CAK vs Carter

FootballDad

Apparently Carter has an extremely stout defense. Check out the KIL statistics link below. Carter has the top 4 defensive players based on reported number of tackles.

http://stats.prepxtra.com/football/boys/leaderboard/individual/

Wow, sure wish those Carter statisticians would come teach our CAK guys how to count tackles. Maybe all the tackles are legit, but looks like a little padding of the stats. I guess we will find out how good they are Friday night.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, sure wish Carter statisticians would come teach our CAK guys how to count tackles. Maybe all the tackles are legit, but looks like a little padding of the stats. I guess we will find out how good they are Friday night.

It may be that the Hornet Defense is spending a lot of time on the field...which could be good or bad. :thumb:

Apparently Carter has an extremely stout defense. Check out the KIL statistics link below. Carter has the top 4 defensive players based on reported number of tackles.

http://stats.prepxtra.com/football/boys/leaderboard/individual/

GVK after checking the stats. They also have two QB's in the top 10 for Passing :blink: Three recievers in the top 12 This Carter team looks to be pretty incredible. What is their record again?

Prediction time:

CAK's offense will continue to click tonight. CAK's defense takes another step overall, but has a couple of tough match ups with tall receivers. I predict that unless CAK can dominate with their DL and get consistent pressure on the QB, those tall receivers may put 1-2 in the end zone with 0-1 TD's by Carter running. IMO, more pressure is the key to eliminating a match up problem with their receivers.

CAK 34

Carter 13

Man what a great win last night, Carter has a big physical team and they will be spoilers for some teams this year. I wanted to say that CAKs offense continues to impress even with the turnover in the endzone, this bunch can score some points, and I think they will continue to do so, on the defensive side I think they continue to get better and better, Carter moved the ball but when the d had to they bowed their necks and held them at bay, I think that one of the biggest turning points of the game last night was in this order Carter running back the K.O. to start the second half, the offense responding with a touchdown but most of all the defense making Carter go 3 and out on their 2nd series of the half, the defense Coach Bradley had out there stood their ground and did a good job, 67, 71, 75, and 78 were the front four and the rest of the d was the usual players but those 4 up front were the key in that series, they got good pressure on the QB which enabled the others to make plays. I think that defense that was on the field for that series could play with anybody. I'm interested to hear comments from the football faithful on this. Now we enjoy the win for now and get ready for Loudon. Go Warriors

Congratulations to all the Warriors, nice game guys :thumb: Also, congrats to Carter for a hard fought game, nice passing attack, I didn't expect that many passes from another team other than Scott Co. The Hornets 1-3 record is deceiving, they are a better team than that.

The CAK offense is really getting into rhythm, #2 is making all the right reads and nice throws along with mixing in some very timely and effective runs. The receivers, collectively, are as good as any and #16 continues to impress. I've got alot of old school in me so I LOVE to see those receivers blocking down field, and #25 layed out a couple of Carter defenders along with some very nice blocks from the other recievers. I know the catches are what goes on the stat sheet, but the blocks are critical. The O line once again did a great job of pass protecting and then cleared alleys for #8 to run that draw through, big game for him.

Defensively my hats off to the guys for making adjustments on the fly. No one expected to see that out of Carter in the passing game. Most all their passes were contested, deflected, busted up or tackled on the spot, with one very nice pick by #18 and return. The DB's were giving up a lot of height to #22 & #24 but did a nice job overall. The pass rush was lacking early in the game, but improved as the game went on. It appeared to me that our guys were in better shape and still strong as the game progressed and the Carter team seemed fatiqued. Those conditioning drills are paying off Warriors. Would love to see more 3 and outs, but patience & persistence is paying off by keeping the opponents out of the end zone. The #1 unit only gave up 6 pts tonight.

Special teams were not so special tonight. I think that was an aboration since they have been pretty solid up to this point. I look for that to be better against Loudon.

Finally, big shout out to the BLUE CREW, our new student pep organization. There were several dozen of those students at the game, and they were cheering and having a big time. Keep it up guys, you're part of the "program building" equation :thumb: