8 Goodpasture Christian 0-1-1 NR

9 Signal Mountain 0-0-0 NR

10 Madison Academic Magnet 0-1-0 NR

11 Livingston Acdy

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another season, same old question: how are the euro rankings compiled? I know several head coaches who try to make contact with those in charge to submit their rankings and never hear back.

It looks like the AAA rankings are simply the final 8 of the state tournament. The A\AA are mostly the final 8. I would say they mainly are using the state tournament results from last year.

http://www.tssaa.org/2009Champions/StateGSoccer/AAAState.htm

http://www.tssaa.org/2009Champions/StateGSoccer/A2AState.htm

It looks like the AAA rankings are simply the final 8 of the state tournament. The A\AA are mostly the final 8. I would say they mainly are using the state tournament results from last year.

http://www.tssaa.org/2009Champions/StateGSoccer/AAAState.htm

http://www.tssaa.org/2009Champions/StateGSoccer/A2AState.htm

Well you gotta start somewhere :unsure:

I'm curious about Dobyns-Bennett are the scores correct? Are they really 0-4? :wacko:

Well you gotta start somewhere :unsure:

I'm curious about Dobyns-Bennett are the scores correct? Are they really 0-4? :wacko:

On the boys side, we in AA/A actually voted as coaches each week and compiled the points. I have no part in these rankings so i can't help with how it is done on the girls side. MJ usually does a pretty good job tho :thumb:

Actually 0-6-1, tough start for coach Woods. My Eurosports tab says these are 2009 rankings (noted as Mon Sep 6, 10 (20:22) 08/22/10 2009 Final Ranking) not 2010

I will do some digging on the rankings, I do believe these are the initial rankings for this year, but the date was not changed. In any event, all of this sorts itself out on the field, but it does make for good conversations on here.

Ah, the "joys and pains" of rankings.

I don't know how it is done in the girls season, or even in the guys AAA and D-2, but I was in charge of the A/AA boys rankings last spring. Registered coaches would send me their rankings from each region every Sunday evening, and the votes would be tabulated and sent into Eurosport Monday afternoons. It wasn't the perfect way to do it, but it worked. Fortunately, we had coaches from across the state, who kept up with the scores across the state, and took time to research and send in their votes.

I've had years where we have been ranked high, and years where we were ranked low (even years where we weren't even on the top 10, though that was early in 2003). Sure, it has merit to be "ranked" by any organization, but rankings come with all sorts of headaches. As most who know me on these boards, I preferred to be ranked low. I didn't like the bulls-eye.

Early in the 2000's our motto was "shut up and play" which was focused on ourselves. Don't talk trash, don't talk to the refs, don't complain about anything, and don't worry about the rankings. Let your play do the talking for you.

Fortunately, rankings haven't put anyone in the play offs, or won a single game. It's just something we get to "jaw" about on the boards. There are times I agree with them, and times that I don't, but I do like debating about them.

MVM can share some wonderful stories about Eurosport! :roflol:

Ah, the "joys and pains" of rankings.

I don't know how it is done in the girls season, or even in the guys AAA and D-2, but I was in charge of the A/AA boys rankings last spring. Registered coaches would send me their rankings from each region every Sunday evening, and the votes would be tabulated and sent into Eurosport Monday afternoons. It wasn't the perfect way to do it, but it worked. Fortunately, we had coaches from across the state, who kept up with the scores across the state, and took time to research and send in their votes.

I've had years where we have been ranked high, and years where we were ranked low (even years where we weren't even on the top 10, though that was early in 2003). Sure, it has merit to be "ranked" by any organization, but rankings come with all sorts of headaches. As most who know me on these boards, I preferred to be ranked low. I didn't like the bulls-eye.

Early in the 2000's our motto was "shut up and play" which was focused on ourselves. Don't talk trash, don't talk to the refs, don't complain about anything, and don't worry about the rankings. Let your play do the talking for you.

Fortunately, rankings haven't put anyone in the play offs, or won a single game. It's just something we get to "jaw" about on the boards. There are times I agree with them, and times that I don't, but I do like debating about them.

MVM can share some wonderful stories about Eurosport! :roflol:

Oh... those were the days. Hopefully I've come around a little. :D... Matter of fact we should NOT be #4. That's way to high for us at this point.

But, I've seen those Bulls-eye already this year. CCS, Notre Dame and Signal Mtn. wanted us bad and played like it. All three squads stepped up their game when we played them. So to all the other teams left on our schedule take it easy on us. Were not very deep and can't afford any more injuries. :wub: