officials

fridaynightlites

I have watched several game films from thurs.and friday night games this morning,and let me tell you i believe the refs are letting alot of schools down,it appears that they are there just to get paid and not to call the games.The page and giles county game had some descent officiating alot of penalties but seem to be pretty equal for both sides.The marshall county game was pathetic not one but two pass interference calls in the endzone against marshall county that turned the game around for fairview and on top of it the flags was late because the fairview coaches was calling the game for the refs.The worse call of the game was a fair catch call from a fairview receiver that was allowed to advance the ball 30+ yards but 6 officials said they didnt see it,if they didnt see it and everybody else did makes you wonder what game they was watching???? and then marshall county punted the ball to fairview again the ball hits the fairview receiver in the foot and marshall county picks it up and the refs give the ball to fairview,im not making any of this up get a copy of the game and watch the film people.I have been watching high school football for 15+ years i love watching these 3A teams get it on,but i dont like to see any of these kids get beat by grown men wearing stripes influenced to make calls by coaches.LETS GO GUYS IN STRIPES CALL EM FAIR AND LET EM PLAY!!!!!

Edited by fridaynightlites

Officiating is not an easy job. I officiate intramurals and even with 7 players the game is faster than you realize. I cannot imagine how difficult 11 on 11 is. However, I know for a fact that some officials are biased. I had a track coach that officiated basketball. He would laugh and tell us about how he was going to hammer some team because he didn't like them, and then did it. It happens. I know other officials that are honest and give it their all. Either way, all we can do is trust the officials to do their jobs well, and if we have evidence of a clear bias or inappropriate behavior there are avenues through the tssaa to address this.

On a fair catch signal if the ball hits the ground, it negates the signal. Since you have watched football for so long I thought you would know that. Looks like you were watching the game with blue colored glasses on. I would be glad to watch the film and show you some missed calls on both sides but none of the ones you mentioned.

The refs this season seemed more concerned with what Is happening on the sideline than what is happening on the field.

Yep,you are right i guess you was wearing the yellow and white glasses like the officials mr.bertier,im not for either one of the teams and dont know anyone from either school i just know what i saw on film and the coaches on fairview did a great job calling the game for the refs!!!!!

Actually I am just a realistic poster. If you were to point out some missed calls by the refs that favored Fairview. I would of pointed out the following.

1. Fourth Down Fairview runs a fake punt and the sideline judge gives him the 1st down even though he did not reach the marker

2. #79 was engaged in cut one a big play by Fairview and nothing was called.

So if I was being a homer. Why would I even bring those up? Once again seems to me you are either a Marshall Co. fan or Fairview hater. Either way, before you post get your facts straight. BTW no comment on the fair catch rule???

The previous poster said it best, you must overcome the refs no matter how bad they are.

Actually I am just a realistic poster. If you were to point out some missed calls by the refs that favored Fairview. I would of pointed out the following.

1. Fourth Down Fairview runs a fake punt and the sideline judge gives him the 1st down even though he did not reach the marker

2. #79 was engaged in cut one a big play by Fairview and nothing was called.

So if I was being a homer. Why would I even bring those up? Once again seems to me you are either a Marshall Co. fan or Fairview hater. Either way, before you post get your facts straight. BTW no comment on the fair catch rule???

The previous poster said it best, you must overcome the refs no matter how bad they are.

I said you was right on the fair catch call and i didnt join to argue i just heard aboout this site and started viewing post from various counties and found this pretty interesting im actually from mt.pleasant.Although last week i did read a couple of post from members putting down fairviews coaching staff, im just saying the refs need to call the game not the coaches and from what i hear marshall county has been through alot with coaching staff being changed two weeks before camp and players quiting and it looks like this turchetta guy is really getting control of there program and far as hating on fairview i dont even know where there school is.

On a fair catch signal if the ball hits the ground, it negates the signal. Since you have watched football for so long I thought you would know that. Looks like you were watching the game with blue colored glasses on. I would be glad to watch the film and show you some missed calls on both sides but none of the ones you mentioned.

The refs this season seemed more concerned with what Is happening on the sideline than what is happening on the field.

Completely agree on the refs being more concerned with the sidelines. TSSAA has come up with ridiculous sideline rules. The should only be two rules for the sidelines, Coaches off the field once the offensive team breaks huddle and the players on the sidelines should stand back at least three yards. That's how it is at the college and pro levels and they don't have any problems. These new rules make the officials take their eyes off the field and that's not good because they will miss part of a play and see a guy laying on the ground a certain way and assume he was blocked illegally and throw a flag.