Camden travels to Huntingdon

QBClubPrez

Yeah that looks good. Its not about teams in the district. Huntingdon and Mckenzie should run the table and one of those teams win it every year. I'm talking about non district games against milan and camden and such getting removed from the schedule. But yeah thats the district. Shouldn't have a problem with anyone except Mckenzie and maybe Dresden. Might be one of the weaker districts in the state, but nothing can be done about that. Just have to schedule strong non-district teams. Thats how the baseball team works every year. Play against nobody teams in the district and dominate them, but they play 4 and 5a schools as well and have become a top notch program in the state

Well, I wanted to make sure before I gave my opnion. In a District that small (only 6 teams)you have the opportunity to play 5 non-district games of your team's choice. (for bigger schools..not as easy as it sounds) Of course, the teams you aspire to play in the non-district must have the same "non-district" dates open as well..AND..just because they do..that is no guarantee that they will agree to play! On the other hand, Huntingdon does have an opportunity to play many other schools around the area. There are teams that Huntingdon once played that no longer are on the schedule..such as Humboldt, Lexington, Chester Co, Riverside, Southside, McNairy Co., Riverside, etc. Also, remember during the next scheduling meeting, South Gibson will want a chance to play the Huntingdon's and Westview's of the area! I do understand the "love of tradition" for many fans but, for the sake of the playoff picture, it might not be the best idea to continue playing Westview, Camden, and Milan ALL IN THE SAME SEASON. Dropping one of the three if not two of the three is not the end of the world for the Stangs overall well being pertaining to the postseason. Much of the time, fans (especially alumni) get caught up in rivalries and traditions instead of focusing on the big picture..which should be.."what gives your team the best opportunity to play 15 weeks?" This idea is extremely crucial when you factor in that the day may come when you're only hope is a wild card bid to make the playoffs. Again, I realize these things aren't popular, but for better or worse..it's the system now in place!

Edited by QBClubPrez

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I wanted to make sure before I gave my opnion. In a District that small (only 6 teams)you have the opportunity to play 5 non-district games of your team's choice. (for bigger schools..not as easy as it sounds) Of course, the teams you aspire to play in the non-district must have the same "non-district" dates open as well..AND..just because they do..that is no guarantee that they will agree to play! On the other hand, Huntingdon does have an opportunity to play many other schools around the area. There are teams that Huntingdon once played that no longer are on the schedule..such as Humboldt, Lexington, Chester Co, Riverside, Southside, McNairy Co., Riverside, etc. Also, remember during the next scheduling meeting, South Gibson will want a chance to play the Huntingdon's and Westview's of the area! I do understand the "love of tradition" for many fans but, for the sake of the playoff picture, it might not be the best idea to continue playing Westview, Camden, and Milan ALL IN THE SAME SEASON. Dropping one of the three if not two of the three is not the end of the world for the Stangs overall well being pertaining to the postseason. Much of the time, fans (especially alumni) get caught up in rivalries and traditions instead of focusing on the big picture..which should be.."what gives your team the best opportunity to play 15 weeks?" This idea is extremely crucial when you factor in that the day may come when you're only hope is a wild card bid to make the playoffs. Again, I realize these things aren't popular, but for better or worse..it's the system now in place!

You're probably right. I can live with removing a Dyer County and a Martin Westview, but it just doesn't sound right not playing teams that the program has played for so long. I dont think Huntingdon will be down forever. Maybe a few years but maybe they'll be back to competing for state titles again in a few years. Ya never know. And i don't want to sound like i'm saying we're awful this year because we're not. We could very easily turn things around this week. Who knows? Hey, last years group went 0-7 in middle school and were basically one game away from a gold ball. Even with a slow start maybe this years squad can do the same. I guess i'm trying to say i need to stop worrying about next year and the future, and just support this bunch. GO STANGS!

I have traveled down to 2 Huntingdon games this season, Union City and Milan.

I thought Huntingdon was a million times better against Union City than they were against Milan. Number 1, because the head coach changed the offense a little bit. Which I told you would happen. Huntingdon improved that much in just 2 weeks! If they keep getting better, then maybe good things will happen later on this season (maybe a deep playoff run).

Also, I think the pride is still there along with heart in the program. The players have absolutely no control over how may people show up in the stands. For example, just look at the Union City crowd, it has half full. Do you people think their program is down, NO! They won the whole thing last year!!

I stopped at a DINER in Huntingdon last time i was there and all the people talked about around me was how people in Huntingdon have lived for football over the last 80 years, how they lived and died by the FALL months. I had to sit on the Union City side while I attended that game because there wasnt a seat for me on the HOME side. (Old Men need a sit down). Anyway, I dont think anything has changed with Huntingdon's program. It looks just as intimidating as it did 10 years ago when they were winning 11,12,13 games a year.

I guess I will have the wear my blue Harriman shirt for tomorrow nights game. Its the only blue shirt i got. The game is in Huntingdon right?

Might want to change that shirt to some kind of black or yellow or gold. Gonna be a Lion rout of the Mustangs. Camden will score as much at they want tonight. I will save you a seat on the Camden side if you wanna join the party....

Might want to change that shirt to some kind of black or yellow or gold. Gonna be a Lion rout of the Mustangs. Camden will score as much at they want tonight. I will save you a seat on the Camden side if you wanna join the party....

If this game is going to get out of hand, why are you coming?

Sodexo, I look for improvements throughout the year. There have been improvements already in the games I have witnessed.

Most these these posts are people who are in the "panic" mode. Be patience. I dont think anything is wrong with the Huntingdon defense. Just a matter of the offense getting better each week. Dont put to much thought into a record at the end of the regular season. I remember lots of teams going 9-1 or 10-0 up here in Harriman only to lose in the early rounds. Nobody cares how many games you win the regular season if you get put out in the early rounds! What good does that do to win 9, 10 games then lose Round 1 or 2. I remember a 5-5 Pearl Cohn team in the early 90s that went 5-5 and won the whole thing!!

L4E - I hear the Lions are the real deal this year. I hope we get a chance to see each other down the road. :thumb:

The Lions are looking pretty good this year for sure, but they lack size (except for our kicker who might be the tallest kicker in the state :mrgreen: ). This may be the fastest team Camden has ever had at every position and what Camden teams generally do well, this team does VERY well. But there are things the Lions are still working on getting better at and they have yet to play a 4 quarter game. If they can limit the mental mistakes and really get the passing game going with some consistency, they COULD be dangerous come playoff time. Hope to see you guys down the line (ok, no, not really...no one honestly wants to see Milan come playoff time ;) ) Good luck to the Dawgs and hopefully the Lions take care of business until we meet again. :thumb:

If this game is going to get out of hand, why are you coming?

Sodexo, I look for improvements throughout the year. There have been improvements already in the games I have witnessed.

Most these these posts are people who are in the "panic" mode. Be patience. I dont think anything is wrong with the Huntingdon defense. Just a matter of the offense getting better each week. Dont put to much thought into a record at the end of the regular season. I remember lots of teams going 9-1 or 10-0 up here in Harriman only to lose in the early rounds. Nobody cares how many games you win the regular season if you get put out in the early rounds! What good does that do to win 9, 10 games then lose Round 1 or 2. I remember a 5-5 Pearl Cohn team in the early 90s that went 5-5 and won the whole thing!!

You're correct. The '99 team in Huntingdon went 6-4 in the regular season, no one thought they were very good. Then, they made it to Huntingdon's first ever state championship game. Got beat bad by Goodpasture but was still the number 2 team that year and got a silver ball. Two years ago that team was 5-5 and put 63 points on a top 5 USJ team in the first round. They got hot at the end. Never know with football, any team can win on any given night! But let me tell you... Camden is good this year. REAL good. I'm just hoping for a strong performance with no turnovers. Probably won't come out on top of this one, but we need to improve tonight! Good luck to both teams and I hope as always this one is injury free! :thumb:

You're correct. The '99 team in Huntingdon went 6-4 in the regular season, no one thought they were very good. Then, they made it to Huntingdon's first ever state championship game. Got beat bad by Goodpasture but was still the number 2 team that year and got a silver ball. Two years ago that team was 5-5 and put 63 points on a top 5 USJ team in the first round. They got hot at the end. Never know with football, any team can win on any given night! But let me tell you... Camden is good this year. REAL good. I'm just hoping for a strong performance with no turnovers. Probably won't come out on top of this one, but we need to improve tonight! Good luck to both teams and I hope as always this one is injury free! :thumb:

[/quote

Thinking back, I believe they played Goodpasture that year in the championship game. But, they had to beat Union City to get there. And, isnt it ironic that Huntingdon lost to Union City earlier that year only to come back and beat them to go to the Finals. I looked this information up in a program I bought at the Union City game this year.

1999 Played again in Semifinals

Huntingdon 19 Huntingdon 17

Union City 22 Union City 10

Huntingdon lost by the exact same point total (3) that year

Maybe this year will be extremely similar to THAT year.

I would say that you have a very good understanding of the situation that Huntingdon is facing. Old rivalries and Tradition are good things, but let's be honest. The main goal is to reach the playoffs and win the state championship in your class. If playing 6 teams, above your playoff class (which HHS does now), keeps you from even making the playoffs, then it might be time to reconsider playing such a tough schedule.

But since this is now,and the scheduling is the future, then let's just use that Great Tradition as an advantage and see what happens tonight.

Go Mustangs!!

Camden wins 34-14.Huntingdon hung in there but speed kills in this cramp fest.

Well first of all... Camden is FAST. Very fast. Great athletic QB, fast RBs and A powerful FB as well as an agressive o-line. Great team. Huntingdon played pretty good. However, Warbritton (18) is the best player on the team, and needs a little more help. He's a great athlete and a do-it-all player for the mustangs. Camden might be a contender for a gold ball this year. I've heard the talk and tonight i saw for myself. Very good team