CAK vs Carter

FootballDad

Carter fans wont be posting.Take all the shots you want to.

I doubt you'll see many "shots" from CAK fans, but you will probably read some opinions about how the game will turn out. After all, that's what CoachT is all about, exchanging opinions. These boards are more interesting when both teams' fans provide their insight and state their opinions. It doesn't have to be smack talk. I'm looking forward to our trip to Carter. I've been there to a couple of 7 on 7's / scrimmages over the last several years, but this will be my first chance to see a game there.

Perhaps if Carter fans don't want to post about the players / match ups / game, you can fill us in on the concessions (one of my favorite subjects!). What's on the menu? Grilled burgers? Chicken? What's good?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since things are quiet from our friends from Strawberry Plains, I'll take a stab.

Carter has 5 returning offensive players but 8 returning starters on defense. They are led on defense by a tough, head hunting first team all district (2009) safety, John Stiles (6-1 170.) Last year he had 57 tackles, a fumble recovery, and a pick.

Will Carter's veteran defense be able to stop the Warrior air raid?

I personally believe that the Warriors will be able to move the ball, but once again, eliminating turn-overs is critical. I think the Warrior defense took a huge step last week, but I saw enough earlier this year when I saw Carter to believe Carter will be able to move the ball. They appear to be able to run as well as have some dangerous receivers.

Since things are quiet from our friends from Strawberry Plains, I'll take a stab.

Carter has 5 returning offensive players but 8 returning starters on defense. They are led on defense by a tough, head hunting first team all district (2009) safety, John Stiles (6-1 170.) Last year he had 57 tackles, a fumble recovery, and a pick.

Will Carter's veteran defense be able to stop the Warrior air raid?

I personally believe that the Warriors will be able to move the ball, but once again, eliminating turn-overs is critical. I think the Warrior defense took a huge step last week, but I saw enough earlier this year when I saw Carter to believe Carter will be able to move the ball. They appear to be able to run as well as have some dangerous receivers.

Carter fans wont be posting.Take all the shots you want to.

I noticed earlier in the year that a Carter fan was pleading for some info on the team from some fellow Hornets, but no response. Hey, there are several teams that don't have any representation on these boards, no problem, but like GVK said, the CAK fans will not be taking any shots regardless of whether there are Carter fans on here or not. Just looking for some friendly banter about the school, players, coaches, concessions, etc.... Good luck to both teams for an injury free game. :thumb:

The Recievers for Carter are both at least 6 3 - 6 4. 7 and 30 and/or 5 will have to have good position and high point the ball if they want to break up any passes on fades or deep balls. Carter's qb also looked like he could run the ball pretty well and scrambled out of any pressure he faced from the d line. Once again, the outcome of the game will be on the defense. I dont see anyone stopping CAK's offense right now :popcorneater:

The Recievers for Carter are both at least 6 3 - 6 4. 7 and 30 and/or 5 will have to have good position and high point the ball if they want to break up any passes on fades or deep balls. Carter's qb also looked like he could run the ball pretty well and scrambled out of any pressure he faced from the d line. Once again, the outcome of the game will be on the defense. I dont see anyone stopping CAK's offense right now :popcorneater:

Congratulations to the staff & players at CAK for attaining the #2 ranking in this weeks AP poll! Nice acknowledgment by the sports writers that CAK is building a recognized program that is respected state wide. Its the highest ranking the football team has ever achieved. Its also a tip of the hat to last years team for earning recognition and respect throughout the state.

With that said, it wont buy you a hot dog at the Carter concession stand this Friday. :hungry: Really just puts a bigger target on the back of the Warriors and more incentive for the Hornets. Go getm Warriors, and earn your ranking. :thumb:

Congratulations to the staff & players at CAK for attaining the #2 ranking in this weeks AP poll! Nice acknowledgment by the sports writers that CAK is building a recognized program that is respected state wide. Its the highest ranking the football team has ever achieved. Its also a tip of the hat to last years team for earning recognition and respect throughout the state.

With that said, it wont buy you a hot dog at the Carter concession stand this Friday. :hungry: Really just puts a bigger target on the back of the Warriors and more incentive for the Hornets. Go getm Warriors, and earn your ranking. :thumb:

Umm, FBD, whether or not Carter actually has hot dogs at their concession stand is classified. Mums the word. :ph34r:

Disclaimer: this is a poor imitation of Leonards Losers. Not insults intended, just fun. If you feel sick after reading this, see your doctor, preferrably one with a kid at CAK

The high flying Warriors will glide into NE Knox County looking to pick up their 2nd straight victory over the Carter Hornets. Scouts have not been able to locate the elusive Hornets since they went into "radio silence" mode as they prepare their battle strategy. But silence will not be the answer to defending the CAK air raid, as they have plenty of weapons to attack whatever the Hornets try to sting them with. On offense Carter will try to play a little round ball with the alleyoop pass and then some pick and roll with the toss sweep. While the Hornets may have some success with snagging a couple of lobs to their talented hoopsters, it will not be enough to thwart the all out assault they will endure from a very solid veteran group of Warriors.

Football Dads Forecast: CAK 33 Carter 13