Harriman at Wartburg

olerockyrebel

Alright the Blue Devils are making their first road trip of the year up to Wartburg. Harriman has won this game the past couple of years but it could be different this year. Wartburg is 3-0 coming off a big win vs Oneida and seem to have a very effective passing game out of the spread. Harriman 1-1 coming off their first win vs Midway ran the ball pretty well Friday night but the defense still concerns me, Wartburg throws the ball alot and Harriman has had a bit of trouble defending the pass this year. It could be a long game for the boys in Blue if they can't stop the Dawgs passing attack! Hopefully they'll come out with some fire this week! It's going to be a good one! Prediction later in the week after I think this one over.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go harryman. puppys still havent beat a team with win record.

O.K. Stooge, why don't you get back under that rock you been hiding under. If you had any idea of a clue, you would know that Monterrey is 2-1. I will also offer you a bet. I will buy dinner at El Patrons in Wartburg if the total number of wins for your non district opponents is higher than the total for ours. Outside the district we play Monterrey, Midway, Harriman, and Rockwood. Every game is about an hour from our parking lot. Here is the non conference schedule for Sunbright. North Greene, Whitwell, Red Boiling Springs and Kings Academy. Need a GPS to find some of these places. Man that is a long time on a bus.

Now about this weeks game. We will see 2 different styles of play. Harriman with 3 yds and a cloud of dust vs Wartburg spreading the field. I think the key this week will be how well each defense can stop the other. Time of Posession will be big this week. If Harriman holds the ball, Wartburg will not be able to put their spread offense to work. Conditioning will also be a factor this week.

Final score prediction 35-14 Wartburg.

i dont like make excuse but the refs are bad just like every time we go to coalfield. we didnt even show up until 3 quarter. then we dominated. we are still best team in district.

WHo won! You make excusses every time you loose!! Man up first team you have faced this year that has a chance of goen 500 this year! Refs dont take games if you was as good as you say you are there shouldnt have been a contest but the facts are you were wrong the best team won!

i dont like make excuse but the refs are bad just like every time we go to coalfield. we didnt even show up until 3 quarter. then we dominated. we are still best team in district.

blame it on the refs. the fact is you don't even like playing coalfield, the only reason you do is because you are in the same district. to bad you can't go independant then you could schedule all cupcakes.

I think it will be a good game. Wartburg really needs to stop the running game of Harriman because that is all that they have to be honest they have no passing game..on the other hand Wartburg needs to come out and play ball from the start of the game to the finish. I think Wartburg does have the better team but they will have to play hard and show it, Harriman aint just going to be a push over. and i really wish that ole tiger will just stay out of every thread of Wartburg trying to dis them, but as i see it right now looks like we are 3-0 with all 3 wins over good teams....then Shunbright on the other hand 2-1 with 2 wins over terrible teams and a loss over a pretty good team. I remember back in little league when people said they lost because of the refs i mean come on grow up and take a loss....anyway back to the Wartburg game i say it will be a great game, I have to take the Dogs in this one..28-20