Huntingdon VS West Carroll

sodexo

428 to 376 that is your big difference in students at west carrol high and at huntingdon. That doesnt include the 7th or 8th grades in either number. SO there is really no difference in the school size, just in the talent. If you want to fault the size of you team, fault the coach because he could get more kids to play if it was that big of an issue.

thats fifty somethin kids still.. and i honestly dont see 376 in wc highschool without their 7th and 8th grade. And i wont fault the coach because he has gotten several more kids to play and want to be a part of the program. also more kids that have never played before isnt gonna make the issue any better.. its a difference of where they come from.. kids from wc dont want to go play football like ppl from huntingdon.. huntingdon has a prestigous program. WC's program is very young and doesnt have success like huntingdon.. i'm gonna have to check on these numbers. The coach gets kids to play who are willing to work. He doesnt let ppl slide on talent or anything else.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats fifty somethin kids still.. and i honestly dont see 376 in wc highschool without their 7th and 8th grade. And i wont fault the coach because he has gotten several more kids to play and want to be a part of the program. also more kids that have never played before isnt gonna make the issue any better.. its a difference of where they come from.. kids from wc dont want to go play football like ppl from huntingdon.. huntingdon has a prestigous program. WC's program is very young and doesnt have success like huntingdon.. i'm gonna have to check on these numbers. The coach gets kids to play who are willing to work. He doesnt let ppl slide on talent or anything else.

You have 525 kids 7-12. Independent numbers site

this is the website if you wanna check the numbers. Like i said its not the fact that huntingdon is bigger, they just have better athletes. No knock to the kids in west carroll, they play there heart out. But they just dont have the number of athletes.

http://www.city-data.com/school/west-carroll-junior-senior-high-school-tn.html

http://www.city-data.com/school/huntingdon-high-school-tn.html

For example teams like Camden, Milan and Westview play against teams with 300+ more students than they have and still dominate. Camden has the smallest enrollment in their district with only one team within 30 students of them. Even Westview has 75+ more students than Camden, but Camden does pretty well for itself. The numbers do play some roll, but a school's commitment to the program and the coaches, players, and community's time and effort are the biggest factors in the success of any sports program. Get your school board on board and all your school's best athletes on the field and you will have a shot at being a successful program regardless of how big or small you are.

For example teams like Camden, Milan and Westview play against teams with 300+ more students than they have and still dominate. Camden has the smallest enrollment in their district with only one team within 30 students of them. Even Westview has 75+ more students than Camden, but Camden does pretty well for itself. The numbers do play some roll, but a school's commitment to the program and the coaches, players, and community's time and effort are the biggest factors in the success of any sports program. Get your school board on board and all your school's best athletes on the field and you will have a shot at being a successful program regardless of how big or small you are.

THANK YOU LIONS4EVER,

u have it the nail on the head. It starts with how much time and effort everyone wants to put into the program. Hence the word TEAM. :thumb:

This post from lions4ever is the most intelligent post in the entire thread. They should lock it down now.

You have 525 kids 7-12. Independent numbers site

296 kids in WCHS.. straight from the school today.. not counting 7th and 8th.. and not making excuses or whining.. just clearly stating facts.. bigger schools have more athletes, not necessarily always better athletes.. and yes some good athletes wont play because of basketball or baseball.. they will only play one sport except for a few.. football is football, its not ever even.. I'm not whining or complaining but only simply making a point.. smaller schools have a lot less.. not just wc, but all of the smaller 1a schools. occassionally a couple good athletes will come through and make a difference but cant consistently compete with the bigger schools who are almost twice the size.. such as Huntingdon and Mckenzie..