Chatt. Christian @ Sequatchie Co.

dunlap1

I have seen improvement over the last 3 games from our O line and weather Lewis is at QB or RB it's just a matter of time before we are clicking as a unit. I honestly feel you will see a revived team this week since we are finally at home. Playing your first three game away, against three very good teams is tough.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

his first game at QB was against Grundy - not Signal Mtn. But.....I hear he has already been removed from QB. Gotta get something together and leave it in place for the team to come together - IMO!

Just my opinion but how comfortable can you be in your first game at QB and starting against Signal Mnt. He will get comfortable. An ole coach I respect very much once told me as I was getting started in this game "Good players make good coaches, so put the ball in your playmakers hands and let'em make plays!!" I see the Indians getting back on track Friday and have a good shot to win out and be 8-2. Tough early schedule against bigger, deeper and more overall talented teams. The Indians made a good showing and really should be 2-1 if not for a special teams meltdown vs. Central. Good luck Indians and Coach B

his first game at QB was against Grundy - not Signal Mtn. But.....I hear he has already been removed from QB. Gotta get something together and leave it in place for the team to come together - IMO!

Not saying Hunter would not be a good QB. At QB he looks like he was trying to think to much. But at RB it just comes natural to him. This kid is fast and has got somes moves. the Stewart kid is a good ball player also. Dunlap will be a good ball team if they can quit making silly mistakes.

40-26 final. CCS led 26-24 in the fourth quarter before Sequatchie went back ahead with a touchdown, and after a turnover put it away.

Sequatchie looked to be in control early, 14-0 eight minutes in. Two TD runs by Fain, 38 and 42 yards. CCS came back late in the first, mixed the run and pass to get down the field. They were helped by a 15-yard penalty for players over the sideline boundary and from the start they were all over that. It was almost funny, not 30 seconds into the game they were over there on the coaches and players, and being quite the smart-alecks too. I believe the referees were trying to get back at the coach for calling a crew out in the paper last week. CCS converted on fourth down with a pass and scored on short run, kick was blocked, 14-6 after one.

Kick into the end zone and Sequatchie piles up 85 more rushing yards to go ahead 21-6 two minutes into the second quarter. Fain scored his third TD but it was taken away due to an illegal procedure or formation call, I believe a receiver was called even though they check with the outside ref every play. Stewart scored on a short run anyway, 21-6.

CCS got back into it in the last 2 minutes after going almost exclusively to the pass. They were again helped with a 15-yard penalty this time for pass interference and I completely disagreed with that one. Not only was the ball well over the receiver's head it was clear they was no contact. It's disappointing the refs really appeared to be paying back the coach, in my view of it. Sequatchie's defense was a little flustered and CCS scored with the run, 21-13.

Sequatchie added a field goal on the last play of the first half after Lewis ran 43 yards to the CCS 3, 24-13 at the half.

CCS started the 3rd well with a 50 yard kickoff return but lost the ball after a good hit on a 10-yard run. Sequatchie made it to the CCS 25 but was stopped on downs then CCS went down the field again, mostly on passes before a short TD run by Stuermer. 24-20.

Next play Sequatchie can't handle the kickoff and CCS gets the ball. They're stopped on 4th after good stops by Grant and Pickett. Sequatchie gives the ball right back with a fumble but CCS has to punt late in the third.

CCS took the lead with 8 minutes left in the game, Jared Swafford throwing 12 yards to Makenzie Eason. Eason is a pretty good running back, ran well until CCS went mostly to the pass and also made some good catches. CCS missed on the extra point kick which set up Sequatchie to possibly go ahead on a field goal. Sequatchie went ahead with a TD, 47 yards by Lewis, one of the best runs I've seen in a while. 32-26 after Lewis gets the 2-point run.

Sequatchie's Pickett had a sack then an interception next and Fain then scores from the 4, Fain's two-point run finished the scoring at 40-26.

CCS continued passing late and got down to the Sequatchie 20 before turning it over on downs. Sequatchie looked to run out the clock, made it to the CCS 35 while doing so but fumbled with just a couple of minutes left. CCS threw 2 passes, the second intercepted by Fain to end it.

Sequatchie piled up some big rushing numbers, team and individual. Indians had 543 yards, 300 in the first half, averaging 10 yards a carry. Lewis had 24 for 310, the most by a Sequatchie running back in 25 years. Fain had 128 yards and Stewart barely missed the 100-mark with 94. CCS's Swafford passed 27-48 for 297, would have gone over 300 yards if a couple of passes had not lost yardage.

CCS was very much improved especially on offense and should be a tough opponent through the rest of the season. Seq now can get ready for Marion.

Edited by Indian

I was impressed with CCS, they have improved more than I thought. Our offense showed what it is capable of doing tonight, I don't know the final stats, but I would say we had over 500 yds rushing and Lewis had half if not more. Lewis ran the ball harder than anybody I have seen in a long time. Good win Indians.

After the coaches got to take a look at it, the total was even higher, 596. I don't ever remember a higher yardage total for Sequatchie and that goes back a few seasons. The good thing about it, it wasn't during a runaway where the coaches left in the starters to run it up, it was part of a competitive game.