay?' Thank God there is no silly 'statute of limitations' on the truth. 'Christ'PS, indeed!

And it's 'kbrkS,' sport( ;) )queen.

I agree with kbrks on this matter; it's just the repetitiveness! I know his history with CPA and am sympathetic, but we all know life is not fair. Live well, kbrks! CPA will probably go D2 so they can openly do what they are being accused of now. It's unfortunate for the average athlete who won't get a chance to play. One of the reasons we sent our kids to CPA was because they would have a chance to play lots of sports, and they did. The times they are a'changin'!!