Henry County (3-1) at Springfield (3-0)

bellgo

Brandon Farmer is number 8 (plays WR, punter, kick returner, and punt returner)

Tim Barbee in number 7 (plays WR, long snapper)

The jackets needed a game like this before the playoffs. Henry County has played in many of these games in the past few years, and your players remained calm. I still believe that the jackets beat themselves, but my hats off to the patriots.

TSSAA needs to change the rule that allows a team to run down a 25 second clock, jump offsides, and get a fresh 25 seconds to use after the penality. More coaches should use this rule with 3 minutes left on a clock. Heck, if you wanted to use the rule correctly, Springfield took its last time out on 2nd down with 2 minutes 45 seconds on the clock, then the patriots should have jumped offsides the rest of the game with 2 minutes 5 seconds left and not given the ball back. Instead they jump off 3 times, burn 1 minute 40 seconds, then on the fourth offsides the officials called delay of game.

How can a rule punish a defense and a team that stopped a team with 2 minutes 45 seconds remaining to allow an offense to get fresh clocks for jumping offsides? This rule is completely idiotic!!!

Who knows, the 2 minutes may not have allowed a difference in the game! However, I believe that the patriots were worried that if the jackets received the ball they would have tied the game. But we shall never know now!

I am just as frustrated as you over how that last few minutes played out due to exploitation over that rule, although justifiably so. However, the rule is in place b/c of the flip-side of the curcumstances; if on offense and you are behind w/ no timeouts remaning, you can just false start every other play to stop the clock. I just think that hurts the integrity of the game. The only problem I had the other night was instead of just false starting, 1 of the times they took a free shot at 1 of our defenders.....

I stated that I wasn't blaming them. I just saw a third quarter surge when they weren't playing. I mean, it is not every Friday that a band the size and sound of ours is blaring a mere 5 feet in our coach's headsets. Your barking up the wrong tree and yes, he IS clever.

I say backoff & you're barking up the wrong tree! Olddevil is the most knowledgable & classy poster from HC. I have never heard him confront anyone on CoachT or attempt to start anything. He was stating his opinion like you but wasn't attacking you at all!

Edited by SEC1rules

I say backoff & you're barking up the wrong tree! Olddevil is the most knowledgable & classy poster from HC. I have never heard him confront anyone on CoachT or attempt to start anything. He was stating his opinion like you but wasn't attacking you at all!

Thanx for the kind words, SEC. And congratulations to you on your meteoric rise up the Big Ones standing.

GO BIG RED

Thanx for the kind words, SEC. And congratulations to you on your meteoric rise up the Big Ones standing.

GO BIG RED

Hey Olddevil,

How did you do on your picks this past week? We are coming to come see you and Mrs. Olddevil this weekend.

I am glad to hear that Henry County won last week.

Edited by olemissreb44