Mt Pleasant (3-0) vs. Wayne Co. (3-0)

wholder

Who Gets Loss #1 For The Season?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Tigers or Cats

• Mt Pleasant
    • Wayne County

That's really a question for the Coach....... You kinda putting me in a spot here, sometimes answering these questions makes one look like their dog-in the Coaches calls and let me be clear that I'm not doing that,...... but since you asked me I will give you my opinion on it.

One's got to keep the play of the Offense balanced as everyone knows, so the pass had to be thrown in there from time to time to keep the LB's and DB's guessing and not just keying in on the run..... There were a lot of times the mTp QB had open field to take advantage of and run (maybe a TD run a time or two or just for the 1st down) but was over committed to throwing it since that was the play call I guess (hence a few post ago I said QB needed to get there mentally and take those opportunities when presented and just run). #3 and #4 were doing great getting through the wholes mTp's O-line were creating getting on average 3-4 yards a carry. Seems like the only time a turn over in downs/punts really came was when pass attempts failed to gain yardage. There were quite a few of fans around I heard that were wondering why were play calls for the pass being called for when the run was working so well. mTp could've ran it all night and got it done.

Lastly, let me be clear here...... Coaches got a tough job making decisions out there, and in no way am I questioning Smith and Co. here. I think they do a FINE job for mTp and I support them. Things sometimes look different from the Fans perspective in the stands....... One can always set back after the fact and be the one to say "Awe man.... why did he call that play, he blew that one"..... but can that same criticizer have them same gaul to call the right play in the first place??? Any real football fan knows each call is a CHANCE to go right or go wrong.........

So hats off to all Coaches in close, Great games like this one was.............. :thumb:

Union City's O last year wasn't balanced at all... To each his own though.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My hat off to MTP they are by far a very good team. They beat WC up & down the field all night. WC just made a few more plays than MTP. I'm glad WC will not have to face them again this year because I really don't think that WC could beat them again. I think Chester County's OL/DL were bigger than MTP but not as good. WC's OL/DL was a big let down.

I'll take a win any night over stats. Good luck MTP because you guys are good and I hope you win the rest of you're games.

Oh I see how it is now! I thought you would be pulling for us (PC) when we play MTP.

GREAT GAME TO BOTH TEAMS!!!!

Dagger in the Tigers heart was the TD just before halftime. Plus the fumble by mTp on the first play hurt just as bad.

I do not see WC as a number 1 team, my opinion now. Shut down Rice & Rice and they are very average football eam.

I have not seen Perry Co play but from what I hear both mTp & WC are in for a dog fight.

Yeah, shut down Rice and Rice and they probably are a pretty average team, but who's been able to shut them down yet? Even when MTP got a pass rush on T Rice Fri. night (which they did several times), he still made the plays, especially the dagger just before half. And it's more than Rice and Rice. Haden Skelton proved Fri. night he's now capable of making some very big plays (what a catch b4 halftime!)

With that said, I don't see WC as #1 either.....I think South Pitt is still the #1 team even though they got beat Fri. nite.

Yeah, shut down Rice and Rice and they probably are a pretty average team, but who's been able to shut them down yet? Even when MTP got a pass rush on T Rice Fri. night (which they did several times), he still made the plays, especially the dagger just before half. And it's more than Rice and Rice. Haden Skelton proved Fri. night he's now capable of making some very big plays (what a catch b4 halftime!)

With that said, I don't see WC as #1 either.....I think South Pitt is still the #1 team even though they got beat Fri. nite.

I would have to agree with you on the #1 ranking. I don't think that we are quite there yet and to be honest it really doesn't matter. WC needs to focus on getting better each week.