• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sycamore's defense has allowed:

19 to Glencliff

17 to Greenbrier

14 to Cheatham

There is NO WAY that they are going to give up 40 (or 30 for that matter) to Macon County in this one. They play too hard and fly around on the defensive side of the football.

wow....I didnt know sycamore was better defense than Trousdale, friendship and Goodpasture where the tigers put around 30 each game.....HA HA HA. Man get outta here!!!

:popcorneater: Tigers need to be ready to play some FOOTBALL! To the Lineman: Please block. Offense: Score early and often.

Man where you been? tigers have been blocking great,that's why they have put up 30 something points a game. It's the DEFENCE that needs to play,that's been our problem all year.'what ever it is 'it ant working'. come on rocky get the facts straight. off. is just fine.CHANGE THE D.DO SOMETHING!And as bad as i hate to admit it,im not sure the tigers can put up 30 points or more against sycamore.Sycamore is one of the best coached teams in the region. the tigers have a chance to win but they'll have to earn it big-time. :thumb:

n

I think(?) the Defense has been the weak link in this year's team so far? And it is kinda hard to answer the question "just how good are we"? We've given up alot of points in our first 3 games (albeit to excellent offensive teams, TC, FCS, and GP). I'm sure alot of folks have caught the scores on Friday Night Finals and thought blowout as usual...probably scored those 27 points each game (ironically?) against the opponents 2nd or 3rd strings. But that hasn't been the case at all. TC and FCS were fast starts for the Macon opponents (or slow, flat start for the Tigers depending on if your view point, glass is half full/empty, or the colors of your pom pom) where Macon gave up 21 point deficits only to come back beginning around the middle of the 2nd quarter to stem the tides and fight back to make them close 1 possession games late. Then turnovers (usually a pick 6 or fumble recovery for 6) that quickly puts points on the board for the Macon opponent that makes the game look not so close. And to go into half time tied at 27 with Goodpasture takes some doing and some playing also. Again turnovers in the 2nd half (this time) both deep in Cougar territory on Tiger potential scoring drives changed the game. One on the opening drive of the 2nd half at the GP 5 that could have resulted in a Tiger lead 34-27. Another on the GP 10. (no excuses here for Macon and certainly take nothing away from our opponents great efforts to make those plays and turn them into points). But also take nothing away from the effort we've seen from our Tigers to fight hard to make great and exciting comebacks and halftime ties with 3 traditional football championship contenders. I think we'll need to see 4 full quarters of solid, "turnover free" football before we can make an honest, accurate assessment.

Should be a great game this week against the War Eagles. I predict another exciting game for the blue and white. Good luck to both teams.

Tigers 27(haha) War Eagles 21.

Sycamore's defense has allowed:

19 to Glencliff

17 to Greenbrier

14 to Cheatham

There is NO WAY that they are going to give up 40 (or 30 for that matter) to Macon County in this one. They play too hard and fly around on the defensive side of the football.

hey howdy-doody don't forget the 27 points to clarksville ne.or nw. which ever :thumb: