BIG 8 2010/2011

wkktnvolsfan

Toss Up at the top spot.

(1) Science Hill Most Talented...coach demands team play and intensity. Could win most games playing

only sophomores and 1 freshman...could use some bigs in the paint though.

(1) Tennessee not quite as talented as the Hill (overall)...intensity is about pride! and must press to win...half court offensive often has trouble...read and react works sometimes...could use the old pick and roll...but that's for the coach to decide.

(3) DB...Missing top-notch guard play (that the Hill and the Vikes both have)...but the bigs are very talented...patience on the press and the half court set looks pretty good.

(4) South...Mac's last year, but look for some very talented underclassmen to help out. Must play as a team!

(5) Boone...dark horse here...had a great run in last years jv tourney...

(6) Central...If they couldn't place higher last year with Blizard and Wood...they will struggle this year. Especially if 'flex' is their main offense. Play a zone like a 1-3-1 or 3-2...it's over.

(7) Volunteer...I hope they have a good year. Rumors of loving everything else...other than bball! Just look above, the best teams have girls that love the game...(and no, I'm not Bobby Knight...there is more to life than b-ball!)

(8) Crockett...Just don't know much about this group...someone help us out here.

Just my take.

I hope and pray for a very good year with no injuries!!

Good luck girls!

...and most should be thankful that Betsy is in another conference!! LOL

According to Tricitiessports.com other than the toss up for #1, this is still the case! Wish I was as lucky at the lottery!

...Plus, nice win for the Toppers last night...and, alas, DB was a little weak at guard play.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like we were pretty close on our predictions pancon. I thought it might be a three horse race, but Science Hill exposed DB badly. Tennessee High and Science Hill are the only two capable of winning the District title and clearly have a chance to make deep post season runs.

If the Hill couldn't beat MO EAST what makes you think they will have a deep post season? Looks like it is Tenn. High but that is no surprise.

Good night of basketball and a good night for the Big 8 at the Doc Maples Holiday Hoops Invitational at Viking Hall last night. Boone made a great comeback and beat Archbishop Carroll by 2. Tennessee High started slow then blew out Sullivan East. Volunteer then made a nice comeback and beat Lawrence Co. KY. Today's schedule looks like this:

3:30 Sullivan East vs. Lawrence Co.

5:00 Archbishop Carroll vs. John Battle

6:30 Tennessee High vs. Volunteer

8:00 Elizabethton vs. Daniel Boone

Should be a fun day.

Good night of basketball and a good night for the Big 8 at the Doc Maples Holiday Hoops Invitational at Viking Hall last night. Boone made a great comeback and beat Archbishop Carroll by 2. Tennessee High started slow then blew out Sullivan East. Volunteer then made a nice comeback and beat Lawrence Co. KY. Today's schedule looks like this:

Should be a fun day.

It was a good night for the Big 8 teams. They started out a little rusty looking,

but all teams looked better in the second half. Boone and Volunteer represented the conference well.

...more to come!

Should be a fun day.

Just about got the kool-aid formula right.

Tonight will tell.

:popcorneater:

It was a good night for the Big 8 teams. They started out a little rusty looking,

but all teams looked better in the second half. Boone and Volunteer represented the conference well.

...more to come!

Rematch...THS vs Elizabethton.

This should be a dog fight. Has to be for THS to win. Up to this point, Betsy is on top. Period. Betsy can be beat though. Dugger goes for the throat from the start. He will keep his starters in almost the entire 1st quarter. They get winded doing this, but by that time, he typically has a good lead. THS must counter this, even if it means a reduction in the rotation. THS must push the tempo, driving to the basket and kicking for high percentage buckets from good shooters. It has to be run, run, run on offense because Betsy plays great half court man defense. If THS has to play half court, in and out will be more effective than around the horn and settling for the pressured trey. On d, the vikings must hedge very quickly on the screens and everyone needs to have a hand in their shooters' eye's! EVERY shot must be contested! Make the Bowlings run and play very physical d on both...make their leggs tired and they will miss their shots. It will be the toughest game yet for both teams. 5 to 7 players on each team will decide. Who's tougher? Who's in better shape? Who see's the floor better? Smart with heart will win this game!

Good luck ladies. Have a very physical but injury free game.

AJ needs to guard CB too!

I am thinking that Tennessee High will put a beating on the Lady Falcons....71-49. I will also be interested to see how Coach Campbell and the Lady Blazers will play Elizabethton defensively. Boone always plays good defense, so I will say Betsy wins....62-42. Go Cyclones!!!!!

Coach, you must be psychic, you almost predicted the exact score! Only losing one player from last year a lot of us thought we would at least be a little competitive. Even with the number of juniors and seniors on team it looks like we are still rebuilding. How many years does it take for a program under a new coach to show a little progress? I also have a water cooler for sale, kool-aid has been rinsed out.