BIG 8 2010/2011

wkktnvolsfan

I can't wait, did you see what we did to North? Guess who's next! Things are great if you are a Falcon! Myers has us playing at a level very few would have believed in only 3 years. Now even coach Overbey is back in program! Everyone wants to associate with a winner.

We will have a table set up in lobby like we did at North selling Kool-Aid, enjoy.

HAHA Myers has not been to impressive,to me he overshadows a lot of talent and that is not how you win a ball game. I'm just a fan of Basketball and I attend to Volunteer so yes I do watch the games, even at my age I can see the problems Volunteer has and it's not pretty.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Falcon sounds like a person who is against the Volunteer Program. Their kid probably got cut or is jealous of the Lindholm kid. I just wonder how all the teams are doing since the thread is quite. Anyone know about DB and TN High? SH looks much the same as last year so far from the two game I have seen. I did hear that TN High is having some internal problems with not happy kids. Any truth to the rumor?

Wow, jealous of the Lindholm kid? From what I see she don't pass the ball! Maybe they are just MAD at the Lindholm kid.

Tomorrow Night will say a lot about the top tier of the conference. I wonder how SH will handle TN pressure? In the Dis. Last year they turned it over a lot in the 2nd half. As for the leaders changing this year, who would you consider the leaders. Last year hensley was the leader but did not score against Tn in the final meeting. Since main pieces are still there why would the leader role change? Moving on, Who does DB have? They looked impressive with the win over East.

I don't know why the leaders have changed but the young ones have taken over. The Reid girls and the freshmen look to be in charge of that team now and seem to be doing a great job! Looks to me like the Reid girl will be the one making a run for POY.

Good game last nite , a back and forth affair. The loss will make the Lady Toppers come back and work harder.

Great game! Two top tier teams going at it as if they had already played 20 games each.

Bunches of talent on the floor! Looked like a college game. Intensity at it's best.

Hats off to both programs. Love of the game was shown with mutual respect on both sides.

Great game! Two top tier teams going at it as if they had already played 20 games each.

Bunches of talent on the floor! Looked like a college game. Intensity at it's best.

Hats off to both programs. Love of the game was shown with mutual respect on both sides.

Your correct lot of respect shown both ways, game sure didnt look or feel like an early December game!!

Toss Up at the top spot.

(1) Science Hill Most Talented...coach demands team play and intensity. Could win most games playing

only sophomores and 1 freshman...could use some bigs in the paint though.

(1) Tennessee not quite as talented as the Hill (overall)...intensity is about pride! and must press to win...half court offensive often has trouble...read and react works sometimes...could use the old pick and roll...but that's for the coach to decide.

(3) DB...Missing top-notch guard play (that the Hill and the Vikes both have)...but the bigs are very talented...patience on the press and the half court set looks pretty good.

(4) South...Mac's last year, but look for some very talented underclassmen to help out. Must play as a team!

(5) Boone...dark horse here...had a great run in last years jv tourney...

(6) Central...If they couldn't place higher last year with Blizard and Wood...they will struggle this year. Especially if 'flex' is their main offense. Play a zone like a 1-3-1 or 3-2...it's over.

(7) Volunteer...I hope they have a good year. Rumors of loving everything else...other than bball! Just look above, the best teams have girls that love the game...(and no, I'm not Bobby Knight...there is more to life than b-ball!)

(8) Crockett...Just don't know much about this group...someone help us out here.

Just my take.

I hope and pray for a very good year with no injuries!!

Good luck girls!

...and most should be thankful that Betsy is in another conference!! LOL

According to Tricitiessports.com other than the toss up for #1, this is still the case! Wish I was as lucky at the lottery!

...Plus, nice win for the Toppers last night...and, alas, DB was a little weak at guard play.