BIG 8 2010/2011

wkktnvolsfan

I believe I stated the fact that Miss Mitchell was an all- around player, did I not? Let me say again that she is an all- around player and has been a huge asset to TH. You are right, everyone has games where they are non-existing and that is where TH AND SH have a hugh advantage over the other teams. Someone else always steps up! I believe Mitchell will be all-conf. if not POY but I know she will be in the mix so noone is leaving her out.

I would agree. No one said she was a nonfactor in big games. Just not at the TH high game against SH. She was one of the reasons they beat SH at SH. You must be her parent or AAU coach. Dont get your feathers ruffled. No one said she is not player of the year. We are just stating that "they" dont give it to the best person sometimes. I do think there are others more deserving of the award than her is all. I did see in the paper where some teams have 3 or 4 people scoring 9 or more points per game which makes PPG hard to figure in.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree. No one said she was a nonfactor in big games. Just not at the TH high game against SH. She was one of the reasons they beat SH at SH. You must be her parent or AAU coach. Dont get your feathers ruffled. No one said she is not player of the year. We are just stating that "they" dont give it to the best person sometimes. I do think there are others more deserving of the award than her is all. I did see in the paper where some teams have 3 or 4 people scoring 9 or more points per game which makes PPG hard to figure in.

PPG can be misleading, agreed. More times than not the teams with balanced scoring over the length of a season are the more successful teams.

According to the tricitiessports facebook post, Science Hill and Volunteer won the coin tosses today so the bracket should look like this:

#1 Science Hill vs. #8 Crockett

#4 Sullivan Central vs. #5 Volunteer

#2 Tennessee High vs. #7 Boone

#3 Dobyns-Bennett vs. #6 Sullivan South

Tournament time! Good luck to everyone!

It should be in the papers tomorrow, but anyone know which days the girls play?

I was wrong about Volunteer. Central swept Boone while South and Volunteer split with them. Think South is regretting this loss to Boone about now? They may match up with DB better than Central or Volunteer, but loss to Boone probably means one-and-done in the districts for South. Don't think it will happen but Volunteer could still make regionals. SH has a cake walk to the district championship game played on their own floor. Not saying they will win it.

If you can't choose among multiple sophomores from SH, then POY goes to the senior from TN High. Pretty simple. Like hands says though, the votes are in. Panther is obviously AM's AAU coach so he should be making a case for her. The only stat some coaches keep is ppg. These are not good coaches and their records tend to show it.

PS - Comp, the feeling is mutual. Especially when your "tone" is directed at the girls on the floor.