It's A Buffaloe hunt!

DevilMan03

You must have played for one of those county teams. Now you're jealous over what Greeneville's football program has built in the last 4 years. The players there that came from county schools came because they want to win. If I was an athlete from the county I would beg my parents to send me to Greeneville so I could be a part of a program that's taking the right steps to be successful. If you believe the Niswonger dollars, better facilities and more coaches is what helps GHS win games, then maybe the county schools should follow their example and stop complaining about what they have. Or you can just beat them - NOT :mrgreen:

I think the county schools are trying to take the right steps moreman. They do have less money, but they're working hard. I think the weight programs in the county have come a long way over the last five years or so and that has helped. I think some of the teams in the county are starting to schedule tougher opponents. We will see what they do with next years schedules. Greeneville has had it right for years. They've had a great weight room, great coaches, and have played great teams in Mo. West, Jeff Co. and Betsy over the years. I think the county schools are realizing that they can't get better by playing Unaka, Cosby, and Hancock Co. year in and year out. Give it some years and these county teams will get better and better. Remember it wasn't long ago that West Greene was 0-10 or 1-9 every year. Chuckey Doak only won 2 games last year. Give it time and they'll get better. If not, they'll never survive.

You know, this argument always ticks me off. I know we got some money for that field. I won't dispute that. But, it's not like we started playing sports here in 2005. You want to talk about sports at GHS. I'll tell you about sports at GHS.

How about all of the time that Coach Sorrells, Hollowell, O'dell, Franklin and others spent on grading the old grass field here? How about the hours that Coach Keicher spent painting and mowing that old grass field? How about the time that coaches have spent mopping mats or sweeping basketball floors? How about the hours that our parents are in the concession stand or selling t-shirts or washing gear? Yeah, that's all just luck.

Yeah...money, sure....that's it. That's why this high-paid wrestling coach from GHS gets a coaching supplement that works out to about $0.12 per hour. I'm willing to bet that the football, basketball, track, cross-country, etc get the same kind of supplement. That's why I'm gone from my family for one or two weeks every summer at wrestling camp which, by the way, usually involves another 3 months of fundraising because, believe it or not, they're not all rich kids. The county doesn't have a monopoly on poor or out-of-work.

This school and these kids didn't just luck into anything. It may look that way but you ask those coaches that were out here one summer with a grader, a shovel, and a string level how easy it was to make this place something to be proud of and see what they tell you.

It takes years of dedication to build what we've got here and I certainly am not going to say no if someone offers me a few dollars to better serve my athletes.

Flame on 'cause I know you don't get it.

Its not the money, its not the facilities that makes Greeneville better. It's the determination of the staff the players and their parents. I watched all summer as the players from GHS practiced of the mornings then a bunch of them would come to a speed and agility camp of the evening, that was organized and funded by the parents of those players. Keep whining about everything or use Greeneville's domination to motivate. What about the city kids that transfer to the county schools, never hear any mention of that. Ask Julius, ask Brandon Marsh both of them came to greeneville to "try" to play football and they couldn't cut it. Go watch all the county practices then come watch Greenevilles, you'll find the difference.

TD.....You know I've seen both sides of that fence.

There are positives and negatives in both systems. Neither has an abundance of rich kids. Neither has an abundance of excessive funds.

The county puts itself at a disadvantage by having four high schools. It hurts them financially, which in turn pushes kids to seek better opportunity at the other school, and it hurts them athletically.

Its not the money, its not the facilities that makes Greeneville better. It's the determination of the staff the players and their parents. I watched all summer as the players from GHS practiced of the mornings then a bunch of them would come to a speed and agility camp of the evening, that was organized and funded by the parents of those players. Keep whining about everything or use Greeneville's domination to motivate. What about the city kids that transfer to the county schools, never hear any mention of that. Ask Julius, ask Brandon Marsh both of them came to greeneville to "try" to play football and they couldn't cut it. Go watch all the county practices then come watch Greenevilles, you'll find the difference.

You are right about that. You will see twice as many coaches, most of which have a descent idea or knowledge about what they are coaching. That's the big difference.

TDartist, Amen, Amen and again I say Amen, During some of my coaching years I've painted walls, I've cleaned toilets, I've done fundraiser after fundraiser to elevate a program and give my athletes a chance to feel good about their team and take pride in their program...Only to hear others whine and complain because we had something and they didn't....This is still America...there is no one stopping a person or a staff from working harder. Maybe the reason Mr. Niswonger was willing to help out Greeneville was because of the commitment to excellence GHS has exhibited over the years in all their sports. He certainly wouldn't invest in a program that had not worked toward success. So what ever program you are connected with make sure they are working to improve and when someone decides to be generous and help you out...GHS will be happy for you too. Until then Go Greeneville!

Greeneville wins because they are talented, have committed coaches, they set the bar high, and they outwork just about any team in the state. Not facillities. They are benefical but not a reason for domnance. There is a buzz that is always around this program that quite frankly doesn't exist in alot of places. The same kind of buzz that is felt around schools like maryville and alcoa. And yes county kids come in to greeneville. But these schools lack this buzz and swag that greeneville football carries. The ones hatin are the ones that are jealous, or are too dumb to understand what makes a succesful football program.

I'm not disputing you. Everyone and their brother believes the Devils will be 10-0 in a few weeks. I'm just saying not everything is a given. The odds of them losing a game is like the odds of me getting hit in the big toe with a meteor. I do disagree with you on one more thing. I think Claiborne might give you guys the toughest game. Cody Malone is a good athlete and he has more weapons and beef up front than Shuffler did on Rebel Hill.

On a side note, anyone taking West Greene in this one? :roflolk:

Don't count West Greene out yet they won't give up easy they have a great team