It's A Buffaloe hunt!

DevilMan03

Classy post Gdevil. Refreshing to see a Devil fan give some credit to the other teams players instead of "we had an off night or it was the zebras that kept from being 80-0"

All of the above are true... WG and every other team in the BRAC will bring their best to Burley and it's a bit frustrating to see the Devis NOT. The o-line just wasn't blocking. And I don't think I have seen a less-competent officiating crew since we left the IMAC. From "ghost" face-masks and illegal blocks to the Boles kick return from the end-zone and holding no-calls, it was pathetic. I think they are gonna ride the Devils hard the rest of conference play. It may very well be the Devils vs Brac + officials from here on out.

All of the above are true... WG and every other team in the BRAC will bring their best to Burley and it's a bit frustrating to see the Devis NOT. The o-line just wasn't blocking. And I don't think I have seen a less-competent officiating crew since we left the IMAC. From "ghost" face-masks and illegal blocks to the Boles kick return from the end-zone and holding no-calls, it was pathetic. I think they are gonna ride the Devils hard the rest of conference play. It may very well be the Devils vs Brac + officials from here on out.

I guess you and bud must have gone to different games....poor Devils how dare those zebras keep them from scoring 80....please excuse me while I wipe these tears from my eyes.

I give a lot of props to the Buffs. They played a hard, good football game. I was impressed. If they play that way the rest of the year I see them doing some good things in the post season. Keep your heads up Buffs. As for the refs, I don't see what the Devil fans are complaining about. I saw many, many holding calls that were let go on the Devils last night. If the refs sucked, then they sucked both ways. As far as the one that Boles returned from the end zone, the ball bounced and Boles touched the ball before going into the end zone. I don't know the ruling on that one, but that may be the reason he could return it. Also, when West Greene did put their sophomores and freshmen in, Greeneville's whole starting D Line was in, perhaps the best D line in the state. A bit much for me as well, Ballard should have went to the reserves too. The Buffs didn't need any starters out there helping their young boys, why did the Devils? All in all it was a fun game to watch. Don't take anything away from the Buffs by saying things about coming off a big win or referees, they have a pretty decent football team. I think they earned a lot of respect from the Devil players and coaches. Keep it up both teams, it would be nice to see two local, conference teams make deep runs into the playoffs.

Now Bud, I think both of these coaches are looking ahead to what each team needs to prepare for the post season. Greeneville needs their starters to play 4 quarters and WG needs to keep his starters healthy for a run at the rest of the BRAC. Ballard has to keep his D conditioned and Case needs his stud RB in one piece. Remember there is no guaranteed spot for the team that finishes third so the Buffs have to play for second. They played hard for 3 quarters but at some point they have to concede and move on. Time to get ready for the games that will get them in the play-offs.

So how's Willy this morning? Looked like a shoulder injury. Nice to have Tanner Stewart around when you need him. He should get the start next week and give Willy some rest.

Edited by barb

I guess you and bud must have gone to different games....poor Devils how dare those zebras keep them from scoring 80....please excuse me while I wipe these tears from my eyes.

Can anyone give us the penalties for both teams? It wasn't so much that it kept Greeneville from scoring 80...the o-line did that just fine. But it did make field position somewhat problematic for the Devils on both sides of the ball. When you're having trouble moving the ball anyway, having the refs carrying it backward 10-15 yds at a time doesn't help.

Now Bud, I think both of these coaches are looking ahead to what each team needs to prepare for the post season. Greeneville needs their starters to play 4 quarters and WG needs to keep his starters healthy for a run at the rest of the BRAC. Ballard has to keep his D conditioned and Case needs his stud RB in one piece. Remember there is no guaranteed spot for the team that finishes third so the Buffs have to play for second. They played hard for 3 quarters but at some point they have to concede and move on. Time to get ready for the games that will get them in the play-offs.

So how's Willy this morning? Looked like a shoulder injury. Nice to have Tanner Stewart around when you need him. He should get the start next week and give Willy some rest.

So next week if Greeneville gets up by 40 or 50 against another team they're leaving their starters in for 4 quarters? Something tells me that won't happen. I swear I think they left their starters in because it was homecoming and they wanted the scoring difference to be worse. After Chaz's interception for the touchdown (which was very good btw), the game was clearly in hand. Everybody in the whole stadium knew it, so when GHS's starting D-line came back out against our JV it looked like Greeneville was trying to make the game look worse than it already was. I got no problem with Greeneville beating WG by however much they beat them by, but that just seemed out of place. I could hear West Greene's starters yelling at Coach Case across the sidelines to put them back in during this. Hats off to the Buffs last night though. They fought hard the entire game and gave Greeneville more trouble than anybody expected.

I saw that face mask, barb. It was pretty close to the sideline so pending on where you were sitting you may not have seen it but it happened. I do agree with you about getting the Devils ready and keeping the Buffs healthy... good point. I still believe the refs were bad both ways too. You saw a ghost face mask, I saw A LOT of holding. Could have been worse. I also liked the 60 yard personal foul penalty that went against the Buffs. Guess you forgot about that one?

So next week if Greeneville gets up by 40 or 50 against another team they're leaving their starters in for 4 quarters? Something tells me that won't happen. I swear I think they left their starters in because it was homecoming and they wanted the scoring difference to be worse. After Chaz's interception for the touchdown (which was very good btw), the game was clearly in hand. Everybody in the whole stadium knew it, so when GHS's starting D-line came back out against our JV it looked like Greeneville was trying to make the game look worse than it already was. I got no problem with Greeneville beating WG by however much they beat them by, but that just seemed out of place. I could hear West Greene's starters yelling at Coach Case across the sidelines to put them back in during this. Hats off to the Buffs last night though. They fought hard the entire game and gave Greeneville more trouble than anybody expected.

The Devil starters needed to be in midway through the fourth quarter, a surprise to many. If you go back and read some posts, Devil fans were debating when to take them out. Much later than most thought. Definitely not the first, definitely not midway through the second and not even after halftime but the fourth quarter. I'm still impressed with the Buffs play.

I saw that face mask, barb. It was pretty close to the sideline so pending on where you were sitting you may not have seen it but it happened. I do agree with you about getting the Devils ready and keeping the Buffs healthy... good point. I still believe the refs were bad both ways too. You saw a ghost face mask, I saw A LOT of holding. Could have been worse. I also liked the 60 yard personal foul penalty that went against the Buffs. Guess you forgot about that one?

The personal foul was marked from the spot of the penalty Bud, not the end of the run....don't be obtuse. I thought Spradlin stiff-armed that kid in the mask with an open hand...it was right in front of us. I guess a face-mask is subjective these days. Yes there was a lot of holding ...on both sides. The refs seemed to have some difficulty knowing where to mark a lot of penalties.It seemed they were just plain bad.

Can anyone give us the penalties for both teams? It wasn't so much that it kept Greeneville from scoring 80...the o-line did that just fine.

So it was the zebras and the Devils themselves that kept from scoring 80....I guess West Greene's effort had nothing to do with it.

Edited by Big Daddy

So it was the zebras and the Devils themselves that kept from scoring 80....I guess West Greene's effort had nothing to do with it.

Gosh Big Daddy, you're kinda being a pest...if Greeneville's O-line had blocked like they did the previous week against TH this would have been a massacre from the opening kick-off. Not taking anything away from WG... they played with a lot of heart, but if the Devils had played with the same intensity that they showed in the Stone Castle, this would have been mercy rule the entire second half. Geez next somebody will be asking if WG is better than TH because they didn't get beat as bad and had to face our starters longer.Give it a rest, Big Daddy...we'll be spankin' yer boys soon enough.

Edited by barb

Ok, I've set here long enough. I try not to be the kind of fan that gets on here and brags about how great my team is, but I must say that first, WG brought their A game last night. Credit where credit is due. GHS, their c game, maybe b- game at best. As has already been mentioned, everyone will come into Burley and try to do the same thing. GHS must learn from this game and not allow it to happen again, especially in the post season. I thought the refs were not too good myself, but not necessarily one sided. I will have to honestly say that GHS DID NOT play thier A game last night. I believe that with both teams playing their A games, GHS would have won even more, but it didn't happen and really doesn't matter. Each time out on the field must be a lesson learning, hopefully the players will listen to the coaches and make the necessary adjustments and keep their focus where it needs to be, the team at hand. GO DEVILS!

Gosh Big Daddy, you're kinda being a pest...if Greeneville's O-line had blocked like they did the previous week against TH, if the Devils had played with the same intensity that they showed in the Stone Castle, if WG is better than TH Big Daddy...we'll be spankin' yer boys soon enough.

Yada, yada, yada.....if, if, if....if frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their butts on the ground, if barb didn't cry about the zebras in a 55-10 victory she wouldn't sound like an azz, if the Devils move back up a classification then maybe they could spank my boys....if, if, if