NEW SCHOOL IN 12-AA NEXT YEAR?

sawdust76

Summit High School is a new high school in Spring Hill, TN in Williamson County. It will be drawing from Independence and Page High Schools. The county is still discussing the actual zones, but in 2 years Summit numbers will put them in 5A.

This will give 12-AA 9 teams in the district. There was a proposal to the TSSAA to move Fairview to 11-AA and Summit to 12-AA which would give each district 8 teams, but the proposal was denied. Hope the info helps.

Summit High School is a new high school in Spring Hill, TN in Williamson County. It will be drawing from Independence and Page High Schools. The county is still discussing the actual zones, but in 2 years Summit numbers will put them in 5A.

This will give 12-AA 9 teams in the district. There was a proposal to the TSSAA to move Fairview to 11-AA and Summit to 12-AA which would give each district 8 teams, but the proposal was denied. Hope the info helps.

9 team Districts are a good thing! That only allows you two "non-district" games which for many schools..eases the nightmare of scheduling other teams who have other agendas other than scheduling good, clean competition and giving every student athlete an opportunity to improve! It's worked well for District 10-AAA! I hope this District and District 10AAA stays in tact and each team continues to improve!

9 team Districts are a good thing! That only allows you two "non-district" games which for many schools..eases the nightmare of scheduling other teams who have other agendas other than scheduling good, clean competition and giving every student athlete an opportunity to improve! It's worked well for District 10-AAA! I hope this District and District 10AAA stays in tact and each team continues to improve!

It is not a good thing when you are a 3A program having to play 5 4A schools and compete for one of the top 2 spots in the district to make the playoffs. Then you are hoping you can beat all the 3A teams plus your two non-district game just to have a chance at the wild-card. When your a school with 500 students playing in a district with schools that have 900-1000 students, it is not a good thing under the current system.

It is not a good thing when you are a 3A program having to play 5 4A schools and compete for one of the top 2 spots in the district to make the playoffs. Then you are hoping you can beat all the 3A teams plus your two non-district game just to have a chance at the wild-card. When your a school with 500 students playing in a district with schools that have 900-1000 students, it is not a good thing under the current system.

Didn't you say that in 2 years their enrollment would be 900-1000 students? I think you did because I just read it! A new school is going to take it's lumps early but payoff quickly in that area..much like Ravenwood, Wilson Central, Blackman has done in recent years making the post season. Are you really "crying foul" for this school who is in Williamson County and will probably be the elite team in that district in a couple seasons....really??

Didn't you say that in 2 years their enrollment would be 900-1000 students? I think you did because I just read it! A new school is going to take it's lumps early but payoff quickly in that area..much like Ravenwood, Wilson Central, Blackman has done in recent years making the post season. Are you really "crying foul" for this school who is in Williamson County and will probably be the elite team in that district in a couple seasons....really??

I am not crying "foul" for Summit. If you could read and comprehend you would see that I said in two years Summit will have 5A numbers and will be out of the district. It will be a two year stay for them in this district.

I am crying "foul" that the 3A teams in that district are picking up a 5th 4A team and under the new TSSAA playoff format, it is already more difficult to get in the playoffs. So apparently you are reading a different thread than me. :thumb:

I am not crying "foul" for Summit. If you could read and comprehend you would see that I said in two years Summit will have 5A numbers and will be out of the district. It will be a two year stay for them in this district.

I am crying "foul" that the 3A teams in that district are picking up a 5th 4A team and under the new TSSAA playoff format, it is already more difficult to get in the playoffs. So apparently you are reading a different thread than me. :thumb:

Gerry, any idea why Fairview's move to 11AA was turned down? It only makes sense and it's not really any further than Harpeth for Camden. I would have loved to have seen the Jackets make the move although I would hate to lose an out of district game which the Lions use to schedule harder competition and rival West TN games. It would help "beef-up" competition in 11AA, lessen it in 12AA...only makes sense which is why the TSSAA turned it down I guess.

Gerry, any idea why Fairview's move to 11AA was turned down? It only makes sense and it's not really any further than Harpeth for Camden. I would have loved to have seen the Jackets make the move although I would hate to lose an out of district game which the Lions use to schedule harder competition and rival West TN games. It would help "beef-up" competition in 11AA, lessen it in 12AA...only makes sense which is why the TSSAA turned it down I guess.

They really did not give a reason why. They said they would review the request in two years once they realign again. My only logical reasoning for them not accepting it would be that it would open the door for other teams to apply. However, I think Fairview made a very viable argument and would make it fair for all. Once again the TSSAA doesn't do what is right.

Redistricting is always a tough call for this area. Camden and Stewart County are hauls for Harpeth and vice versa while Fairview and East Hickman are easy drives. Even Hickman County is closer. By the same token Fairview is traveling to Marshall County and Lewis County which are tough drives as well. Not an easy answer for the schools on the I-40 corridor. Remember the last alignment before this one had Harpeth, Cheatham and Sycamore all in different football districts. I would think that eventually Williamson County would have their own district similar to Rutherford County, particularly if Fairviews numbers increase.

How will the zoning work? Will current students be able to stay at their current schools if they wish? Will it be open zoning at Summit next year? How will they be able to field a team so quickly?

:thumb: The new zone lines have been drawn already the school board is suppose to vote on the rezoning for all schools in Williamson on Sept 27th. Summit will be playing varsity football with only 9th and 10th the first year. So tell your Quarterback Club to build a float and bring it to the games because you will be in at least 4 home coming games next year. :thumb: