1) Tennesse High

2) Science Hill

3) Volunteer

4) Central

5) Dobyns Bennett

6) South

7) Crockett

8) Boone

Have you been taking your medicine? Do you really think DB will be that far down the list? Has Volunteer brought in a bunch of recruits no one knows about? You really should pick up your prescription.....

Practice is right around the corner. Who will be preseason favorites? Top newcomers? Suprise teams?

Toss Up at the top spot.

(1) Science Hill Most Talented...coach demands team play and intensity. Could win most games playing

only sophomores and 1 freshman...could use some bigs in the paint though.

(1) Tennessee not quite as talented as the Hill (overall)...intensity is about pride! and must press to win...half court offensive often has trouble...read and react works sometimes...could use the old pick and roll...but that's for the coach to decide.

(3) DB...Missing top-notch guard play (that the Hill and the Vikes both have)...but the bigs are very talented...patience on the press and the half court set looks pretty good.

(4) South...Mac's last year, but look for some very talented underclassmen to help out. Must play as a team!

(5) Boone...dark horse here...had a great run in last years jv tourney...

(6) Central...If they couldn't place higher last year with Blizard and Wood...they will struggle this year. Especially if 'flex' is their main offense. Play a zone like a 1-3-1 or 3-2...it's over.

(7) Volunteer...I hope they have a good year. Rumors of loving everything else...other than bball! Just look above, the best teams have girls that love the game...(and no, I'm not Bobby Knight...there is more to life than b-ball!)

(8) Crockett...Just don't know much about this group...someone help us out here.

Just my take.

I hope and pray for a very good year with no injuries!!

Good luck girls!

...and most should be thankful that Betsy is in another conference!! LOL

Toss Up at the top spot.

(1) Science Hill Most Talented...coach demands team play and intensity. Could win most games playing

only sophomores and 1 freshman...could use some bigs in the paint though.

(1) Tennessee not quite as talented as the Hill (overall)...intensity is about pride! and must press to win...half court offensive often has trouble...read and react works sometimes...could use the old pick and roll...but that's for the coach to decide.

(3) DB...Missing top-notch guard play (that the Hill and the Vikes both have)...but the bigs are very talented...patience on the press and the half court set looks pretty good.

(4) South...Mac's last year, but look for some very talented underclassmen to help out. Must play as a team!

(5) Boone...dark horse here...had a great run in last years jv tourney...

(6) Central...If they couldn't place higher last year with Blizard and Wood...they will struggle this year. Especially if 'flex' is their main offense. Play a zone like a 1-3-1 or 3-2...it's over.

(7) Volunteer...I hope they have a good year. Rumors of loving everything else...other than bball! Just look above, the best teams have girls that love the game...(and no, I'm not Bobby Knight...there is more to life than b-ball!)

(8) Crockett...Just don't know much about this group...someone help us out here.

Just my take.

I hope and pray for a very good year with no injuries!!

Good luck girls!

...and most should be thankful that Betsy is in another conference!! LOL

1. Bristol - Better cohesion this season.

2. JC - Always talented, always a competitor. Always the top dog.

3. Volunteer - I actually disagree with this placement. But I will leave it there because South has alot to prove. Central doesn't have the horsepower. Boone could do it. But DB most likely will play back up.

4. DB - My last post about DB was to say they don't have a chance. However, my reasoning for that statement was due to the fact that they lost a premier guard and struggled through the season with what they had. Well, she is back. Briacha is back. She will be a senior but she is fast and has all the other tools to lead the floor for DB. This will inspire the team...and especially Julie who really didn't have a great year last season. Briacha will make them a contender.

5. South - This team could go either way. Mac will be Mac. But it will all depend on her support group. With Fletcher still recovering from a severed ACL from AAU it could be touch and go.

6. Boone - Boone may be scrappy but they will turn the tables on some of the elite.

7. Central - Maddie and Jackie are about all they have. To be seen.

8. Crockett - I'm unaware of what they bring to the table. Someone else will need to tell us what they have.

1A- Science Hill- deeper than last year with all 5 starters back, still going to be young 6 so and 1 fr.

1A- Tn. High- will flat out get after u on d, best hope they arent hitting from outside or u are in for a long nite.

3-DB- Still the biggest team in Big 8, guard play will be key for them.

4-South- D-1 player in Mac, Fletcher coming back from acl will be key.

5-Central match up problems with the flex, u have to talk or play zone, then they have shooters

6A- Volunteer- Ashley is the go to player, lots of players coming back

6a- Boone- Deeper than they have been, will wear u down with all the players he will run at u.

7- Crockett- Long ways to go, but they are getting better.

POY Canidates: Hensley SH, Copney SH, Burleson TN High, Mitchell Tn High, Campbell South, Lindholm Vol.

New Comer: Tarter SH, Anderson DB,

Some pretty good comments and insights. Not sure I can add very much but here goes...

1) TN High finds a way to win no matter what. A couple of years ago they lost 6 or 8 seniors and still came back the next year to win the conference. Generally play harder than anyone else and only team that even really attempts to press consistently. Good balance in and out.

2) Science Hill has best shooters and good ballhandlers. Lack of post play is an issue but most teams in the conference won't take advantage. Could knock off TN High but still young.

3) DB is big and has a LOT of seniors. Guard play will do them in but France doesn't really use them anyway. Shouldn't take a genious to figure out to pressure the ball when playing them.

4A) Was going to poke fun at Falconmom, but Volunteer may actually crack the top half this year. Lindholm will need a lot of help to pull it off though.

4B) South has a DI commitment. (Does anyone else?) Think Campbell is their only senior though and a key junior is hurt. Some young players will have to step up (and not be totally demoralized) to finish in the top half.

4C) Central has a couple of very talented players but not much else. Still they could easily sweep both South and Volunteer.

7) Boone gets as much out of their talent as anyone else. Feeder system has really let them down lately though.

8) Crockett has same feeder problem as Boone but doesn't seem to get as much out of them.

Have you been taking your medicine? Do you really think DB will be that far down the list? Has Volunteer brought in a bunch of recruits no one knows about? You really should pick up your prescription.....

Yes, I've been taking my medicine and sometimes some that is not mine! DB may swap with Central, but that still puts them below us! No new recruits, we don't need them, coach says he has never had girls that play like our girls and parents that were so involved with program. Believe you me, I never forget to pick up my prescriptions!!! Looks like even theknack believes!

Under a month till practice starts. Who is everyone scrimmaging when they get started?

Have seen some of the Big 8 girls playing in the Elite 80 fall league down at Carson Newman they are playing well.

The Big 8 girls are playing very well...probably some of the best players there.

A couple of our Big 8 girls are league leaders.

Don Brown does a good job running the league.

• 3 weeks later...