Fulton/AC/AE

swamp

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by swamp:

I was thinking this morning...

What if AC beats Fulton and loses to AE and all 3 beat Kingston and everybody else? Then AE, having a bye week in week 1, winds up 3rd, and AC 1st and Fulton 2nd. I hate to see AE suffer for that.

I don't think overall record should be a tie-breaker unless strength of schedule is figured in. We finished 4th in our region last year because we lost to a good OS team. York played Scott, Oneida, and Celina.

Posted by AERoadrunners:

Neither team played a district game the first game of the season therefore,the first game won't mean much. But I like the way somebody stated, "AC will take care of business!" We'll see!!

GO AE!!

It matters if there's a 3-way tie in the region. Overall record is the first tiebreaker. So, if all 3 teams are 6-1 in region play, overall record would break the tie. AE would finish 3rd.

Posted by swamp:
Posted by AERoadrunners:

Neither team played a district game the first game of the season therefore,the first game won't mean much. But I like the way somebody stated, "AC will take care of business!" We'll see!!

GO AE!!

It matters if there's a 3-way tie in the region. Overall record is the first tiebreaker. So, if all 3 teams are 6-1 in region play, overall record would break the tie. AE would finish 3rd.

Your're exactly right swamp! Stevens and his staff are well aware of that. They more than likely would have to travel the whole play-off. That will be tough and expensive. I think Knox County schools should have made other Knox County schools play the roadrunners last year. That is why they had to play Indepedence.

I'm not sure that AE can make that claim. AE can't have it both ways. Either they go by the KFL policy and play other KFL whenever possible (read: drop Brainerd and Howard) or they play an open schedule. I think that KFL policy is stupid, but, what do I know?

:rolleyes:

I think the KFL is usually weak, although it is stronger than usual this year, but Brainerd and Howard aren't exactly powerhouses, either.

Posted by swamp:

I'm not sure that AE can make that claim. AE can't have it both ways. Either they go by the KFL policy and play other KFL whenever possible (read: drop Brainerd and Howard) or they play an open schedule. I think that KFL policy is stupid, but, what do I know?

:rolleyes:

I think the KFL is usually weak, although it is stronger than usual this year, but Brainerd and Howard aren't exactly powerhouses, either.

Brainerd and Howard or tradtional rivals. When AE plays these teams its not just a game but it's an event. The bands, the cook-offs, and many other events planned the week of these games.

to say both of these teams are not power houses is simply not true. Brainerd and Howard are both built with teams that AE has trouble with. A team that is as athletic as they are. No other team in Knoxville (except maybe Fulton) has the number of athletes Brainerd has. Believe or not they are well coached. Howard is filled with talent. The head coach just have too many outside obstacles to deal with. They will be improved. AE asked several teams in this area to play. All said they had other plans. Oak Ridge, Alcoa, Farragut, Halls, Dobyns Bennett, Maryville, Seymour, Webb, Carter, Powell, Whites Creek, Riverdale, MBA, and Brentwood High School. Others mentioned were Orangeburg Wilkerson of South Carolina, Indpendence of Charlotte, Paducah Tillman of Kentucky, Whitley County of Kentucky, Asheville Reynolds of North carolina, and a team from Alabama. All the out of state teams wanted AE to travel. The budget and money was the problem.

No one in the KFL like playing AE. But if you really think about it, AE should go back to the old days and bring back the West/AE game. I would've loved seeing Tommy Winton(West) versus Brandon Winton(AE). When I attended West back in the days, AE and West used to have those baseball score games like 6-7 or 2 to 3. Those used to be the games. Stevens should hook up with West if not anybody else. I hope AE doesn't let the Howard and Brainerd game go because I love seeing those bands get it krump.

Posted by boorelly:
Posted by swamp:

:D

Brainerd and Howard or tradtional rivals. When AE plays these teams its not just a game but it's an event. The bands, the cook-offs, and many other events planned the week of these games.

to say both of these teams are not power houses is simply not true. Brainerd and Howard are both built with teams that AE has trouble with. A team that is as athletic as they are. No other team in Knoxville (except maybe Fulton) has the number of athletes Brainerd has. Believe or not they are well coached. Howard is filled with talent. The head coach just have too many outside obstacles to deal with. They will be improved. AE asked several teams in this area to play. All said they had other plans. Oak Ridge, Alcoa, Farragut, Halls, Dobyns Bennett, Maryville, Seymour, Webb, Carter, Powell, Whites Creek, Riverdale, MBA, and Brentwood High School. Others mentioned were Orangeburg Wilkerson of South Carolina, Indpendence of Charlotte, Paducah Tillman of Kentucky, Whitley County of Kentucky, Asheville Reynolds of North carolina, and a team from Alabama. All the out of state teams wanted AE to travel. The budget and money was the problem.

I understand that. But you can't be playing teams from Chattanooga and then demanding the KFL force teams to play you.

Guest conway

One of the problems AE faced this year was that almost all schools were in the second year of a two year contract with other schools. Almost every school in the state already had a schedule, based on the previous year.