Henry County (3-1) at Springfield (3-0)

bellgo

i stand corrected: but for someone to say there will be no more compatition until round two. I beg to differ. You still have Springfield, Dickson, Clarksville, Northeast, and west creek on your schedule. Henry will see these teams equal them coaching, and I can bet you any amount that you dont have an athlete faster than Northeast's Jerrimah Rutledge. there are good teams in this district, but you have not faced them yet. Springfield had played two of them.

Get to the game early for good parking, and watch where you park, or you may receive a bill from the city. Just heads up!

The two games I bolded I believe will be our toughest challenges for the rest of the regular season. Probably the two best teams we will see until the playoffs, and they're both on the road. Not to mention the battle of the barrell. Dickson County will be out for revenge. We've won 3 straight against them and 4 of the last 5. And the last two HC-DC matchups have combined for a 78-14 result in favor of the Patriots. Can't wait for that one.

But right now, our focus is on Springfield. I think Counce will have our boys ready.

I had decided to stay civil and have a good week of discussion on this thread b/c not all HC posters are ...hats. However, it is these cocky, arrgant, and ignorant posts like this that piss me off.Every since they finally beat Melrose finally after who knows how long (besides HC fans), there have been these over confident posters who spew crap about how they have won this or that b/4 the games have even been played. The kicker is, you still have not won a gold ball. I will state again, this is not meant to offend the respectable posters b/c I know there are plenty of you, but 1 bad apple ruins it for the whole bunch.

Secondly, how the heck do you know Springfield is not disciplined? Coach Myer has done an excellent job in getting this team in line and he is the kind of coach who can win you a game when the table is even. I am not saying Springfield will win but you better believe it will be a battle.....

Kevin38...please keep in mind that "HenryCoNative" represents only a very small percentage of Patriot fans...most are not so ignorant when looking at the Henry County schedule! Anyone who would say these things clearly was not at the Clarksville High game last year, Springfield games, nor has a clear understanding of how a team might not play their "A game" each and every week! It's foolish talk such as this that keeps a very large target on the Patriot helmets! (Although I don't understand your comment "finally beating Melrose" since we lead that all-time series and most aren't to the opinion that Melrose establishes "the bar" in TN high school football) We have certainly beaten other teams whose tradition is much more respectable that the Golden Wildcats so I don't think I follow your thinking....likewise, we have a losing record against other teams who for years have established themselves as the state's elite! No one in Henry Co. feels that one victory a few years ago seperates us from any other school!

To your second point, I couldn't agree more! For some reason, this has been the year of "discipline" as if most folks even know what that means when refering to "on the field" activities! There's not a single Henry Countian who has seen the Yellow Jackets play other than the two games last year EXCEPT the Patriot coaching staff who I'm sure began their film study on Saturday. I think that some believe if they talk about "discipline" it makes them seem smarter than other posters...when in reality..the opposite is true. Discipline teams still "turn it over"...discipline teams still get burned with "the big play", discipline teams still "occasionally block in the back" on kick returns...and discipline teams can lose to a more athletic team...but for some reason, many people love this term...but most can't define it as it relates to football!

We know that Springfield will be prepared, excited, talented, and looking forward to the challenge of Friday night's game with the defending District 10-AAA champs!..Likewise, Patriot fans are just as excited about visiting Springfield this week!

Edited by QBClubPrez

Kevin38...please keep in mind that "HenryCoNative" represents only a very small percentage of Patriot fans...most are not so ignorant when looking at the Henry County schedule! Anyone who would say these things clearly was not at the Clarksville High game last year, Springfield games, nor has a clear understanding of how a team might not play their "A game" each and every week! It's foolish talk such as this that keeps a very large target on the Patriot helmets! (Although I don't understand your comment "finally beating Melrose" since we lead that all-time series and most aren't to the opinion that Melrose establishes "the bar" in TN high school football) We have certainly beaten other teams whose tradition is much more respectable that the Golden Wildcats so I don't think I follow your thinking....likewise, we have a losing record against other teams who for years have established themselves as the state's elite! No one in Henry Co. feels that one victory a few years ago seperates us from any other school!

I am referring to HC beating Melrose back in 2005/06(not sure which) when you guys finished 6-4 following Melrose's string of state title appearances. Also, I know most of you guys dont post ignorant stuff which I made clear in my rebute. The guy struck a nerve and I was somewhat angry when I wrote my post. Good luck this week and have a safe trip to Springfield.....

Edited by Kevin38

Well if it comes to discipline you can reference many different definations! I disciplined my boys in the 60's different than I see parents discipline their children today. Plus you must have discipline off the field with your attitude in the community and classroom, and another form of discipline on the field as to do your job. I can honestly say Coach Myers has worked hard, along with his coaching staff, to educate the boys on their discipline off the field and removed pretty much all the problems from what I see on Friday Nights and scrimmages. In the past players would act a fool, but this team seems to be a good group of young men. Secondly, when I watch the game from week to week I see the coaches coaching our players each and every play. Coach Myers told his linemen on Friday to learn from a missed block, and know not to make the mistake again as he showed them how to correct the blocking scheme. I see a military system in Coach Myers's discipline. Must be from living in Clarksville, but in the past the players would have quit, and this year they get their chewing and respond. That takes true discipline to be corrected and perform at a high level. Hats off to our coaching staff!

I have seen all three games this year and all scrimmages, my only concern is that the Jackets have yet to put in a complete game. I just hope this is the week!

Edited by OldJacketFan

The reason for much of the disbelief in Springfield is that we heard the same song and dance last year right before our first round match-up in the playoffs. How Springfield had improved dramatically, and how they'd teach Henry County a thing or two. They then promptly laid one of the biggest offensive eggs that I've ever seen. Springfield has talent, and they are undefeated, but until they beat the Patriots I don't care how impressively they've beaten the middling 10AAA teams. And did you just reference West Creek as a good team? <_< <_<

The reason for much of the disbelief in Springfield is that we heard the same song and dance last year right before our first round match-up in the playoffs. How Springfield had improved dramatically, and how they'd teach Henry County a thing or two. They then promptly laid one of the biggest offensive eggs that I've ever seen. Springfield has talent, and they are undefeated, but until they beat the Patriots I don't care how impressively they've beaten the middling 10AAA teams. And did you just reference West Creek as a good team? <_< <_<

Not me b/c I dont believe they are, they have improved quiet a bit since last year though. I have never said they were gonna teach HC anything. I am saying that some HC posters dont have any respect for other teams and seem to state a sure win b/4 the game is even played. How did that work last year against Clarksville btw? I am not garenteeing anything, but I do believe this will be a good game.....

Not me b/c I dont believe they are, they have improved quiet a bit since last year though. I have never said they were gonna teach HC anything. I am saying that some HC posters dont have any respect for other teams and seem to state a sure win b/4 the game is even played. How did that work last year against Clarksville btw? I am not garenteeing anything, but I do believe this will be a good game.....

Reference the Clarksville game all you want. That's the only district game this team has lost in 3+ years. They went into that game on a Saturday (after a game-postponement due to Friday storms) over-confident, with little fanfare or excitement, with first place in the district all but in their grasps. They looked ahead and it cost them. Springfield has made it impossible for that to occur again.

Reference the Clarksville game all you want. That's the only district game this team has lost in 3+ years. They went into that game on a Saturday (after a game-postponement due to Friday storms) over-confident, with little fanfare or excitement, with first place in the district all but in their grasps. They looked ahead and it cost them. Springfield has made it impossible for that to occur again.

Dont make excuses, they lost plain and simple. Springfield has a quick, fast, athletic, and disciplined team but they do have areas to improve upon. The point is, if you think it will be a couple TD lead and then a lay down by Springfield then you are sorely misstaken. Expect a tough ballgame anyway you slice it. Also, isnt this only the 2nd year this district has been together....

Edited by Kevin38

Dont make excuses, they lost plain and simple. Springfield has a quick, fast, athletic, and disciplined team but they do have areas to improve upon. The point is, if you think it will be a couple TD lead and then a lay down by Springfield then you are sorely misstaken. Expect a tough ballgame anyway you slice it.....

Didn't make excuses, I freely admitted that the blew the game. However, you'll read it as however you want in the hopes that your team can do something that they haven't been able to do in many years, and that's beat Henry County. I don't think Springfield will lay down, but then again neither Humboldt, Northwest nor Kenwood laid down immediately. In the words of the great philosopher Mike Tyson "Everyone has a plan until they're punched in the face."

Also, isnt this only the 2nd year this district has been together....

Quick addition huh? Yes this is the second year for the remodeled 10AAA, football edition. However prior to that, Henry County did field a football team, and that team played in the same district, region, conference (let's not begin a battle of semantics) with many of the larger Jackson teams, as well as Brighton, Munford, and Hardin County. They went undefeated in this districtegion (see what I did there?) for the 2007 and 2008 seasons, and lost only one game early in the 2006 season to a good Munford team (thanks to a recruiting class second only to the University of Florida), thus the reason for my 3+ years remark.