Maryville vs McMinn

jrlcm

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cherokees are a young team with alot of tallent. they are beginning to learn they cant take plays off. They just dont have any depth after the starters and alot of those are playing both ways. But I like this team alot, they wont win friday but I believe the rebels will remember the cherokees.

I agree, the Rebels will remember the 'kees. They are young but tough. Will they be tough enough for M'ville? I sure hope so. I believe the Tribe will surprise the Rebels. Drew Massingale, QB, is big...he is a great runner and can throw. He has solid RBs and WRs on his offense. The defense is led by Dorian Simpson, Alex Vinroe, Dylan Plaster, and Devin Abernathy. Should be a great game.

New week; new conquest.

I don't know much about McMinn Co., except that it's hard to get there from here.

Details? Predictions?

Driving: Virtually every road from Hwy. 411 to Hwy. 11 takes you perpendicular to these hwy's, thus you're not gaining any ground distance-wise. When going to Cades Cove/Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg I go over to Englewood and hit 411 (because it's the straightest east-west route), but if you don't know all the shortcuts through Athens, then coming from Englewood to McMinn's school/stadium (which is on Hwy. 11), it can be time consuming as you go through a plethora of stop lights. So, cant offer any good advice for you Maryville fans.

Eating: Let me recommend eating and tailgating with '2 Dudes BBQ' ‎this Friday. I promise you'll thank me later. They'll be set-up, ready to serve at the baseball field (right next to the football stadium)at 5:30! Fans from other teams are always welcome, and have always had a good time. They'll have BBQ Sandwiches, slaw, chips, drinks......and I'd HIGHLY recommend the 'Butt Loaded Tater'. Guarantee you that you won't find nicer and cleaner people anywhere, and they know their BBQ!

[No, I'm not affiliated with the business, but have known them for many years.]

McMinn graduated 26 Seniors off last year's team (some of whom are playing college ball now) so they're pretty young at a few positions. Drew Masinagle, QB is big, strong, runs hard, and throws pretty good. He's already signed with Tennessee to play baseball. I think the coaches and players know how good Maryville is coached, and how well they play. It's a great opportunity for the Cherokees to see how the elite teams play, and it will be a tremendous challenge for them.

Driving: Virtually every road from Hwy. 411 to Hwy. 11 takes you perpendicular to these hwy's, thus you're not gaining any ground distance-wise. When going to Cades Cove/Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg I go over to Englewood and hit 411 (because it's the straightest east-west route), but if you don't know all the shortcuts through Athens, then coming from Englewood to McMinn's school/stadium (which is on Hwy. 11), it can be time consuming as you go through a plethora of stop lights. So, cant offer any good advice for you Maryville fans.

Eating: Let me recommend eating and tailgating with '2 Dudes BBQ' ‎this Friday. I promise you'll thank me later. They'll be set-up, ready to serve at the baseball field (right next to the football stadium)at 5:30! Fans from other teams are always welcome, and have always had a good time. They'll have BBQ Sandwiches, slaw, chips, drinks......and I'd HIGHLY recommend the 'Butt Loaded Tater'. Guarantee you that you won't find nicer and cleaner people anywhere, and they know their BBQ!

[No, I'm not affiliated with the business, but have known them for many years.]

McMinn graduated 26 Seniors off last year's team (some of whom are playing college ball now) so they're pretty young at a few positions. Drew Masinagle, QB is big, strong, runs hard, and throws pretty good. He's already signed with Tennessee to play baseball. I think the coaches and players know how good Maryville is coached, and how well they play. It's a great opportunity for the Cherokees to see how the elite teams play, and it will be a tremendous challenge for them.

Quality post here. Thanks for all the info.

Is McMinn starting a bunch of sophs & jr's - or do you all have an inbalance of sr's again?

Rebel fans, after having seen your freshmen and sophomores play this year, it looks like you guys are getting ready to make a run that will be exceptional even by Maryville/Alcoa standards. That JV team could beat several teams in our district (OR). Must be nice, good luck with the Tribe. That announcer down there will wear you out with "First down for the Cherokeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees" It's hilarious after awhile.

Rebel fans, after having seen your freshmen and sophomores play this year, it looks like you guys are getting ready to make a run that will be exceptional even by Maryville/Alcoa standards. That JV team could beat several teams in our district (OR). Must be nice, good luck with the Tribe. That announcer down there will wear you out with "First down for the Cherokeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees" It's hilarious after awhile.

If they GET a first down.