Softball talk?

richlandraiderdad

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to hear some high school softball talk..Tournament listings and who is coming is cool and all, but any news, gossip, predictions out there? We still have soccer to finish and then basketball, but Feb 15th is not to far away..

•  
  • Top teams Mid, East, West? A, AA, AAA?
  • Teams on the incline; teams on decline?
  • Top Seniors, Juniors, Sophomores, Freshman?
  • Teams that lost a lot of Seniors that was at Spring Fling?
  • Top Coaches or assistants? New coaches?
  • Rumors?
  • Travel ball players in relation to schools in which they represent and the impact on their school?
  • Any upcoming signess in Nov?
  • Any signess skipping Senior year?

I guess being 5 months away, there are more questions than answers....Somebody has to have something...

Well I will give you somethin to talk about and that is them ladies from Cornersville will win district this year. Just think if you could take all of them players from the Marshall County schools and put them on one team... now you would have one heck of a team......Dont know any other small towns could say

that could do any better. Now remember the key word here folks is small towns.... :flower:

PS Ms Birdie is gettin ready for "Turkey Day" and I bet we will have a bunch of them turkeys on here this spring...... :flower:

Well I will give you somethin to talk about and that is them ladies from Cornersville will win district this year. Just think if you could take all of them players from the Marshall County schools and put them on one team... now you would have one heck of a team......Dont know any other small towns could say

that could do any better. Now remember the key word here folks is small towns.... :flower:

PS Ms Birdie is gettin ready for "Turkey Day" and I bet we will have a bunch of them turkeys on here this spring...... :flower:

Well MrNoitAll,

I am hoping the ladies of Richland may have something to say about 11A, when it is all said done. Possibly best freshman pitcher in the state and hits for power, possibly best freshman catcher (I am quiet partial to) with pop, lead off SS senior with speed and hits both sides, strong 3rd base (Jr) that hits for power from left side. Mix in a strong freshman class that went 29-2 past two years, with a few other SR/JR/Soph and I think 11A will be a little tougher this year for Cornersville..

A big key for Richland is they will be playing some of the larger tournaments, better teams and playing more games this season. Add in the two successful Jr High coaches that moved up to high school and have all the makings for successful season.

This maybe a year early, but definitely excited about Raider Softball for next few years to come....

Well MrNoitAll,

I am hoping the ladies of Richland may have something to say about 11A, when it is all said done. Possibly best freshman pitcher in the state and hits for power, possibly best freshman catcher (I am quiet partial to) with pop, lead off SS senior with speed and hits both sides, strong 3rd base (Jr) that hits for power from left side. Mix in a strong freshman class that went 29-2 past two years, with a few other SR/JR/Soph and I think 11A will be a little tougher this year for Cornersville..

A big key for Richland is they will be playing some of the larger tournaments, better teams and playing more games this season. Add in the two successful Jr High coaches that moved up to high school and have all the makings for successful season.

This maybe a year early, but definitely excited about Raider Softball for next few years to come....

"Newie"

Yep I think your key word here is young and for years to come and this want be the year. Now I saw the Fury play (a big difference of playing 14 under to high school) a couple of times this summer and yep pretty good players but not good enough to get them to the "Boro" come spring. A lot different coachin jr high ball and big girl ball and you all have a pretty tough road to get there. I think that you will see some pretty good "Old" coaches along the way.

Not what big tournaments will this young group of ladies be playin in this year. Remember it is a big difference playin your district and good mid state teams.....good luck but you better tell you folks to start savin their $$$$$$ cause they will be a payin to get in the "Boro" this year. :flower:

PS Aint them jr high coaches mama's and daddy's of players on the team? :flower:

Edited by MrNoitAll

• 2 weeks later...

Look for William Blount and Farragut to rule 4-AAA now that Coach Hawkins is no longer coaching at Maryville. Heritage and Maryville will still be tough contenders, but this should be WB's year. (Well, actually, last year was until the district tournament.) Maryville's reign is finally over.

I agree that William Blount will be strong again and that they should have done more in the district tournament. Also, I think FArragut will be tough as usual, but I also think that Maryville will be equally as good. They still have a lot of talent. Not too sure about Heritage as they are sophomore heavy and the others, well, West may surprise

Look for William Blount and Farragut to rule 4-AAA now that Coach Hawkins is no longer coaching at Maryville. Heritage and Maryville will still be tough contenders, but this should be WB's year. (Well, actually, last year was until the district tournament.) Maryville's reign is finally over.

William Blount didn't lose anyone. They've only gained. They will be a good! Coach hawkins didn't do much on that team. It was pure talent that got them to where they went. Allen took over and will give these girls a serious advantage. They have two of the best returning player though. Blanco who commited to georgia and barbie who is an awesome pitcher. Watched her throw this fall and she is going to be one pitcher to beat. Has the nastiest curve ball. She has wicked heat on her screw ball. Her hitting isn't slacking either. Blanco will be another big bat. They also have some decent freshmen talent. They only have one senior this year. Barbie and blanco will have this year they'll stack big numbers together.

William Blount didn't lose anyone. They've only gained. They will be a good! Coach hawkins didn't do much on that team. It was pure talent that got them to where they went. Allen took over and will give these girls a serious advantage. They have two of the best returning player though. Blanco who commited to georgia and barbie who is an awesome pitcher. Watched her throw this fall and she is going to be one pitcher to beat. Has the nastiest curve ball. She has wicked heat on her screw ball. Her hitting isn't slacking either. Blanco will be another big bat. They also have some decent freshmen talent. They only have one senior this year. Barbie and blanco will have this year they'll stack big numbers together.

Softball12,

I respectfully disagree that talent alone got Maryville the championship last year. Maryville only had two players that would have started for WB or Farragut...Blanco and Chancli Connatser, and Connatser would have played first, not pitch. I do not personally like Coach Hawkins, but he had an outstanding district tournament record over time, often with inferior talent, and certainly not always one of the two best teams in the district, but Maryville was always competing for the championship, it seemed. (and won the last four in a row.) Coach Allen may be the best coach ever, but he is still an unknown quantity. Maryville will be a very good team this year, but I don't believe that they will finish in the top two.

Let me quickly add that Connatser would have been WB's #2 pitcher behind Tuck, and would have been Farragut's #1, maybe.

Edited by WmBlGovs

"Newie"

Yep I think your key word here is young and for years to come and this want be the year. Now I saw the Fury play (a big difference of playing 14 under to high school) a couple of times this summer and yep pretty good players but not good enough to get them to the "Boro" come spring. A lot different coachin jr high ball and big girl ball and you all have a pretty tough road to get there. I think that you will see some pretty good "Old" coaches along the way.

Not what big tournaments will this young group of ladies be playin in this year. Remember it is a big difference playin your district and good mid state teams.....good luck but you better tell you folks to start savin their $$$$$$ cause they will be a payin to get in the "Boro" this year. :flower:

PS Aint them jr high coaches mama's and daddy's of players on the team? :flower:

What does the 14U Fury have to do with this post?

Don't really worry much about the DII teams. But it is highly unlikely That Trinity or Camden makes it back here to the "Boro"

:ph34r:

I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet if I were you TBall "cause both teams will still be very good this year, but I will say that Creekwood will have a leg up in District 11AA and will be a favorite for a Boro run.

Softball12,

I respectfully disagree that talent alone got Maryville the championship last year. Maryville only had two players that would have started for WB or Farragut...Blanco and Chancli Connatser, and Connatser would have played first, not pitch. I do not personally like Coach Hawkins, but he had an outstanding district tournament record over time, often with inferior talent, and certainly not always one of the two best teams in the district, but Maryville was always competing for the championship, it seemed. (and won the last four in a row.) Coach Allen may be the best coach ever, but he is still an unknown quantity. Maryville will be a very good team this year, but I don't believe that they will finish in the top two.

Let me quickly add that Connatser would have been WB's #2 pitcher behind Tuck, and would have been Farragut's #1, maybe.

I agree with you that talent alone seldom wins champioships,WBG. However, if Maryville was as "untalented" as you claim ( you said only two MHS players would have started for you or Farragut...come on now...Barbee and J. Connatser would also have started, and Hilliard would at least have been a DP), how did MHS beat you in the district tournament? I guess we just got lucky, huh?