CAK @ Loudon

FootballDad

This is always a tough, physical game. The series is pretty even and is a critical game each year for both teams trying to secure that 2nd automatic bid to the playoffs. Both QB's are having good years, one mostly on the ground, the other mostly in the air. Both teams are well coached and have been successful the last several years. Lets hear it Loudon & CAK fans, what are your thoughts?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is always a tough, physical game. The series is pretty even and is a critical game each year for both teams trying to secure that 2nd automatic bid to the playoffs. Both QB's are having good years, one mostly on the ground, the other mostly in the air. Both teams are well coached and have been successful the last several years. Lets hear it Loudon & CAK fans, what are your thoughts?

Biggest game of the year thus far no doubt. CAK's offense has been dominating but Loudon's defense must be pretty solid if Aloca barely had 14 points in the 1st quarter against them. Loudon's qb, Plemmons, does it all and is a great player. it'll be interesting to see how close to 100% he is for this one, coming off the bye week bc he's been injured a few times this year. CAK's defense has been playing more as a unit recently, but still need to get some consitency from one of the corner spots. should be a great game, CAK's been great this year but havnt played good at Loudon in the past few years. It'll be a fun one.

such and exciting game that i'm making the trip to see it. FD tell my old OL buddy he better lay some people out cause i'm expecting a pysical hard hitting show

Happy to hear you are going to make the game. Please behave :lol: I'll pass along your message, I'm sure he won't let you down. Loudon likes the off tackle and option style of play so the LB's should be active. Be sure to say hey to the guys after the game.

Happy to hear you are going to make the game. Please behave :lol: I'll pass along your message, I'm sure he won't let you down. Loudon likes the off tackle and option style of play so the LB's should be active. Be sure to say hey to the guys after the game.

If Loudon plays that kind of football then CAK needs a big game from the front 4 on D 67, 71, 75, 78, and 39 need to put pressure on the offense of Loudon and free up the backers and d backs to make some plays, those front 4 are capable of making plays on their own but if they can mess up the timing of the option and stop the off tackle plays that would be the best of both worlds. Any thoughts, go Warriors

If Loudon plays that kind of football then CAK needs a big game from the front 4 on D 67, 71, 75, 78, and 39 need to put pressure on the offense of Loudon and free up the backers and d backs to make some plays, those front 4 are capable of making plays on their own but if they can mess up the timing of the option and stop the off tackle plays that would be the best of both worlds. Any thoughts, go Warriors

Well said cakfan1. Loudon has had a good power game but the play of QB Plemmons has been truly outstanding. Last year the Warriors were able to contain him pretty well, but 2 years ago we never really came close to stopping him. He is extremely difficult to tackle and their option gave us fits. As FBD said, this series has for whatever reason demonstrated an advantage to the home team. CAK will have to be at their best to win against this tough region opponent at home. As has been said before, this may very well be the toughest region in the state in 3A with Alcoa, CAK, and Loudon.

Edited by Govolsknox

The front 4 didn't have many opportunities to make tackles against Carter, but the DB's & LB's got a workout with all the passes. This week should provide more action for the D line. I'm confidant they are up to the task against what is always expected to be a big physical Loudon O line. As GVK mentioned, 2 years ago we barely got the QB's jersey dirty and he chewed us up with the QB keeper off tackle. So not only does our D line have to fill the gaps, but our OLB's must protect the edges and the MLB's must fill the seam inside out.

Edited by FootballDad